Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official Prime Beatmaking Guide: BEGINNER to PROFESSIONAL

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

Default The Official Prime Beatmaking Guide: BEGINNER to PROFESSIONAL

*Note*
    Ask ALL questions within this topic because ALL further pointers/levels of guidance will be submitted ONLY within this topic

Before anything, understand music within itself. Understand HOW it started and WHERE it began. Beatmaking is simply the spirit translated into sound. It determines overall feeling (the reason most people say "I feel this / I love this"). Emotion. <---- Key factor..

I'm not gonna just make teach you the fundamentals but I'm gonna also upload tracks that I want you to study as you go along and practice making your own beats. WHY? Because you need to get accustomed to knowing alot of important elements of a song and the mistakes made in alot of "considered" classics. Music is a VERY serious thing to me. From Classical to Pop to Jazz to Rap to Soul to Rock. Music is what I breathe, shit, eat, talk and walk. If you don't have a heart for it, don't even bother. But NEVERTHELESS, I'll make you love this music shit. Well, beatmaking for the most part lol...

Alright... for the basics...

FL Studio 8 ( http://www.tucows.com/preview/209204 ) ... the best program to start with
    I recommend it the MOST because its something you can work with manually, get hands-on with. Reason and all these other hardwares, no disrespect but WHATEVER man. Stick to FL and I'll make you see the complexity of FL Studio and why it's prominently useful overall..

I'm not gonna start off by giving you a LONG LONG interpretation of Hip-Hop just yet. But before that, I want you learning individuals to study THE MAN responsible for your way of living. THE MAN behind today's world. ----------> Clive Campbell (Originator of Hip-Hop)

Learn a little about him, tell me what you learn and study the following beats HONORABLY...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuqnUso0-fU
    RedMan - A Day Of Sooperman Lover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ZXmYI6ArY
    Ghostface - Wild Flower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2POqdU-_2hk
    Pete Rock - Strange Fruit

These tracks have EXCLUSIVE sampling, expect more complex examples later but..
    Make a beat and send it to me so I can review it... (LEARNERS ONLY)
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Extra videos I want EVERY uprising beatmaker to study...
    ANY QUESTIONS... just ask in this thread..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTauuXb2ZQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIqZk...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nvAa...eature=related

Interesting Thread Sith, I'll Peep These Later :d

Quote Originally Posted by LORD ZERO View Post
    Interesting Thread Sith, I'll Peep These Later :d
    Word.. any question you may have, just ask me

could you make a vid of you makin a beat or somethin like dat? just something simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    could you make a vid of you makin a beat or somethin like dat? just something simple...
    lol.. that would be giving away alot of insight to how I make my beats... any other questions though?

naw i just want to see how to use dat vst things... i'm too lazy to look for a tutorial...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    naw i just want to see how to use dat vst things... i'm too lazy to look for a tutorial...
    Go to MY COMPUTER ---- click on your (C drive --- go to Program Files --- then go to Image-Line (if you use FL) --- Click FL Studio --- then you'll see Plugins .... the (dll) files are suppose to go in there .... then bring up FL and Load it from where it says "More" which means more Plugins ... go to the bottom of that and click where it says load safely...

Is It Necessary To Learn Music Theory

I Started Learning To Play The Guitar A Year Ago And I Was Wondering Can I Use The Scales In Beat Making Also

And How Do U Get Drums To Sound Hard And Dirty

How The Hell Does A Person Use A Sample

How Do U No The Right Tempo

Ima Have More And More

Im Curious

Quote Originally Posted by O-U-NONE View Post
    Is It Necessary To Learn Music Theory

I Started Learning To Play The Guitar A Year Ago And I Was Wondering Can I Use The Scales In Beat Making Also

And How Do U Get Drums To Sound Hard And Dirty

How The Hell Does A Person Use A Sample

How Do U No The Right Tempo

Ima Have More And More

Im Curious

I, personally, think it's the most LACKED part of knowing music. Reading notes & scales is important. That's what makes you think deeper & most of the time, it gives you more wisdom as far as instruments are concerned. When you hear an instrument being used in a deranged manner, you'll be able to tell... ALL because you did your homework by studying everything about music. It's more than just a form of art...

Yeah, depending on if you still wanna use your guitar manually, you'll need to buy a certain plugin for your guitar so you can record and sample your own material. But you can do pretty much anything by making your own scales with FL.

Most people just lower the pitch for DARKER beats and find hard-hitting drum kits...

Well, we'll get to that part after everything else is understood lol.. I'll explain that in the next part..

It depends on HOW the track sounds, sometimes you have to listen... does it sound trippy? Go high with the pitch ... does it sound diabolic, Go low with the pitch.. its all in the timing and mode

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    *Note*
    Ask ALL questions within this topic because ALL further pointers/levels of guidance will be submitted ONLY within this topic

Before anything, understand music within itself. Understand HOW it started and WHERE it began. Beatmaking is simply the spirit translated into sound. It determines overall feeling (the reason most people say "I feel this / I love this"). Emotion. <---- Key factor..

I'm not gonna just make teach you the fundamentals but I'm gonna also upload tracks that I want you to study as you go along and practice making your own beats. WHY? Because you need to get accustomed to knowing alot of important elements of a song and the mistakes made in alot of "considered" classics. Music is a VERY serious thing to me. From Classical to Pop to Jazz to Rap to Soul to Rock. Music is what I breathe, shit, eat, talk and walk. If you don't have a heart for it, don't even bother. But NEVERTHELESS, I'll make you love this music shit. Well, beatmaking for the most part lol...
    ^^^^ WOW.... :sighs: I know your trying to help cats out BUT you cant teach feeling..

"Yep"

How Do U Lower Pitch In Fl?

Yo Thanks For This Thread
    Last edited by O-U-NONE; 04-02-2008 at 06:18 PM.

lol....umm.....yo 2 b honest....prime u my nigga an all but.....i dont really think u qualified enough 2 b schoolin cats.....

Veteran Member

Check out Acepincter on youtube all his videos are informative

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=AcePincter

He Can Teach Ppl. How To Use The Program