0 0%
  • mediocre

0 0%
  • poor

0 0%
  • wack

0 0%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - No Said Date(4 years later, how do you like it now?)

WU-TANG FOREVER STARKS_WALLABEES's Avatar

Default Masta Killa - No Said Date(4 years later, how do you like it now?)

MASTA KILLA - NO SAID DATE ( 2 CD ) 2004 NATURE SOUNDS / LITTLE SHOES MUSIC .

CD ONE : NO SAID DATE CD .

Track 1 : Born Chamber - Pretty dope relevant intro in regard to the current state of the clan !!
    Track 2 : Grab the Mic - Nice chilled out joint to set things off 4/5
    Track 3 : No Said Date - Ill flow by M.K but no offence imo not really feeling the RZA beat that much so demotes song from 4/5 to 3/5
    Track 4 : Last Drink - Solid track with nice beat courtesy of Math and nice flow by M.K 4/5
    Track 5 : Love Spell - Probably a nice song if your into this thing but not to my own personal taste ; one of only tracks i skip so a personal 2/5
    Track 6 : The Future / Interlude - Next generation Wu !! PEACE
    Track 7 : D.T.D - Nice party song , nice contributions from Ghost and Rae , imo one of dopest tracks on album 5/5
    Track 8 : Whatever - Another solid Allah Mathematics joint , nice verses from Street and Prodigal Sunn 4/5
    Track 9 : Secret Rivals - Average song but fucking dope verse from Killah Priest and Meth drops an okay verse 3/5
    Track 10 : Skitt - Nice 36 Chamberish Kung Fu skit , takin' it back ya heard!!
    Track 11 : Digi Warfare - Unfortunately not feeling this Choco beat at all and one of the other tracks i occasionally skip 2/5
    Track 12 : Old Man - Yeah ODB - R.I.P - and RZA rock this shit , fucking insane RZA beat , nuff said 5/5
    Track 13 : Queen - The only other track thats not exactly to my personal liking but still listenable due to M.K's flow so 3/5
    Track 14 : School - Dope intro on this song and nice beat switch up from RZA for his verse and both him and M.K proceed to drop some knowledge about the school systems many shortcomings , also has a segment with Tu Pac big upping the Wu at end of track - 4/5
    Track 15 : Silverbacks - My personal favourite on this album , lovely True Master beat with dope verses from Deck and GZA 5/5
    Track 16 : Masta Killa - Nice way to close up the album , heavily oriental beat and solid verses from M.K 4/5

CD TWO : BONUS DVD

Features interviews , performances , behind the scenes footage and over 20 minutes of live CD quality audio from Masta Killa .

Default Re: Masta Killa - No Said Date

Dope album for sure.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

man i dont really like this cd IMO most of the tracks by himself are wack....he needs better beats....disc 2 was borin......everybody put up your w's...nobody was........ im might be the only nigga who thinks this cd better.....
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

this album is sick, dope beats and rhymes all the way

Veteran Member

best wu album after 2000

Wolf in sheep clothes

Really good cd but it's a little bit like LOTLS, Beneath the surface because there are many dope tracks, but put in together, they not form a really good combination, so i don't like listen to those albums in entire like i do for Liquid swords, ironman, or OBFCL...

When I first listened to it I was shit ! we got a jewel here ! but now, months after, Im pretty bored of that album . Actually when I like an album the first time I listen to it that's not a good sign ...
    F.L.I.N.T.

ill ass album from masta he should be makin another one
    peace

personal classic
    Christianity = White Supremacy

PRODIGAL SUN

wow dude gave love spell the worst rating ?? shit is the best song on there imo..ghosts part on dtd is the best on the whole album imo - that last track is flames too also silverbacks and track 8

i agree with u on every track except Queen. i thought that song was a banger.

Veteran Member

i would of given secret rivals 5 meth kills it and i think outshines killah priest and masta killah.Also queen and school should have got 5

I think that first Masta's solo is classical wu banga! Dope beats sound "back to the times of 36 chambers" and mastas flow isnt bad like many hip-hop fans think. Lyrics make me think from time to time. So album has gone right at all

Formerly Arsehole

The beats were solid, but to be honest, Masta Killa can be boring as a rapper. There were a few tracks where he was alright, but most of it seemed average. Still a nice album, 7.5/10, best tracks to me are Queen, Digi Warfare and Masta Killa.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

grab the mic - 4.5/5... despite having a reused verse...
    no said date - 3.5/5... nice, but doesn't have the impact of other songs...
    last drink - 4/5... beat reminds me of heaterz for some reason... don't know why...
    love spell - 3/5... seems a bit out of place
    dtd - 3/5... sounds more like a pretty tony track...
    whatever - 4/5... great beat, great verses...
    secret rivals - 4/5... would have been higher if not for priest saying 'i'm like this, i'm like that'... has been hanging out with canibus too much...
    digi warfare - 3.5/5... good but is missing something to make it great...
    old man - 3.5/5... repetitive beat... good idea to incorporate the famous quote from the show though...
    queen - 4/5... love the beat...
    school - 4/5... nice change up...
    silver backs 5/5... one of the best tracks i've heard in a long while...
    masta killah - 5/5... ditto silverbacks