Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yea, I Think I'm Pretty much Done With Wu Concerts...

Originally Posted by Sean
    but if they came on and played "Turbulence" from Golden Arms or something like that then a lot of people in the crowd wouldn't know what it was, so it wouldn't be as good.
    funny thing is, of the 2 wu tang clan live shows i went to in 2000 and 2001...this was the opening track both times

word, it's ridicilous how they stuck on the old shit - while it is good and hype as fuck it still feels like they believe themeselves that the rest of their catalouges is bullshit. there's plenty of bangers on "8 Diagrams" that woulda been hella interesting to hear live, tracks like "Thug World", "Rushing Elephants", "Wolves" and of course "Life Changes". not to mention joints like "It's What it Is", "D.T.D.", "Presidential MC's", "The Glide", "House of Flying Daggers". I would fucking LOVE to see a Clan performance where they weren't allowed to play one single track that was released before 2000. that woulda been interesting as hell and probably equally dope!

i've seen the Clan perform and i've seen Ghostface perform and let me tell y'all that the Ghost show was the illest i've ever been to. Dude's got mad charisma and he breezed to most of his classic joints, blended with newer material as well.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

my guess is that most people who care enough to go and see a Wu-Tang concert these days is probably hardcore fans and would recognize shit from "8 Diagrams", "No Said Date", "OB4CL2" and all that.. so Wu - bring it on!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Default Wu Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I kinda feel the same as King Tron. But even if they did come here more often I don't think it would bother me, though I can see what you mean. They play the classics because they're the most popular ones and the crowd favourites. If everyone knows the songs then the concert is gonna be more hype, but if they came on and played "Turbulence" from Golden Arms or something like that then a lot of people in the crowd wouldn't know what it was, so it wouldn't be as good.
    I've been to over 5 Wu-tang shows and over a dozen solo/affiliate shows. One of the best shows that I've seen was when they came to Washington DC back in 2000. Killarmy opened for them and the crowd was hype, I was hyped. I remember RZA came out first and did his thing. Then he introduced each member one by one and I remember U-God coming out and he rocked Turbulence, crowd was hyped. I just think it just depends on the energy of the show. If the crowd don't put energy in the show then you may not get the same energy back. I've always had a good time going to the shows and always found some new flavors that they bring.

I also got a chance to see them in NYC when they performed with Rage Against the Machine in 2007...that was a a crazy show...

Most groups concerts are pretty much the same, with maybe a song chonge here and there. Have you ever seen Luther Vandross in concert? He always told the same two jokes every time... still, every show was fantastic. With that said, I can understand how you feel, but I still have fun at the shows, just diggin' the vibe from the music and the crowd participation. And yeah, Turbulence is one of my favorite cuts! Ghost always smashes his solo shows. The GZA's shows are alway tight, especially if your lucky and Masta Killa pops in on it. Meth shows are Fiyah, and when he wit' Redman... that's some shyt right there! I caught RZA after Digi Snacks came out, and the concert is what made me actually start liking the cd. Now, I've seen Rae twice... he killed it in Philly the other night. When I saw him a few years ago, he kicked some different lyrics to most of the cuts he perfromed... it was simply amazin'. Dude, just go to the damn show... have fun. They don't usually charge a lot, and where would you rather be that night... at the movies?

I been to one wu show last january in Lancaster PA I wanna see em' again sometime that was one of the highlights of my life.
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

Quote Originally Posted by BloodShot View Post
    I've been to over 5 Wu-tang shows and over a dozen solo/affiliate shows. One of the best shows that I've seen was when they came to Washington DC back in 2000. Killarmy opened for them and the crowd was hype, I was hyped. I remember RZA came out first and did his thing. Then he introduced each member one by one and I remember U-God coming out and he rocked Turbulence, crowd was hyped. I just think it just depends on the energy of the show. If the crowd don't put energy in the show then you may not get the same energy back. I've always had a good time going to the shows and always found some new flavors that they bring.

I also got a chance to see them in NYC when they performed with Rage Against the Machine in 2007...that was a a crazy show...
    You talking about the show that was at nationalz? SE d.c. I was there in 2000. I remember it was snowing later that night.

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

I saw the whole Clan minus ODB at Rock the Bells 2007 in NYC. Apparently Ghost didnt show for the second day but luckily we went the first day.

I've seen:

Rae x1
    RZA x1
    Meth x1
    GZA x2

I'm dying to see a Ghost show but he never EVER comes to Canada! I'm pretty sure it sbecause of his past record and the straight fuckery at the border but thats the show i wanna see the most before i die.

I also fucked up and had a chance to see GZA/U-God/Deck all perform at a small club just outside of Toronto but i just didnt believe they would show so i passed and i found out they were all there and the show was sick! stupid me

i saw three. no more for me. They take too damn long to actually get on stage and start performing.

haha ^ hell yaeh they do... went to a show that started at 8 [so i assumed 930/10]... no openers or anything, they didn't get on till 1130 and played for 45 min.

and only performed shit from 36 and 2 odb songs

i feel you (topicstarter)
    i was very disappointed that they didnt play any track of 8 diagrams...
    its their album...
    although they dont identificate with it... on a 8diagrams tour, you have to perform at least 3 tracks...
    but on the other side i really love to see them on stage... its not so monoton like on a soloconzert... its like a tag-team-fight... everybody touchs the mic... and be serious... the tracks during 93-99 are the best they ever recorded...

(sorry for my bad english... i hope you know what i mean...)

I hope next time I see wu they do some more joints from the W
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

i've seen

-the whole clan 1x
    -gza 2x
    -meth 1x
    -deck 1x
    -rza 1x
    -ghost 1x

unfortunately i missed the raekwon show a few months ago...

i have to say that rza had the most energy (and of course method man), but all others were hyped too and it was amazing to see them live...

i've never seen RZA... after that i'll be done... but doubt that'll happen ever anymore

i really wanne to see rza live on stage with stone meca...
    i think a conzert with live instruments is much better than with just a dj!

i've seen
    Wu Tang
    Rae
    Ghost

i missed the red n mef show last year... fuck it...

they dont get often to germany...

i wish KP and GZA came by this year...