5 10.64%
  • Mediocore

1 2.13%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9th Prince - Prince of New York

Veteran Member

alexander the great is Monster...he just goes by MONSTER now..

peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Is he producing on the new 9th solo?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

This Was Dope But The Mixtape He Put Out Was Better

i bought this about a week and a half ago at newbury comics in boston. since then it has rarely left the cd player in my truck shit is sick as fuck...

although i would say it took time to grow on me, certain tracks that is...i can definitly feel a few of the weak spots that hollow dartz mentioned such as the track with kinetic/b9 which you described as "beat sounds like a bunch of noise" - i definitly agree with that but what nobody mentioned is that is a recycled verse from somethin off digital bullet from b9.

so there's only recycled verses from the members of killarmy, but this album still bangs, and i understand it's only a street album, which makes me really excited for his next joint he puts out when he gets released.

banned from the radio i can play on repeat for a long time, same with not promised tomorrow. i dont have time to write a full review but i really wanted to weigh in on this album since i've spent so much time listening to it lately.

i rated it superior.
    "We Agreed To Send One To Swim From Lost To Found."

Veteran Member

Default Review the DELUXE EDITION...

anyone who copped the DELUXE EDITION...got any opinions or reviews?

people who loved the og version are gonna love this on because all the bonus tracks are bangers i mean we write the songs might take a little getting used to because he sings the hook but everything else is good especially the killarmy features and 4th d produced tracks

This def has got some bangers on it, one of the best cd's of this year in my opinion mainly cuz of the production and the energy 9th Prince spits with....
    It has got some weaker tracks, such as Ain't promised , Never front and bottomline, put tracks like Writer , Prince Of New York and especially Vandalism are straight up bangas....

^imo there isn't any weak tracks on it and aint promised is one of my favoritesbut the cd is def a banger

the deluxe version is a banger, the mastering sounds pretty ill in a system, that bonus track "like like" is flames along with "we write the songs", my copy didint have "banned on the radio" but imma check again. overall best wu release so far imo.
    Last edited by GRANDMASSIVE.; 12-16-2008 at 03:18 PM.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    the deluxe version is a banger, the mastering sounds pretty ill in a system, that bonus track "like like" is flames along with "we write the songs", my copy didint have "banned on the radio" but imma check again. overall best wu release so far imo.
    banned on radio was taken off because of the beatles sample clearence

Yeah it's Impossible to sample them niggaz.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I fucking love this album, best WU release in a loong freaking time. Better than Pro Tools, 8D, and anything the fuck else
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

The bonus tracks were 50/50. Half were good and half were bad (see "We Write Songs").

"hood life' is bannanas, album keeps getting better everytime i hear it

These Bonus cuts are kind of bad.