Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: movie news....your thoughts

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

I don't know if this been posted yet but peep the new Mummy trailer lol.....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...dragonemperor/

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

yea ive seen it..looks dope..

Tarantino's next...

There weren't too many "scoops" coming out of the CannesFilm Festival this year, but thanks to a kick-ass French schmoe by the name of 'Mat', we have come to discover Quentin Tarantino announcing his next film as the one that we've all been waiting for over 5 years now: INGLORIOUS BASTARDS! Tarantino took part in a beach-side TV interview (what else in Cannes?) which you can check out HERE (mind you, it's in French, but you can hear him responding in English under the interpreter), but needless to say, being from Montreal, Canada, I was able to decipher what all was being said. More or less, here's how it went down. You heard it here first, kids.

Host: What are the next films that you are going to be making? We're hearingKILL BILL 3, KILL BILL 4, which one is it? Tarantino: The next movie I'm doing is my World War II movie. I just finished up the first draft and if ALL GOES WELL, I will be here, in Cannes, in 2009 with INGLORIOUS BASTARDS![/color]

spidey 4 in 2010

The folks at the IESB recently got some scoopage about SPIDER-MAN 4 from Marvel Vice Chairman Peter Cuneo. He's of the belief that considering Sony has renewed their rights to the character, they'd likely wanna move on the sequel as soon as possible with a release around 2010 or so. Here's what he had to say: "As far as Spider-man 4, it's really up to Sony and it up to them, most likely scenario is 2010 or 2011 but we can't speak for them and I think that we don't know. They have given us their re-up payment for that film so you know they're going to make it within a reasonable timeframe. Sony may be looking at some issues with the cast and so on, I think they have to make some decisions." Sony's already commissioned ZODIAC scribe James Vanderbilt to bang out a script and his idea apparently explores a two-film arc, leading to speculation that SPIDER-MAN 4 and 5 will be filmed back-to-back, but this is all contingent on whether Sony can get Sam Raimi and the original cast back on board and if not, how fast they can get replacements. Thoughts?
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 05-27-2008 at 06:59 AM.

other news

Harry Potter Actor Stabbed To Death
    Writing by Dave on Sunday, 25 May, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Eighteen year-old Rob Knox, who plays Ravenclaw student Marcus Belby in the upcoming film Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, was stabbed to death this weekend in England

WTF??? ^^^^^^

damn. I really like the Harry Potter flicks, it's a shame what happened...RIP
    Trent <3 =)

beverly hills cop 4

Please, Dear God no. I know we aren't exactly best of friends and I haven't been to church in what seems like an eternity but do I (do we) deserve this kind of punishment? Brett Ratner directing a fourth BEVERLY HILLS cop movie? Seriously? Back in 1994, I went to see a sneak preview of SPEED and afterwards they told us we could stick around and see BEVERLY HILLS COP 3 for free. And to borrow a line from whatever hacky comedian invented it, the ticket was free and I still wanted my money back. It still goes down as one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Now with KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL we've seen how hard it is to make a fourth movie. But that at least had the benefit of Steven Spielberg directing. Apparently Murphy went to Paramount pitching an idea for a fourth installment and suggested Ratner direct. No word on what shenanigans Axel Foley would find himself in this time but the mere thought of it makes my head throb. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on BEVERLY HILLS COP 4. Perhaps Ratner will blossom into a modern day James Cameron. Perhaps Eddie Murphy still has something besides NORBIT and MEET DAVE left in his arsenal. Perhaps. But I doubt it.
    Extra Tidbit: Paramount is hoping to begin filming in 2009 for a 2010 release date.

harry potter prequel

J.K. Rowling has decided to do fans yet another solid, having previously hand-written a specially made book of the "Tales of Beedle the Bard" featured in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". This time, however, she's written an 800 word outline giving us a small glimpse into our favorite boy wizard's time before Hogwarts that'll be auctioned for charity next month. Start saving up now, Potter fans, because this thing is gonna sell big. And who knows, with a little nudging, perhaps Rowling could expand this thing into a full-length novel that could maybe spawn a sequel that could maybe lead to yet another Potter series! Though that was sarcasm just now, this could seriously happen. The latest in the cinematic franchise, HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE, opens November 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    beverly hills cop 4

Please, Dear God no. I know we aren't exactly best of friends and I haven't been to church in what seems like an eternity but do I (do we) deserve this kind of punishment? Brett Ratner directing a fourth BEVERLY HILLS cop movie? Seriously? Back in 1994, I went to see a sneak preview of SPEED and afterwards they told us we could stick around and see BEVERLY HILLS COP 3 for free. And to borrow a line from whatever hacky comedian invented it, the ticket was free and I still wanted my money back. It still goes down as one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Now with KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL we've seen how hard it is to make a fourth movie. But that at least had the benefit of Steven Spielberg directing. Apparently Murphy went to Paramount pitching an idea for a fourth installment and suggested Ratner direct. No word on what shenanigans Axel Foley would find himself in this time but the mere thought of it makes my head throb. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on BEVERLY HILLS COP 4. Perhaps Ratner will blossom into a modern day James Cameron. Perhaps Eddie Murphy still has something besides NORBIT and MEET DAVE left in his arsenal. Perhaps. But I doubt it.
    Extra Tidbit: Paramount is hoping to begin filming in 2009 for a 2010 release date
    Well this franchise is now officially dead in the water since Ratner has been quoted as saying he will be aiming this movie towards 10 year olds and up so that they too would know what feeling he got watching the original flicks at that age.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Ever since news broke that snatch crazed fauteur Brett Ratner had signed on to resurrect Axel Foley for BEVERLY HILLS COP IV, fanboys the world over have been bashing their heads against the wall lamenting the raping of another beloved franchise and chastising Eddie Murphy for ever agreeing to be part of such a thing. And what The Rat recently told "MTV Movies Blog" really won't help with the fanboy outcry. When asked what the biggest challenge would be reviving Foley, he said: "10-year-old kids, 12-year-old kids don’t really know the old ‘Beverly Hills Cop.’ So it’s an opportunity to make it new for kids. The same way it felt for me watching ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ when I was a kid, that’s what I want to do for kids today." In all fairness to The Rat, he probably isn't saying that the film will be aimed at ten year-olds considering he used his own experience watching the original as an example but if he at some point says that the film will be PG-13, someone may actually kill him.

Anchorman 2

We brought you the news that Adam McKay and Will Ferrell wanted to make ANCHORMAN 2, a little while back, but that it was contingent on the rest of the cast agreeing to come back. Well today we have confirmation Steve Carell is up for it. Rejoice:

"Oh, absolutely... Yeah, in a second. I’ve heard some inklings as to what Adam McKay has in mind for a sequel, and it’s really funny." And perhaps best of all, he mentions that “Everybody’s a friend...That is one of the most fun things I ever did. I laughed until I cried, every day on that movie

sandler gets scary

Adam Sandler, not content to scare people solely through his comedies, has signed on to produce his first thriller. Titled SHORTCUT, the film will follow two brothers who believe they've found the perfect shortcut in their traffic congested town. After a few rides though, it becomes clear why they're the only ones driving on it. The film will mark the debut of a spinoff of Sandler popular Happy Madison production
    company titled Scary Madison. If you're wondering what the impetus was for Sandler to move into a new genre, it likely has something to do with the fact that the script was co-written by his older brother Scott. Nicholaus Goosen, who directed GRANDMA'S BOY for Happy Madison, will direct the thriller with Andrew Seeley, Shannon Woodward and Dave Franco starring. Filming is scheduled to begin next month. Sandler can be seen, starting today, in YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN; sure to scare the pants off of you

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    Anchorman 2

We brought you the news that Adam McKay and Will Ferrell wanted to make ANCHORMAN 2, a little while back, but that it was contingent on the rest of the cast agreeing to come back. Well today we have confirmation Steve Carell is up for it. Rejoice:

"Oh, absolutely... Yeah, in a second. I’ve heard some inklings as to what Adam McKay has in mind for a sequel, and it’s really funny." And perhaps best of all, he mentions that “Everybody’s a friend...That is one of the most fun things I ever did. I laughed until I cried, every day on that movie
    Good news, I hope this one can out do the last.

same here...mmost of all the actors who was in the first have jump in

Dicaprio in the loony bin

The Boston Hearld recently snapped some photos of Leonardo DiCaprio on the set ofSHUTTER ISLAND (which may or may not have been renamed to ASHECLIFFE), his twenty-seventh (or something around there) re-teaming with Martin Scorsese. Based on the Dennis Lehane novel, in it, DiCaprio plays a US Marshal whose investigation of a female murderer who escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane leads him to the remote titular island where all kinds of shit goes down. The all-star cast includes Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Emily Mortimer, Michelle Williams, Max von Sydow, Patricia Clarkson and Jackie Earl Haley. The film's set for release October 2nd of next year.

Bale is Robin Hood

Christian bale is quickly becoming the go-to guy for resurrecting famous characters in current sequels and/or reimaginings. First, he perfects his brood to become the new Batman, then he signs on to become the post-apocalyptic savior of mankind in Terminator SALVATION and now, Ridley Scott could be looking to him to portray Robin Hood in NOTTINGHAM, the Russell Crowe
    and Sienna Miller starring action drama in which Hood is the bad guy who robs from the rich and poor then beats the shit out of two of them then bangs their women. This could turn out to be pretty good. Bale hasn't done a good, meaty villain since American Psycho What do you guys think?

Spidey 4 gets date

Though Spider man 4 still doesn't have a director, stars or a script, producer Laura Ziskin told the LA Times that she and Sony Pictures are setting a May, 2011 release date. James Vanderbilt (ZODIAC) is currently writing the script and eventually the studio will have to begin negotiations with Sam Raimi and stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst to return. Maguire stopped short of saying he'd never do a fourth Spider man but seemed content with the way things had ended (Dunst on the other hand had one foot out the door after the first film). Personally I'd just assume move on with life and concentrate on Iron man 2 or whatever. But the SPIDER-MAN franchise brings in too much cash for Sony not to try and revive it. And it seems like they'd like to have Raimi, Maguire and Dunst back but will likely go ahead without them if they can't be convinced to return. So do YOU want to see SPIDER-MAN 4 in 2011?

School of Rock 2?

As amusing as SCHOOL OF ROCK was, I think we're all in agreement that we really don't need a sequel. Count ROCK writer Mike White in that group as well. Somewhat ironically, White just turned in a draft of a SCHOOL OF ROCK sequel to Paramount. How does that work? "I'm still, like, crying as I'm writing the script." White told attendees at a Los Angeles Film Festival panel that he was writing the script for a sequel. He described the process like a parent whose child just died - "It's a little too fresh...for me to get into right now." The key, White said, to writing a script you have no interest in writing is to ask yourself, "What is the pleasurable part of this?" I'm assuming he's talking about the boatloads of cash Paramount gave White to look at a script for a SCHOOL OF ROCK sequel (being able to pay your Mortgage is pretty pleasurable). White wouldn't (or couldn't) go into details on what exactly a SCHOOL OF ROCK 2 would be about but admitted that he at least knows more about what worked in the first film to help inform his second script. Thanks to Defamer for the quotes.