Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: movie news....your thoughts

new....

Another Natinal Treasure...a 3rd????

Josh over at CinemaBlend caught up with NATIONAL TREASURE director John Turtletaub, who let slip his intentions to make a third film in the series that box office analysts predict has thus far made in the realm of a bazillion trillion dollars. When asked about it, he said: “I'm guessing that we're a few years away. By the time we come up with a decent idea and develop it into a complicated and intelligent puzzle it's going to be at least 2009. Then to prep it and cast it... it should be three years away.” When asked for a comment, Nic Cage said "Cha-ching, mother-f*ckers!!", and then set a hundred dollar bill on fire just to watch it burn.

Of course this all comes down to money (which is not always a bad thing). And you can probably take that answer and apply it to why Nicolas Cage will definitely be back. Believe me, if he will do THIS, or THIS, or THIS for money, then you can bet your ass he will do an action movie where he gets paid to globe-trot and mack on Diane Kruger. NATIONAL TREASURE: BOOK OF SECRETS also co-stars Justin Bartha, Jon Voight, Helen Mirren and Ed Harris.

Up comming flicks for next month

not my ratings...they are the ave...from fans

April 04, 2008
    The Ruins7.9 / 10
    Leatherheads7.7 / 10
    Shine A Light7.5 / 10
    Nim's Island8 / 10

April 11, 2008
    Prom Night6.8 / 10
    Kings8.3 / 10
    Smart People8.8 / 10
    The Foot Fist Way*8 / 10

April 18, 2008
    Forgetting Sarah...9.2 / 10
    88 Minutes7.9 / 10
    Where In The World...8.5 / 10
    Forbidden Kingdom8.5 / 10

April 25, 2008
    Baby Mama8.2 / 10
    Deception9.4 / 10
    Harold and Kumar...8.7 / 10

Tekken movie casting done>>>.

TEKKEN, the long-awaited live-action adaptation of the Namco video game series completes principal photography in Shreveport, Louisiana at the end of this month. Under the direction of Dwight H. Little (RAPID FIRE), a cast of actors and martial arts experts are headlining the action film, which is due for release in early 2009.

Casting confirmations include Kelly Overton as Christie, Luke Goss (HELLBOY 2) as Steve Fox, Gary Daniels (CITY HUNTER) as Bryan Fury, Candice Hillebrand (RESIDENT EVIL: APOCALYPSE) as Nina Williams, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (MORTAL KOMBAT) as Mishima, Darrin Henson (STOMP THE YARD) as Raven, Ian Anthony Dale as Kazuya, Cung Le (BLIZNIY BOY) as Marshall Law, Marian Zapico as Anna Williams, and UFC contender Roger “Matador” Huerta plays Miguel Rojas.
    Fiancier and producing entity Crystal Sky Pictures will be introducing stunt actor Jon Foo as Jin Kazama. Jon notably portrayed the sword-wielding wushu fighter against Tony Jaa in THE PROTECTOR.
    French martial arts wunderkind Cyril Raffaelli (LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD) has served as action choreographer.
    The screenplay was written by Alan McElroy.

the new jason voorhees is.....

have a feeling I'll have a lot of critical words for the Michael Bay produced remake of [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]FRIDAY [COLOR=green! important]THE [/COLOR][COLOR=green! important]13TH[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] but at least they've gotten one thing right (and it's a big thing). It seems they've found their Jason Voorhees and he's the actor you see to your right, Derek Mears. He's a stuntman/actor who's been in THE HILLS HAVE EYES 2, MEN IN BLACK 2 and ZATHURA. Now a number of sites (I can't keep track of who broke the news first but both Bloody-Disgusting and AICN are calling "exclusive"), are reporting that Mears will don a hockey mask for FRIDAY. I'm guessing at some point in the movie we'll see under the mask but I don't know that for a fact. Mears would join the already cast Jared Padalecki who will play an investigator checking out exactly what happened at Camp Crystal Lake when all those teenagers suffered from fatal machete wounds. Marcus Nispel ([COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]TEXAS [COLOR=green! important]CHAINSAW [/COLOR][COLOR=green! important]MASSACRE[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] remake) will direct the film for Bay and New Line. Filming is set to begin in late-April with a Valentine's Day 2009 (??) release planned.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Crank 2, Saw 5, 300 2, A-Team, Friday 13th Part.73, National Treasure 3, Day Of The Dead, Transporter 3......

And to think people said Hollywood had run out of inspiration!

Good work on the news though Proof.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-31-2008 at 09:23 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

haha yea looks as if all the news lately are remakes and sequels

thats too bad, some great original films are waiting to be made. Michael Clayton was my favorite Original film of last year.

It not even so much that sequels are a bad thing, as that they're making sequels for films that don't need one. In what possible way could the world need another Saw or a Crank 2?

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    thats too bad, some great original films are waiting to be made. Michael Clayton was my favorite Original film of last year.
    Grindhouse was mine, minus Planet Terror..lol

^^ You didn't like Planet Terror?!?!

I loved both parts of Grindhouse (had to see them seperately in the uk), but my favourite is definately Planet Terror.

im sorry, i meant to say Grindhousem but grindhouse directly borrows from alot of films styles, more so than Clayton...but i did like Grindhouse better anyway.

i liked both

Zelda movie in works

The legions of fans who played countless hours of [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]ZELDA [COLOR=green! important]games[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] on various Nintendo consoles have long been waiting to see those sprites and polygons turned to flesh and blood -- so they will undoubtedly be thrilled that a "top secret" live-action movie has been in the works! IGN has an exclusive look at the trailer for the movie, which seems to have selected relative unknowns for the cast. The filmmakers have also given an appropriately "gamey" look and tone to the settings and FX.
    The story follows young elf Link who undertakes a quest to recover the shattered Triforce and rescue the titular princess from Ganon, the "King of Evil"

Machete update

Our favorite tattooed Mexican desperado Danny Trejo was at Indiana's Horrorhound convention this past weekend, and JoBlo reader 'Ronald S.' asked the blade-wielding badass about the proposed MACHETE flick. The response: "He said that they were going to start up again in April and that everyone should harass Robert Rodriguez and Troublemaker Studios to get it done faster." The creepozoids over at Bloody Disgusting also grabbed some [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]chat[/COLOR][/COLOR] time with the outlaw, who told them Rodriguez was directing as well as producing, and that Dimension was eyeballing the probable direct-to-DVD property as a trilogy. That seems questionable, considering they couldn't get audiences to see one GRINDHOUSE (okay, sort of two), but considering the profit margin of home vid and Rodriguez's proclivity for slender budgets, anything is possible.
    MACHETE was, of course, Robert Rodriguez's faux-trailer submission and one of the more popular pieces of the GRINDHOUSE experience. In case you missed it, here's the mock-up poster, which should also tell you everything you need to know about the movie.

Rodriguez will always make a profit through dvd sales, because the sort of people that like his films go out and buy the dvd.

Looking forward to this, but I'm not sure how they'd make a trilogy out of it though.

Bill and Ted ..remake?

For quite a while, Keanu Reeves expressed interest in reuniting with his time-tripping accomplice Alex Winter to catch up with the Wyld Stallyns some two decades after their last bogus journey. Alas, strange things are afoot. Instead of a third BILL & TED'S mondo expedition, it sounds like all we'll get is a refried variation of the first flick with new young actors portraying the inadvertently heroic California doofuses.
    According to Moviehole, the restart will again revolve around a pair of dim high schoolers who use a "funky" new phone to jaunt back in time and learn about the famous folks (such as Gandhi and Calamity Jane) they skipped in class. And their band is now called... Atomic Gorillas. Heinous.
    The assumption is that this updated version from MGM will slide right into DVD players (along with quite a few other remakes and sequels of their catalog), although that may depend on the quality of cast it attracts. Whoa?

McConaughey P.I.?

Is Matthew McConaughey willing to grow out some lip fur and spend his time hanging on Hawaii beaches or cruising around in a red Ferrari?
    It's possible -- according to EW, the amiable charmer has been "offered" the title role for the MAGNUM P.I. feature. Universal's flick is, of course, based on the hit 80s TV series that starred the infamously mustached Tom Selleck as a former Navy SEAL turned Oahu-based crime solver. Writer-director Rawson Marshall Thurber (DODGEBALL) is handling the remake.
    Of course, bear in mind that an offer doesn't necessarily mean it will happen (remember when my beloved Jessica Biel was officially offered the part of Wonder Woman and then left me devastated?), but it doesn't come as a surprise -- McConaughey has been linked to the role for over a year, along with his SAHARA co-stars Steve Zahn and William Macy rumored for supporting roles as Rick and Higgins.
    Thanks to 'Paul F.' for pointing out Matt's mustache possibilities.
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 04-03-2008 at 07:39 AM.

Chan & Tucker again?

Jackie Chan doesn't like middle men. Especially when they prevent him from teaming up with people onscreen. "In the old days, we didn’t need a push from a middleman," he recently told MTV Movies Blog, adding "F**k those a**holes!" Only he didn't say the last part.
    Needless to say, it's these middle men that have kept him from working with fellow Asian icon Jet Li until now (in the upcoming fantasy marital arts epic THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM) and now that he's decided he wants to work with Chris Tucker in a non RUSH HOUR film, he's gonna make sure those degenerate middle men get on the ball.
    "I said yes, and after I shook [Tucker’s] hand, I said: ‘Look, we need a middleman. I don’t want to shake hands, then I go back to Hong Kong and you stay here, I get busy and you get busy. You have to have somebody in the middle to follow up, otherwise it will never happen. We’ve just agreed to do it. Now we’re looking for the writer is what he had to say about getting those middle men to shape up.
    Is this film gonna happen anytime soon? Not likely. Not if the middle men have anything to say about it.

spielberg does ghost?

DreamWorks has acquired the rights to the classic Japanese manga GHOST IN THE SHELL and will adapt the series into a 3-D live-action feature. Producer Avi Arad (formerly of Marvel Studios) was shopping the project around Hollywood where Universal and Sony were also in the chase. But Spielberg himself took a particular interest in the project and once that happened, it was all she wrote. Says Spielbergo: "GHOST IN THE SHELL is one of my favorite stories. It's a genre that has arrived, and we enthusiastically welcome it to DreamWorks." GHOST began as a manga in the late-80s and was eventually adapted into three anime films, two TV series and a number of video games. It's unclear what plot the DreamWorks movie might take considering the different variations of the franchise all followed different story and time lines. You can expect the same covert ops unit in a futuristic society. It doesn't appear that GHOST would be a project that Spielberg is interested in possibly directing. I would expect his involvement to be similar to how he worked on TRANSFORMERS. Jamie Moss, who wrote STREET KINGS, is writing the script and can expect a couple of phone calls from Spielberg.

fast & furious 4 title

This isn’t a SPEED RACER story (it would’ve been my second today and the site’s third) but there’s definitely a motif at work here. The fourth film in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS franchise (did you ever think it would come to this?) has gotten an official title and plot. I won’t even tell you what the title is. Just remove the ‘THEs’ from the original title and there it is. Simple. Pure. Whatever.</IMG>
    As you should all know by now, the fourth film re-teams the two men who are partly responsible for this franchise to begin with, Paul Walker and Vin Diesel, in a plot that according to Warner Bros. (fully responsible), goes a little something like this: "When a crime brings them back to L.A., fugitive ex-con Dom Toretto (Diesel) reignites his feud with agent Brian O'Conner (Walker). But as they are forced to confront a shared enemy, Dom and Brian must give in to an uncertain new trust if they hope to outmanuever him."
    Director Justin Lin, who did part three, is back and says he plans to retire the franchise after a fifth film. You can also check out an early script review from the boys at Latino Review HERE. FAST AND FURIOUS is out on June 5, 2009.
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 04-15-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Machete.. dope.

De mijne is 4x duurder!