2 8.33%
  • Slang Apostle

2 8.33%
  • MF Herbs

5 20.83%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 (Vote Here)

Veteran Member

You talk a good game. Now you pick a sample and I will flip the shit 1 V 1 since you claim your music is without error no need to wait for another round lets do it now! Don't talk about it be about...Hip-Hop is love right....If thats the case its obvious you're not Hip-Hop....
    Last edited by 360beatz; 03-25-2008 at 07:42 AM.

more votes

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post

it's just ...ya'll are behaving like chicks here...wtf yo? be a man and speak the truth. everybody in here is praising the others... "yoo..all the beats are ill", "yoo everybody came hot this round", "impressive round...all competitors were on point as usual"...fuck that. be realistic and stop praising everybody like it's the hotest shit on earth.
    if you guys really believe that..and are really sincere...then you must have a problem yo. it's embarassing...really.

Not that Im siding with you BUT thats overall TRUE... and it's not that I have a problem with the Wu-Corp Army as a team, but productively, I'm embarassed myself to represent along with everyone when it's just myself and about 3 to 4 other members out of HUNDREDS on some original shit. Im pretty much saying, the whole damn unit needs to change their choice of samples, no looping... not even a similar Wu feel to your shit.. just come straight from the heart and mind. We can't call ourselves the illest in the entire world until everyone reaches their own ultimate levels. But homeboy has a point, talk about the cons and the pros. Ive seen alot of beats that were garbage and received alot of high criticism smh.. but... thats just my point of view.... open your ears and give props ONLY to what sounds refreshing...
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

However, Lizard.. I do think you need to back up your words with your own music also.

[QUOTE=The Prime Sithesizah;1104794] Im pretty much saying, the whole damn unit needs to change their choice of samples, no looping... not even a similar Wu feel to your shit.. just come straight from the heart and mind. We can't call ourselves the illest in the entire world until everyone reaches their own ultimate levels.

YO I GOTTA SAY SOMETHIN BOUT THIS--- IM SICK OF MUFUCKAS TALKIN BOUT "DONT LOOP" DOG A BEAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE CREATE A SOLID COMFORTABLE PLATFORM FOR AN MC TO RHYME ON! ANYTHING THAT SOUNDS DOPE AND INSPIRES A LYRICIST GOES.. DUDES ACT LIKE THEY TOO GOOD FOR THIS SHIT... I'DE RATHER SPIT ON 1 DOPE LOOP THEN 50 WACK ASS PATTERNS THAT SOUND ALL OVER THE PLACE.. I'DE RATHER RAP TO A STREET DRUMMER JUST ILLIN ON SOME CANS AND BUCKETS THEN SOME CORNY "ORIGINAL" BEAT THAT NO ONES FEELS.. PLUS HIPHOP WAS INVENTED BY LOOPING CERTAIN PARTS OF A SONG-- EITHER MAKE HOT SHIT THAT MC'S WANT AND CAN SPIT ON OR BE OUT.. IM NOT TALKIN DIRECTLY TO U PRIME BUT TO THERES ALOTTA PEOPLE OUT THERE LOOKIN DOWN UPON LOOPIN SAMPS-- I'LL DESTROY THEM!!!

THIS IS WHAT I FEEL-- AS A BEATMAKER AND MC

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    Not that Im siding with you BUT thats overall TRUE... and it's not that I have a problem with the Wu-Corp Army as a team, but productively, I'm embarassed myself to represent along with everyone when it's just myself and about 3 to 4 other members out of HUNDREDS on some original shit. Im pretty much saying, the whole damn unit needs to change their choice of samples, no looping... not even a similar Wu ...
    Damn thats how you feel?? Who are those 3 to 4 other members...I bet they are also influnced by the Wu producers. Change choice of samples? To what may I ask? I ve sampled all kind of records...japanese, Spanish, Indian and so on... No looping?? Homie the greatest hip hop records of all time are loops. Why dont you check PRimo, Pete Rock, MF Doom and RZA's best works...LOOPS!! But a lot of beatmakers including my self dont leave the main loop of the sample the way it is...we fuck with it...reverse, change pitches and all that other stuff...

What exactly do you mean by loops? Because I hear your tracks and some of those beats loops for like 4 minutes straight...maybe 1 or 2 sound FX from here to there...hardly any drum changes... I am not trying to bash you because you do have your uniqueness (we all do), but yo there is no need to bash on us like that. We are a team, and most of us are feeling eachothers works, thats why there is possitive and negative feed. Shit I ve gotten negative feed...I am sure you have too, because I ve myself have given it to you. I know this is your opinion but man I cant express how disgusted I was when I read this.

And Lizard, dont pussy out next round.... LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT...

Quote Originally Posted by DEVAMPS View Post

YO I GOTTA SAY SOMETHIN BOUT THIS--- IM SICK OF MUFUCKAS TALKIN BOUT "DONT LOOP" DOG A BEAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE CREATE A SOLID COMFORTABLE PLATFORM FOR AN MC TO RHYME ON! ANYTHING THAT SOUNDS DOPE AND INSPIRES A LYRICIST GOES.. DUDES ACT LIKE THEY TOO GOOD FOR THIS SHIT... I'DE RATHER SPIT ON 1 DOPE LOOP THEN 50 WACK ASS PATTERNS THAT SOUND ALL OVER THE PLACE.. I'DE RATHER RAP TO A STREET DRUMMER JUST ILLIN ON SOME CANS AND BUCKETS THEN SOME CORNY "ORIGINAL" BEAT THAT NO ONES FEELS.. PLUS HIPHOP WAS INVENTED BY LOOPING CERTAIN PARTS OF A SONG-- EITHER MAKE HOT SHIT THAT MC'S WANT AND CAN SPIT ON OR BE OUT.. IM NOT TALKIN DIRECTLY TO U PRIME BUT TO THERES ALOTTA PEOPLE OUT THERE LOOKIN DOWN UPON LOOPIN SAMPS-- I'LL DESTROY THEM!!!
    You nailed it dawg.

<< like to flip a dope loop.. I aint gonna front.. I question it sometimes but then I question why not sometimes.. Its all up to the cat makin the beat.. JUST FLIP THE SHIT..

And why the hell is it always bullshit from somebody OUTSIDE the battle when we have battles.. These battles started out as a beat showcase now niggas think they get DEALS off these beats.. When did it get that serious??.. But hey I thought the corp was dead.. maybe we need this lol.. Just make beats yo..

"Yep"

Understand something, fellas.. when I say "No looping", you know what I'm referring to. I'm referring to HOW most of the beatmakers "LOOP". Not so much that it's the actual sample-choice I'm bothered with, but HOW everyone's sampling. I feel like everyone finds some of the NIIICEST samples up here and they use them with little formula. Theirs millions of ways to flip a sample other than mix it, change the pitch or reverse it. If thats your style for now, I respect that but think of other methods. I already know how beatmaking start, where it started and with what. My point is, if you're going to use a sample, flip it as universal as you can. Don't even make it noticeable. Nahmean. There's nothing wrong with sampling or looping, my point is just that you EXPAND HOW you sample a record. Its very rare that I hear someone use NOTHING BUT instruments and someone mistake it for an actual sample. I would like to hear more original play than sampling at some point, it would REALLY showcase more of everyone's talent. I'm just being honest as a member of the team. Other than that, the 3-4 beatmakers I've watched develop over time would be:

Ozmosis (most experimental)
    Famicom (in his own world.. REALLY!)
    Complex (especially his DEEP work)

and these are the only ones I noticed change in their music, no disrespect to anyone...

i only make beats to rhyme on myself, because i know my taste more than anyone else does...so sampling is not a problem for me...are people who speak a certain language to be judged because they didnt invent the language?

Everyone has their style... but I'm always listening to everyone's latest work, most of the time, I don't even post my shit unless its experimented-on beats.. but all Im sayin is go a new direction with sampling if you're going to use an old record and chop it up... & I always wanna hear more COMPOSED music.. straight from scratch..

u too concerned wit the dynamics n specifics n shit-- this is about makin dope music.. regardless of how u did it. obviously its good to expand and experiment but it aint good if it dont sound good. for example.. a person with a thousand dollar synth can compose a beat and be very experimental and try new things.. but it could sound WACK and no one wants to make a song out of it.. now another person with jus a computer and Acid flips 5 different samps into one loop and makes a bangin beat-- he's the iller beatmaker...

bottom line for me is if it sounds good and an MC can rap on it-- thats all that matters for now... this is HIPHOP..against the grain ..RAWNESS fuck all the corny shit..

[QUOTE] Homie the greatest hip hop records of all time are loops. Why dont you check PRimo, Pete Rock, MF Doom and RZA's best works...LOOPS!! But a lot of beatmakers including my self dont leave the main loop of the sample the way it is...we fuck with it...reverse, change pitches and all that other stuff...[QUOTE]

Nahh, LOOPS are the same melody being played over and over with no extra element to the sample. Their works have intricate effects and interesting reverbs apart of their shit. Listen to Mic Geronimo's "Unstoppable" produced by Pete Rock... or Method Man's Stimulation "produced by The RZA".. they may SEEM like loops but listen to them again, then come back and tell me the difference.

What exactly do you mean by loops? Because I hear your tracks and some of those beats loops for like 4 minutes straight...maybe 1 or 2 sound FX from here to there...hardly any drum changes... I am not trying to bash you because you do have your uniqueness (we all do), but yo there is no need to bash on us like that....
    I'm not bashing on anyone, its just that you all think on a HIGH innovative level and have easily the best selections of samples and they go to waste the way they're being used when I hear them. Even if they sound "spit-over'able" or dope the way it may come out, to me, I don't feel or hear anything that makes me question HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT? know what i'm sayin...

But yo, the next couple of rounds with this beat battles.. explain what you do with the sample and how you overall constructed the beat. Don't give away your secrets but what you did with the sample....

Quote Originally Posted by DEVAMPS View Post
    u too concerned wit the dynamics n specifics n shit-- this is about makin dope music.. regardless of how u did it.
    But thats the point of growing, Vamps... ya'll keep making "ill" music, thats nice but we're calling ourselves the ILLEST beatmaking crew out there. Get witty with how you do your shit, there's millions of cats out there that not only make ill shit, but its beyond just music. Beyond sounds. The more everyone just makes "BANGAZ" and "ILL BEATS", the simplicity is gonna be there forever and there will never be any expansion

do u think i just cut one sample and loop it? mostly all of my beats have NUMEROUS samps goin on at once so u might not notice but dont overlook my music.. plus listen to my ALBUM-- an actual album..product.. me as a rapper i jus like rippin a dope beat regardless.. come talk to me after u've crafted a full album like BURNT BRIDGES.. yea its more then music.. ideas..messages... n i dont see alotta people talkin bout my verses on here eventho they all sick and have deeper meaning..