• InspectahChek

2 8.33%
  • Slang Apostle

2 8.33%
  • MF Herbs

5 20.83%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 (Vote Here)

A lot of Dopeness this round...No FamicoM??? Anyway, it was between: Ozmosis, Schiz and G.O.D... but after a few listens I had to go with Schiz, those drums are live as hell...but what really got me about it was the chops, and how they all seem to flow right after another.

Looking foward to the next round. Peace

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

where's Famicom????

damn hard one to vote all are dope...ima go with

devamps..shit hype yo some nice shit going on in this

Veteran Member

My internet connection has been shitting on me these past couple of weeks here is my full review for round two…

Game of Death- Nice use of the little piano roll. The beat is eerie sounding, the added percussions and elements that little hiss sound that sounds like a snake is creepy. The beat is dark and murderous on some underground shit.

Complex- The drums have a nice rhythm to them. The beat has an uplifting vibe the chops are dope and the drums flow good with the track the little breaks gives it some variety and flare simple beat but it sounds fresh.

Ozmosis- The intro had me rolling..haha This beat is cool I know an emcee would murder this track. Those bells sound fresh plus the chops are on point, you probably could have did more with it but it’s straight the way it is. With that being said simple but effective beat not to over the top just straight to the point nice flip. The ending was hilarious.

Devamp- This sounds quite clean digging the energy on this, the track gets you amp had my head nodding. Sounds like it could be a crossover track it has that club feel to it and for some reason the chops you used and the way they flow gives it that Latin feel. Although I’ve heard better tracks from you it was still a tight flip.All it needs is an emcee

Don Johnson- The Legend of The Masta Chilla- The sequencing is sounds cool nice use of that vocal it sounds ill,it has that fast uptempo move something club vibe. Sounds fresh, the changes ups add flavor it was a nice listen.

InspectahChek- Violence now this is on some depression shit dark evil sounding. The vibe of this track sounds like a person on a murder spree killing for fun with no remorse on some Hannibal shit, it sounds quite disturbing I wonder what was going on in your mind when you created this. It would be good track to lay down some deep shit.

Slang Apostle- Sounds underground and raw it’s that wicked bassline sounds rough and rugged. Even though it just a loop on some repetitive shit I think an emcee would have fun with this track tight flip that vocal sounds fresh too.

MF Herbs- Probably the most creative out of all ill shit the chops are impeccable they flow well with the drums. It’s just something about the track that grabs you and takes you in the mind of the creator unquestionably out the box on this one I can respect that. Ill flip

Since we all flipping the same sample its good to see how everyone thinks nice work from everyone this round I voted for MF Herbs the beat was just unorthodox and creative.

See yall in round 3……..Peace

^^nice review

i voted for slang apostle's beat, the bassline was ill, its a great beat for an emcee or for a remix, dope shit also i was diggin' inspectahchek's and devamp's beats
    Last edited by Ozmosis; 03-22-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

hard decision... i'm going with Herbs dat shit was too ill.

Fellas

I heard style, mix and most of all ingredients. Round 2 was an improvement.

Being that there was a mixture of tracks submitted that range from hard, club and hip hop

How about making a genre round periodically...that would be a challenge and show versatility in each producer, beat maker or beat king
    BEZ
    Peace To New York

Quote Originally Posted by Schizo-Manic View Post

InspectahChek- Violence now this is on some depression shit dark evil sounding. The vibe of this track sounds like a person on a murder spree killing for fun with no remorse on some Hannibal shit, it sounds quite disturbing I wonder what was going on in your mind when you created this. It would be good track to lay down some deep shit.

Peace
    HAHA. Maybe because I got fired from my fucking job...perhaps I was in the mood to kill lol.

why isnt this a public poll like the last one? i want to thank the person who voted for me lol

my first vote ever... i'm so happy

penalty boxed user

yoyo...wait for the lizard king to come in next round and he'll blow ya up yo...
    weak round in may opinion nigguz. only 3 beats were worth listening
    but it was a hard sample indeed...

ozmozis had definately the best beat.... another big up for Devamps...by far the best two yo

so good work Ozmo...you'll get a present from me (excluding the vote)

penalty boxed user

yo guys..what's this..why aren't the votes public yo?
    everyone has voted for himself ..lol
    g

could Lord Zero make the poll public?

@Lizard King: I'm exited for the next round... i want to see what you are capable of
    i mite be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    why isnt this a public poll like the last one? i want to thank the person who voted for me lol

my first vote ever... i'm so happy

I voted for ya Don. You had a nice little vibe. different than what you normally hear on these beat battles. Like Schizo put it, "a move something" vibe to it. So my vote went to the One-Armed Bandit. Good shit, Don. Everybody else dropped some nice beats too. Lizard King...You're makin a lot of noise. I hope you bring heat the next round. Peace!
    "Protons Electrons Always Cause Explosions"

http://soundcloud.com/pound-one-beats