Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: movie news....your thoughts

Default movie news....your thoughts

Transporter 3

Jason Statham is ready to return as ex-Special Forces member turned courier Frank Martin in TRANSPORTER 3. This time, there is a new helmer to the series in the form of Olivier Megaton, who worked as second unit director of the recent live action adaptation of the video game HITMAN.

Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen have written the script, yet there are no plot details. What is confirmed is that Robert Knepper (PRISON BREAK) has joined the cast as has the returning Francois Berleand, who will reprise his role of Detective Tarconi. As with the previous installments, Hong Kong legend Corey Yuen will serve as the film’s martial arts choreographer.
    The original TRANSPORTER was released in late 2002 with a gross of $25 million at the US Box Office. The sequel, TRANSPORTER 2, was released in 2005 with a gross of $43 million at the US Box Office.
    Shooting is scheduled for four months in France and Russia for a 2009 release date.

Another 300

The word is out that 300 producer Mark Canton has expressed strong interest in re-teaming with director Zack Snyder for a sequel to the violent sword and sandal pic.

Canton’s $65 million film was a big commercial success for Warner Bros. It earned over $200 million at the U.S. box office alone. Thus, it’s no surprise that talk of a sequel is surfacing even though no place was left for the principle cast to return.
    The original film was a gutsy and faithful screen adaptation of Frank Miller’s graphic novel which painted a highly stylized depiction of the famed Battle of Thermopylae, a week-long, pitched melee with 300 Spartan warriors defending a narrow pass against the advance of the entire Persian army.
    Miller never inked a sequel to his graphic novel, although it’s likely he would be approached to assist in the creation of a sequel to the movie adaptation. After all, it was Miller’s vision that had a big hand in generating the unique look of 300. Meanwhile, Frank Miller is busy working with Robert Rodriguez on two sequels to SIN CITY, both set for release next year.

new movie news

another friday the 13th?

if you wanted to instill some confidence in a horror fanbase doubting a Michael Bay produced FRIDAY THE 13th remake can be worthwhile, I don't think casting a former WB network star is the right movie. But alas New Line has cast Jared Padalecki, former "Supernatural" star, as the lead in FRIDAY THE 13th. He would star as an investigator who returns to Crystal Lake to find out exactly what happened. Um, a hockey mask wearing maniac has been killing people? Is this really a secret? I mean the guy made it all the way to New York, it's not like he was trying to keep his machete-hackings on the down low... Marcus Nispel, who remade another classic horror film for Bay in THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, will direct from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift. Padalecki has experience remaking horror films as well - he starred in the Warner Bros. remake of HOUSE OF WAX. New Line, who is co-producing with Paramount, has the film already set for a Friday the 13th release on February 13, 2009. So this will also make a nice Valentine's Date for you and your honey. Padalecki can be seen next in the Lionsgate drama HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

another terminator flick

One way or another, we're getting a new TERMINATOR movie with Christian Bale as John Connor, Anton Yelchin as a young Kyle Reese, and in-demand Aussie actor Sam Worthington as a guy named Marcus (who reportedly may or may not be a cyborg). And it's being directed by McG, which seems to be a bone of contention among fans of futuristic mayhem.
    IGN caught up with the director and got a few words on the flick, and McG broke down what -- or when -- we'll see: "Naturally, the first three pictures were contemporary with Terminators coming back from the future and this picture does indeed take place 10 years from now. That's the new beginning. It's reminiscent and very much honors the mythology and I've listened very diligently to James Cameron and for that matter Jonathan Mostow, and we're going to respect that mythology, but begin again very much in the spirit of what [Christopher] Nolan did with Batman." Hmm, a bold proclamation, no?
    The big-budget project also shares a producer with the TV series TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, which will keep the timeline straight although the movie will NOT share any elements from the show. I started digging the series more as the season progressed, so I'm hoping it returns, particularly given the general lack of watchable genre/sci-fi material on the tube.
    In addition, FX guy Jeff Dawn said that although he worked on T3, he'll be busy with the next flick from that entry's director Jonathan Mostow, but fear not -- Stan Winston will apparently be back to continue bringing the man-killing metal bastards to cinematic life.

meet snake eyes....from the new g.i joe movie comming soon

The first shot of masked military ninja Snake Eyes from the upcoming G.I. JOE movie has stealthily surfaced online, and it seems to do justice to the character (although I'm not sure how difficult it would be to craft that costume). I can only assume that's Ray Park in the black bodysock, since he'll reportedly be playing the purely physical Joe. Stephen *******' live-action version of the classic toy line, comic series and cartoon also features Channing Tatum, Dennis Quaid, Rachel Nichols, Sienna Miller, and an international (if not exactly A-list) cast.

a-team flick gets a date

Wondering when you can start camping out in front of your local theater with your Mr. T lunchbox? Wait no longer - a date for the big-screen A-TEAM movie has been announced. Fox has set June 12, 2009 as the date for A-TEAM, which is based on the cereal that was based on the cartoon that was based on the popular 80s TV show. John Singleton will direct the film with a script by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas (WANTED). Exact plot details haven't been announced but I have it on good authority that the film will follow a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. And supposedly, if you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them (that's if, cause they're crafty motherf*ckers), maybe you can hire... The A-Team. Casting for THE A-TEAM also hasn't been announced but coming off his successful turn in TROPIC THUNDER, how about Robert Downey, Jr. as B.A. Baracus? Just a thought..

depp as dillinger

There aren’t many Johnny Depp fans on this site, or in the world for that matter, but John Dillinger is an entirely different story. Just look at the band Dillinger Escape Plan. They’re not called the Depp Escape Plan, right? It doesn’t matter though, because Johnny Depp is actually playing Dillinger in the new Michael Mann film PUBLIC ENEMIES, so expect Depp to reach unparalleled levels of popularity with this role. Below is our first look at Johnny as John. Depp is smiling in the photo, and I’m not sure if it’s during a take or not, but there is something very depression-era gangster about it. It’s reminiscent of Al Capone, actually. Christian Bale costars as FBI agent Melvin Pelvis, and in a real score for producers, a pre-Oscar winning Marion Cotillard was cast Dillinger’s girlfriend, with the enviable name of Billie Frechette. Channing Tatum, Giovanni Ribisi, and Stephen Dorff all have supporting roles. The film will be out next year.

Last edited by 100pr00f; 03-21-2008 at 07:40 AM.

Another jackie chan & jet li flick

Many fans are anticipating the April release of THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM, the first ever collaboration between international action superstars Jackie Chan and Jet Li. The film has not been out yet, but at the Hong Kong International Film Mart on March 18, both Jackie Chan and Jet Li confirmed that they are in fact, planning a second film together.

According to both Chan and Li, the duo met 15 years ago at the Golden Harvest studios. In that prolific meeting, they came up with the idea of a film that star the two action icons. The plot of this movie has changed, but the storyline remains intact. As with THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM, both Chan and Li will face off against each other again, but hopes with the new film to kick it up a notch. Li also wants Jaycee Chan, Jackie Chan’s son, to co-star in this planned film.
    Chan recently wrapped principle photography on THE SHINJUKU INCIDENT, a dramatic film from director Derek Yee Tung-Shing (PROTEGE), while Li has opted to take 2008 off to concentrate on his charity work. Li will hit screens again this summer as the villain in THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR.
    THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM will be released in U.S. theaters on April 18, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    a-team flick gets a date

Wondering when you can start camping out in front of your local theater with your Mr. T lunchbox? Wait no longer - a date for the big-screen A-TEAM movie has been announced. Fox has set June 12, 2009 as the date for A-TEAM, which is based on the cereal that was based on the cartoon that was based on the popular 80s TV show. John Singleton will direct the film with a script by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas (WANTED). Exact plot details haven't been announced but I have it on good authority that the film will follow a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. And supposedly, if you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them (that's if, cause they're crafty motherf*ckers), maybe you can hire... The A-Team. Casting for THE A-TEAM also hasn't been announced but coming off his successful turn in TROPIC THUNDER, how about Robert Downey, Jr. as B.A. Baracus? Just a thought..
    woody harrelson's been cast as murdock & ice cube's been cast as b.a. baracus...lol

PRODIGAL SUN

Many fans are anticipating the April release of THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM, the first ever collaboration between international action superstars Jackie Chan and Jet Li. The film has not been out yet, but at the Hong Kong International Film Mart on March 18, both Jackie Chan and Jet Li confirmed that they are in fact, planning a second film together.

According to both Chan and Li, the duo met 15 years ago at the Golden Harvest studios. In that prolific meeting, they came up with the idea of a film that star the two action icons. The plot of this movie has changed, but the storyline remains intact. As with THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM, both Chan and Li will face off against each other again, but hopes with the new film to kick it up a notch. Li also wants Jaycee Chan, Jackie Chan’s son, to co-star in this planned film.
    Chan recently wrapped principle photography on THE SHINJUKU INCIDENT, a dramatic film from director Derek Yee Tung-Shing (PROTEGE), while Li has opted to take 2008 off to concentrate on his charity work. Li will hit screens again this summer as the villain in THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR.
    throw yune biao, and sammo hung in there. donnie yen too. go all out wit out just wild out
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

The HighMindedLowLife SilvaFistz's Avatar

this i'm looking forward to. chan and li facing against each other is any kung fu movie buff's dream

i think it would be dope if they did throw in sammo and biao...but then it would be a comedy action...and jet li in a comedy would be ....wierd

New News:

another day of the dead?...poster

I’m assuming that because this remake of DAY OF THE DEAD is full of straight-to-dvd actors (who, mind you, once had legitimate theatrical careers), that this too will be headed straight to DVD. But maybe not—zombie movies are cheap enough to produce that they require very little return to turn a profit. This isn’t POSEIDON or anything. I’m not even sure why I’m writing about this poster. Movies like these shouldn’t be made and I shouldn’t be giving them credibility by writing about them. Apologies.
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 03-25-2008 at 07:20 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

i've seen that day of the dead trailer on youtube like a year ago. the jet li and jackie second picture though is the best news ive heard so far.

i dont think this is the one were they are running around with a cam

never mind i think it might be

it comes out next month
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 03-25-2008 at 08:13 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

yeah i know. this one has ving rhames in it.

i dont think this is the one were they are running around with a cam

never mind i think it might be

it comes out next month
    thats Diary, which came out like two months ago...

Day of The Dead is a remake of the original...obviously...

ur right...i knew i knew i was right...so meny of them ..it gets confusing

Another saw?....a lil news on it

Julie Benz, the chick from RAMBO is set to star in SAW V. God, they are just churning these bad boys out, huh? Nothing is known about the plot yet, but something - let's call it my detective's instinct - tells me that there will be a game, someone's life will be on the line, a bunch of gruesome deaths, and then a twist ending. Franchise main-stay Tobin Bell is reportedly back, as is Scott Patterson.

another will ferrel flick

..damn he id making 2 flicks back to back this one called land before time....

It’s a relief to see Will Ferrell in a non-sports spoof role, especially after just about review I read on SEMI-PRO called the formula tired and used. Had it come before any other Ferrell sports comedies, it might have been praised. So these first pictures of Will Ferrell in the adventure fantasy LAND OF THE LOST bring me some reprieve. It’s nice to see Will do normal again. Because Will can do normal, especially normal caught in the extraordinary. Remember STRANGER THAN FICTION? Directed by Brad Silberling (A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS), the film follows Ferrell who plays a disgrace paleontologist who is banished to work in the La Brea Tar Pits until a young scientist (Anna Friel) convinces him to go on an expedition that will lead them to a land filled with dinosaurs and monkey people

crank 2????????

However improbable it may seem, full-motion hitman Chev Chelios is returning for another stupendously trippy kill-spree through Los Angeles, courtesy of Jason Statham and filmmakers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor.
    Want to know more? Well, if the headline and source didn't tip you off, professor, there are potential SPOILERS for CRANK: HIGH VOLTAGE that follow.
    According to some casting call sheets making the rounds, here's the synopsis: "In spite of having fallen a mile from a helicopter at the end of CRANK, Chev Chelios faces a Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered ticker that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working."
    Amy Smart will also be back for perhaps more public buggery, and the production is also on the lookout for humans to fill (among other roles) a young Chev, a century-old Triad leader, and a horny stripper

more g.i. joe news

A bunch of GI JOE nuggets have popped up over at Access Hollywood. First up, director Stephen ******* (VAN HELSING) on Snake Eyes: "He's the world's greatest ninja, but he's also next-generation. He's not afraid to use a sword one second, and a split-second later he's pulling out his Glock." Of course, we all saw THOSE pictures and splooged ourselves. If *******' films deliver one thing, it's visuals.

Next up, Sienna Miller: "[The film] requires a lot of physical training... I have a black wig, guns, and leather… it's all very fantastic!" Black wig? Thankfully, I'd like to think that means the pictures we were sent EARLIER were not her in character then. Or maybe she's in disguise? She did that didn't she? Like she would wear a wig and then magically look like a completely different person? Isn't that how Cobra got the BET in the animated movie?

What worries me about the thing, though, is this: "The film is reportedly an origins story. It could explain why Destro has a chromed head and why Snake Eyes doesn't speak, among other outlandish details of "G.I. Joe" that the cartoon never explained. "For people who know nothing about it, it'll make sense... And to people who love this stuff, it'll show where they all came from."

Am I alone in thinking that I don't want Skip Woods and Stuart Beattie to try and explain decades of GI JOE mythology?

i like this thread btw 100...you should work together with Tauro..