Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yea, I Think I'm Pretty much Done With Wu Concerts...

Wu Vatican

Mef dropped off the tour. Old news now, though.

I Try to soak up all the shows i can see. I'm in Maryland so they come every unce and awhile and seen them 4 times together and Ghost by himself 1 time. They might sing the same songs but it's still a different show every time. Well Worth Going To!!
    Plus you get buy the shirts and all the good stuff right there!
    BE WATER !!!!

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    I'm with Dartz. The energy is wild but if you've been to one show and seen the live DVD....that's it. Every time. Exact same songs, most of which are only one or two verses ending abrubtly with the "shattering glass" DJ hit. Compare to say...The Roots, who have toured almost nonstop for like 15 years and manage to switch up the whole show every fuckin time.

Totally agree 100%~!
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

Quote Originally Posted by King Tron 1 View Post
    El Paso, TX. But I didn't mean the other reply as sarcastic, I'm just sayin that they rarely come here, and it's the 5th biggest city in Texas.
    Yeah but man, you know you're not really in driving distance of shit. If a real big show don't come through here then I've always got San Antonio but you're probably better off checkin for Phoenix or some shit. On the real if you wanna stay in Texas but get alot of live music, Austin is the place to be. Seen Ghostface, fucked around and missed Meth. I've caught alot of classic hip-hop acts here. love it.

and if you speak spanish you're probably gonna have some REALLY discounted weed prices but hell its probably that way already

Support the Real. Click HERE

Crazy Optician.

Never had the chance to see the whole clan, Really dont think ill get that chance anymore! Seen Ghost, Meth, Gza about to see RZA in Liverpool 2 weeks today........ was gonna see Raekwon but he cancelled twice!!!!

Not seen too many live hip-hop concerts, mostly i go to Dub Step/Jungle/ DnB raves! Bwent to Rock the bells though in TO this summer, having the chance to see KRS1 perform and Chali 2na was awesome!

Ya Wu shows get really repetitive after the first one. I saw Rza with Stone Mecca though on the Digi Snacks tour and that was a damn good show. All live instrumentation. It was fucking hotter than hell inside the venue though. People fainting left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaidDate420 View Post
    i've seen wu 4 times. once without rza. the 3 ghostface shows i've seen are better as far as song selection and all out energy. though this one wu show in feb 03 in worchester mass was fuckin high energy, long, and ended wit rza spittin accapella freestyle while the rest of the clan walked off stage. they even turned the house lights on and rza was still droppin jewels (unknown verse, sounded like some cure-type shit not that any of us would know what "cure-type shit" would sound like).

nowadays if i attend a wu show, it's just to buy all the t-shirts and mixtapes i can find that i don't already have.....actually it's a good enouh reason. i'm hitting up that rochester now Y show.
    i remember that tour, rza spit "12 jewels" at the end of the show

'John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.' http://theholyconceptionunit.org

Allow me to demonstrate M-Dizzle's Avatar

I've only seen Rae and Gza this summer, and shit was raw...damn I want to experience at least one wu concert before business fucks up the clan and they split..really want to see my man deck too.

Rza didn't show and has cancelled his uk tour
    The black man is not GOD,
    All humans were created equally by Allah
    The only superior human is the one who posesses Piety!

ALLAH the almighty is not a man .......

I don't think i've ever been to a wu concert, solo neither.

when meth & red where in the netherlands in june I cuold barely walk and I don't feel like going to rae tonight (eventhough i need new shirts lol).

Funny how I have seen every major west coast artist this year but never a wu concert.

I need a job....

Previously MF.Doom MF Viktor Herbz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    but if they came on and played "Turbulence" from Golden Arms or something like that then a lot of people in the crowd wouldn't know what it was, so it wouldn't be as good.
    if you're a wu fan then you should know most wu songs even u-gods. i probably know 80% of the whole wu catalogue, if not word for word then near word for word. people like me don't want to hear all the 'well known' songs over and over

Previously MF.Doom MF Viktor Herbz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mashallarts View Post
    Rza didn't show and has cancelled his uk tour
    i was actually gonna go to that show, i was contemplating going but didnt!

i hate when they cancel last minute

i went to that show in austin, it was real good.

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    I don't think i've ever been to a wu concert, solo neither.

hahaha lolz I found this comment funny....either you have or you haven`t hahahaha.

peace be with you !
    Last edited by zooruka; 10-12-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Never had the chance to see the whole clan live..I've seen GZA and Raekwon's solo shows though when they came to London...and those were live as fuck...but yeh, even from the live dvd's i see the same routines n shit...and most of the songs are never done in their full length...like protect ya neck...and da mystery of chessboxin where they cut out ghosts' and MK's verses...
    Last edited by grt05; 10-19-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    It's the god, god.