0 0%
  • mediocre

0 0%
  • poor

0 0%
  • wack

0 0%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - No Said Date(4 years later, how do you like it now?)

I been listening to this heavily the latest days and I gotta say I have underrated this album before. Shit is fucking crazy, the only track I don't like is "Digi Warfare" which doesn't fit in at all - Choco, stick to engineering please!! Masta really captured the old Wu-Tang sound on this one, some songs sound like they could be remasterd unreleased tracks from 95 (mainly No Said Date, Secret Rivals and School).

Grab The Mic [7.5/10]
    No Said Date [10/10]
    Last Drink [7.5/10]
    Love Spell [9/10]
    D.T.D. [9/10]
    Whatever [9/10]
    Secret Rivals [9/10]
    Digi Warfare [5/10]
    Old Man [8/10]
    Queen [9/10]
    School [10/10]
    Silverbacks [10/10]
    Masta Killa [9/10]

Overall: 8.5/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

But The Stove Was Off... 6² Chambaz's Avatar

Every song apart masta killa is 8+

armynavyairforcemarines Sgt Holly Wood's Avatar

shit is def a banger!!

8.5/10 album for me

for me it's on the same level as the first round of solo albums and supreme clientele.
    not one track i dont like

Born Chamber (Intro) - 9/10 - Very Relevant intro about the current state of the clan
    Grab the Mic - 8/10 - Nice intro, slow beat for MK's flow to warm you up to the album
    No Said Date - 10/10 - Dope Beat, Killa rhyming the fastest he ever has i reckon, dope lyrics
    Last Drink - 8/10 - Nice track, reminds me of Cypress Hills Whats Ya Number but slower
    Love Spell - 8/10 - Fits in nicely with the previous tracks theme, Beat & Lyrics are tight
    The Future (Skit) - 6/10 - The future kids of the clan, rhyming about poisonous praying mantis over a dope beat
    D.T.D - 10/10 - Classic party track, Ghost absolutley kills the track
    Whatever - 10/10 - Wu-Banga, Street & Prodigal Sunn compliment MK on this track
    Secret Rivals - 7/10 - Killa & Priest are solid, but Meth left alot to be desired hes so much better than that
    Digi Warfare - 9/10 - first heard this on Saints Row, originally thought RZA produced it but its nice and creative, good change of formula
    Old Man - 9/10 - I Want 2 Beef Patties, Special Sauce, Cheese, Tomato, Onion, Lettuce on a Seasmie Seed Bun Ya Big Dummy.. Nuff Said
    Queen - 8/10 - Similar to Last Drink & Love Spell, slowed down beat but is dope regardless
    School - 10/10 - Absolute classic track, RZAs verse is dope with MK dropping 2 gems
    Silver Backs - 10/10 - Deck & GZA compliment MK, wicked beat and lyrics
    Masta Killa - 10/10 - Best Track on the Album, i still dont get the Eminem reference but it was cool anyway, lol

Overall - 9.5/10

In my opinion, 3rd best solo album behind Liquid Swords (1st) & Ironman (2nd)

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Damn, this album is real classic shyt.... I like it much! There r few classic jewels on it, and they r: No Said Date, Masta Killa, Silverbacks, School, Old Man, Whatever, D.T.D., Secret Rivals! That's should be it! it is lot of quality bangers for one album! I'm bangin these track almost everyday! I think Masta really captured that famous Wu-Sound, and I really like this album cuz that! But, cuz few tracks I don't like, like Last Drink (which i think is wack, really too smooth for my taste), I will vote for superior!

9/10 album.......... Really ill.....

Peace...............
    -suuuuuuuu///

I really think "Digi Warfare" is the only real fuck-up of the album, breaks the vintage Wu sound of the rest of the album which is a shame. since it's only 45 minutes long there shouldn't be a single wack track, still it's a really good album.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

best Wu album Post-Supreme Clientele

But The Stove Was Off... 6² Chambaz's Avatar

the only skippables are love spell and Masta killa

^^ wow you're buggin', love spell is fucking nice and so is Masta Killa. for me the skippables would be Digi Warfare, The Future and maybe Last Drink... I rarely use the skip-button when I listen to an album though, it has to be some real horrible shit then.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ wow you're buggin', love spell is fucking nice and so is Masta Killa. for me the skippables would be Digi Warfare, The Future and maybe Last Drink... I rarely use the skip-button when I listen to an album though, it has to be some real horrible shit then.
    Well, I kind love to hear Digi Warfare from time to time! There is somethin in that track that I like!

But for those 2 I must co-sign! Only tracks that I skip at that album r Last Drink (I do not feel that track at all) & The Future is weak too! Love Spell is also nothing special, but it is far from wack track. I think those 3 tracks r the only that I wouldn't rate as bangers.....

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    best Wu album Post-Supreme Clientele
    Hahaha, and they say Digi Snax is the best.....

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6x6 Chambaz View Post
    the only skippables are love spell and Masta killa
    are you kidding me?!

Masta Killa is amazing..

werd... Masta Killa is the best track on the album, perfect way to finish a classic album

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistarr View Post
    werd... Masta Killa is the best track on the album, perfect way to finish a classic album
    Yo man, Masta Killa is very good track, and as u say, perfect to finish classic album, but it just isn't the best track on album! There r plenty better like Silverbacks, No Said Date, School.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistarr View Post
    Yo man, Masta Killa is very good track, and as u say, perfect to finish classic album, but it just isn't the best track on album! There r plenty better like Silverbacks, No Said Date, School.......

Peace.............
    -suuuuuuuu///