Released date: February 19th 2008

1. A To The K ft. B-Real
    2. Soul Glo
    3. Put Ya Stomp On It ft. Talib Kweli
    4. Step It Up
    5. Rain
    6. Be Prepared ft. Little Brother
    7. Absolute Value
    8. Black Hell Breaks Loose ft. Therapy & Willie Evans Jr.
    9. Kindred ft. Brenna Gethers & Chuck D
    10. Front Steps Pt. II (Tough Love)
    11. Beast Mode ft. Mr. Lif
    12. If We Can't Build ft. Bumpy Knuckles
    13. Ak B. Nimble ft. Baby Israel
    14. Back Home To You

I can't believe I haven't heard anything about this album on here yet. Akrobatik is one third of the Perceptionists with Mr. Lif and DJ Fakts One, and this is his second solo effort.

It's got guests like Chuck D, Little Brother, Talib Kweli, Mr. Lif, Bumpy Knuckles & B-Real (sort of), as well as beats from J Dilla, Da Beatminerz, 9th Wonder, Illmind & Faks One. Yet somehow, this seems to have gone under the radar.

So far it's maybe just behind eMC's 'The Show' as best album of 2008 so far. I need to listen some more before doing a proper review though.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-24-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

I found this album to be very hit and miss. It was like for every good joint. it would be followed up by a crappy one, a very frustrating experience for the listener. Akro got skills no doubt but in his attempt to bring his sound to the next level, his rhymes clash with the beats. When he stays traditional on the production he shines on it, but otherwise it hinders his music.

Overall I thought it was a decent album with some straight up dope rhymes, the guests play their part well and don't take over the record. This could have been a great album but is let down by dodgy production, Akro is a beast on the mic but I think he needs to know what beats suit him and what doesn't, if he learns this then a classic album is sure to follow.

Lyrics 8/10
    Beats 5/10
    Overall 6/10

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
    I found this album to be very hit and miss. It was like for every good joint. it would be followed up by a crappy one, a very frustrating experience for the listener. Akro got skills no doubt but in his attempt to bring his sound to the next level, his rhymes clash with the beats. When he stays traditional on the production he shines on it, but otherwise it hinders his music.

Overall I thought it was a decent album with some straight up dope rhymes, the guests play their part well and don't take over the record. This could have been a great album but is let down by dodgy production, Akro is a beast on the mic but I think he needs to know what beats suit him and what doesn't, if he learns this then a classic album is sure to follow.

Lyrics 8/10
    Beats 5/10
    Overall 6/10
    agreed i love this album but the production does ruin it slightly

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Yeah, after listening through a couple of times I'd agree that the production is very uneven. Shame really.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Can't say I agree... The production is dope.. Akro is nice on the mic, and the guests works good..

4/5

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I think maybe 3.5/10 right now. That may change in time, but right now I rate it as above average.