Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever been to a Killarmy or Sunz of Man concert?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default Anybody ever been to a Killarmy or Sunz of Man concert?

If so how was it?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I have always wondered this myself. I wish I could have been to one.

me to ..... i know this girl who has crazy stories about meeting killarmy on tour and becoming like a travelling groupie with them for the rest of their tour. obviously they ran train on that...but anyway killarmy (all those who ain't locked up) and sunz of man should do a double feature tour togehter (never gonna happen.) i would pay DOUGH to see that right there. who fuckin cares about wu-tang singin' karaoke-ass 93-98 bangerz that are better off played loud in my truck wit some sour dies...

i said too much. but any of you have that dvd "a day in the life of killarmy"? it has some live footage, but it's piss poor quality. i'm afraid that's the only glimpse many of us will get.....

but y'all should check it for the raw ass footage of park hill dudes rhymin' on a park bench. there's one dude who murders it...looks like rae da ruckus but cant be sure.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I'm still looking for that Dvd.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

i have never gotten to see killarmy or sunz of man, i did just see b9 the other week at a rza show, and did two track from killarmy which was dope, he did the push and the shootout i think....bu yeah they all should def reunite...

Nah I never seen them in concert ......... I mean did they ever do shows together (Sunz of Man)????? Oh well those days are over.
    JusticEquality™

BEHIND SECTION 9 CATHEDRAL'S STAINED GLASS

yeah Hollow-
    i saw the army open up for the wu at house of blues in chicago, aug 2 2000-

they were stellar-

their dj would end each joint they did with either MAD loud breaking glass or MAD loud
    machine gun fire-

a couple times the dj messed up and they stopped the show to make him come up front and do push-ups

shogun threw me a bottle of water, i waz 3rd row center-

islord waz wasted off henny, didnt even know what city he waz in, he said "yo,
    whats up Cleveland?"
    every1 waz laughin about it-

oh, and they said we got a new joint for you, peep this:
    and then the beat for "Feel it" came on,
    i almost cried tearz of joy the first time i heard that beat-

For real? I was at that same show!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    JusticEquality™

Many times and even met my boyfriend at the House of Blues in Orlando in 2001. My fave show tho' was sometime after that in NYC, because all I can remember is sitting on his lap whispering in his ear and someone handed him a mic and he started rhyming from there and thats how the show started.

You Sin's Girl Right?! Will There Ever Be Another Killarmy Album!?
    U Know That Question Was Coming Sooner Or Later!
    But Much Love And Peace!
    JusticEquality™

I saw Killarmy Open for Wu at The Tabernacle in Atlanta in either 2000 or 2001. Apparently it was when Islord just came home. Anyways, the only thing I really remember about that show was Meth and Dirty not showing up (My Ex Girlfriend was pissed there was no Meth, lol) and Islord bent out of is mind and the crowd starting to boo him off the stage because he just wouldn't left the stage. He was just drunk continously talking and just wouldn't shut up. I think I Sin or Dom P. ended up damn there draggin' the nigga off stage cause he honestly just killed the whole vibe of their show. But to be honest, as far as their actually "show" I really don't remember which is not saying very much for this show, even though I was bent myself.

Wink

I saw Killarmy in June 2001 @ the House of Blues Orlando, FL. they were on Tour wit Rza & the Black Knights. Rza was touring 2 promo his Digi Bullent album before it came out and killarmy promo their Fear Love War album which ended up drop 9-11-2001.

Black Knights opened they where ok still new @ rap'n & performing. they did tracks off the Swarm, Ghostdog, Bobbyin Stereo Albums thats all they pretty much had back then.

Killarmy killed it. I been a fan since 96 when they had the single "wake up". they performed alot off "fear love & war" but the album wasn't released yet so it was all new, but it sounded TIGHT. them niggaz came out all in army camy wear. 1 of them had a machete blade & granades. str8 rushing the stage.

it was funny cuz when killarmy was performing the black knights were in the back of the crowd wit black hoodies on just watching learning how 2 perform live.

then 4 the main event RZA str8 solo. he even had his mic on a stand like a rock star. he was mad drunk wit a bottle on stage taking sips. asking if people getting fucked up, he was getting fucked up 2. then out of no where a bag of weed went flying on to the stage. RZA was like thats love florida got love 4 me and told some nigga on stage 2 roll it up. later he paused between songs and lit that blunt up. lol.

i hope RZA tours again 4 his new album this summer.....

and i've said this already. the WU needs 2 do like a Rock the Bells but just WU-Family, Killarmy, Sunz of Man, Gravediggaz, Black knights, Brooklyn Zu, Just all WU-Fest. 9-10 hours of Wu str8 kill'n ya

Quote Originally Posted by Deity Allah View Post
    I saw Killarmy Open for Wu at The Tabernacle in Atlanta in either 2000 or 2001. Apparently it was when Islord just came home. Anyways, the only thing I really remember about that show was Meth and Dirty not showing up (My Ex Girlfriend was pissed there was no Meth, lol) and Islord bent out of is mind and the crowd starting to boo him off the stage because he just wouldn't left the stage. He was just drunk continously talking and just wouldn't shut up. I think I Sin or Dom P. ended up damn there draggin' the nigga off stage cause he honestly just killed the whole vibe of their show. But to be honest, as far as their actually "show" I really don't remember which is not saying very much for this show, even though I was bent myself.
    I was at this show. I remember the booing and when it went dark, I think an ATLien threw a bottle on stage and I thought Killarmy was bout to fight someone. WOW! I was just talking about this show to some friends this morning!

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

^ crazy shit

a Sunz of man show would be cazy as fuck
    We do it for the people.

seen B9 and Shogun along other Killa Beez in Sopot/Poland in 2006 - they ripped it to shreds. B9 was on some MEF shit tryna stand on the hands of fans, including mines, cause i was front row. Caught Cilva's towel. Shogun is a cool dude - talked to him a little after the show. He was joking around that he'll tryna steal my "SWFQW" cover, that I had with me for autographs

PEACE
    Last edited by Kutman; 01-13-2009 at 01:00 PM.