Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: rza as bobby digital coming soon (You can't stop me mp3)

miha

Quote Originally Posted by SaqurakiHanamichi View Post
    im feeling the track
    co-sign

looking forward to this project.

Original Nastukao Bucellito 136's Avatar

this track is fire
    i love the beat and glad to hear deck on it even if rza is very good

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post
    And "Do U" is probabally my favourite Digi-Featured track so...

just for people to know....Do U is one of the tracks recorded before the Bob Digi era

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    just for people to know....Do U is one of the tracks recorded before the Bob Digi era
    what, I didn't have a clue about that - when was this one recorded then?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

im tired of that sample man...tracks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I don't see how that's possible since Rza makes the Digi noise and references Star Wars Episode 1, which came out after the digi era had already began.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post

ha, of course i havent paid for any ghost album post SC.

im still not sure why you care.
    I don't care, that's why I never asked you if you bought any type of album. move along.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    I don't see how that's possible since Rza makes the Digi noise and references Star Wars Episode 1, which came out after the digi era had already began.
    good point.......

wera, explain yourself man..

PRODIGAL SUN

rza is the shit............

Veteran Member

how many transition albums does he need. he started transitioning on digital bullet... just do it already.

Well did u think he was gonna end his solo career with BOAP? Of course not, at least not without the Cure dropping. Digi Snacks will be his LAST transitional Bobby album b4 the Cure, so yeah hes getting closer being as how he said 2 more solo albums, then RZA is done

Veteran Member

"YOU CAN'T STOP ME NOW" PRODUCED BY RZA
    It sounds like a black western. I had John Frusciante [of Red Hot Chili Peppers] play lead guitar. The sample we played over comes from an old song, "Message to the Black Man." There's been many versions, but we referenced a reggae one. I rap on this, and I'm talking about how I started off as a smalltime hustler, but kept going, amidst death threats. To fight depression, I would make beats that became songs, which became hits. Then, Rebel INS and Ghostface come on.

So yes people, RZA already knew this sample existed from other producers. Chorus is sampled as well, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVKDEq0cwNk

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

::crosses fingers::

The thing about it is he really didnt do too much with the sample either. Making the track boring for me. The Bobby tracks on Afro Samurai were dope as hell to me though so i have high hopes for the upcoming album.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    nobody made excuses for BDR cuz it was fuckin weak..

and i'm just makin the point that complaining about the song because King Geedorah once used it the same sample a few years ago and so did Mathematics on an instru album (2 obscure releases to say the least) is retarded..

is Rza supposed to be like "wait, did anybody use this before?...hold up, don't start recording yet, let's go to the store and cop some MF Doom shit to make sure he never used it. Call up Mathematics and the other killa beez and just clear it up that they've never used this sample before cuz i don't wanna upset anybody."

listen to the fuckin song (lyrics)...this is the mothafucka who made this sampling shit blow-up in hip hop.....he get's a free pass

I agree, but it isn't ok if well known artists think they can copy the samples used by lesser known artists. I'm not saying RZA did this, but Timbaland certainly gets accused of it enough.

As for finding out if samples have been used. It's easier than you make it sound. I always run the name of the sample I'm taking through google and have a quick search to check no one has used it. It's not infallible, but it's a good start. And as for Mathematics, he is a Wu-Element producer, I'd like to think they could manage not to use the same samples as each other.

In the end though I don't mind. If half the album was like it then it's a problem, but otherwise it's all good.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-10-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

I really really really want the first pic to be the cover it just so dope

and that joint is so dope no matter how many have sample it RZA just made it sound like is a whole new track

you just got to love RZA verse he kill it with the style its perfect im getting hype for these now
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life