Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official Prime Beatmaking Guide: BEGINNER to PROFESSIONAL

I can admire the effort to help out beginners but I would be careful what u reveal... I mean giving lessons on hip hop? That is takin it too far... Fruity Loops is a great program which does allow a ton of versatility and easy to learn on, but claiming you are a professional musician because you use FL is almost like an oxymoron... I would suggest at some point using hardware because the experience is way more organic and satisfying..

The best way to learn music is to seek the answers yourself, that way you can develop your own sound, style, ect.. It takes time and alot of expirementing... There are tutorials everywhere to learn the basics, then use some imagination and the possibilities are endless...

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    The best way to learn music is to seek the answers yourself, that way you can develop your own sound, style, ect.. It takes time and alot of expirementing... There are tutorials everywhere to learn the basics, then use some imagination and the possibilities are endless...

i agree, the only way i've learned was by experimenting
    Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

and how you gonna learn feel when your clicking a mouse!were not dissin but on the real if you mouse clickin that shit is wack!If you cats wanna learn real production get ya self some hardware!theres reason the classic beats sound the way they do!alot of it has to do with limitaions in the gear,and the computer is not gonna give you that raw sound!go ask VARAN and PLEX why they got the SP!

^yea I Feel U With The Mouse Clicking Thing
    Sometimes I Want To Just Bang That Shit With My Fingers But I Cant

I Have A Midi Keyboard My Boy Gave Me

But I Still Have To Hook It Up To Software

I can admire the effort to help out beginners but I would be careful what u reveal... I mean giving lessons on hip hop? That is takin it too far... Fruity Loops is a great program which does allow a ton of versatility and easy to learn on, but claiming you are a professional musician because you use FL is almost like an oxymoron... I would suggest at some point using hardware because the experience is way more organic and satisfying..

I agree with you with on the hardware thing overall, and experimentation/ emulation is the key, but i guess fl is as good a place to start as any, cause if you're really serious about production, its a very expensive hobby. My friend bought a $1500 MPC and sold it a week later because he didnt feel working with it lol. Each to his own though.

Some helpful sites:

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/index.php
    http://www.tweakheadz.com/
    http://www.reasonfreaks.com/index.ph...BB2&file=index
    http://www.musictheory.net/
    http://studio-central.com/phpbb/index.php
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/

And if you cant afford a keyboard, download a virtual one, better than nothing:

http://www.bome.com/midi/keyboard/

Good thread Prime, i might have a few questions in the future

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O-U-NONE View Post
    How Do U Lower Pitch In Fl?

Yo Thanks For This Thread

On the Sampler.. you should see the pitch knob... turn it to the left...
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Quote Originally Posted by O-U-NONE View Post
    He Can Teach Ppl. How To Use The Program
    Lol I'm checkin the vids out right now..
    Last edited by The Prime Sithesizah; 04-07-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleep Sinatra View Post
    lol....umm.....yo 2 b honest....prime u my nigga an all but.....i dont really think u qualified enough 2 b schoolin cats.....

Lol nobody else is doing it, plus.... to even say I'm not qualified is bold, no disrespect to anyone but I've been doing this shit for a looonngg period of time. I understand alot of shit that your average producer still doesnt know. That's why I made this thread... coming from my perspective and experience...

Lmao smh.. nowhere did I say I was teaching "Hip-Hop"... this thread was made to give pointers on people who are just making beats... I'm suggesting why to use FL Studio and if they have questions regarding what goes on in the process, they may ask me because I've been using it for ALL of my production... I'm not knockin hardware... but most cats, they buy their hardware and it's a waste just to call themselves "Producers".. never did I say I was a "Professional Musician"... but I'm a professional at what I know... whatever each beginner ends up using is their option. I'm jus giving them the basics as they use FL...

Quote Originally Posted by LORDS OF THE LO-FI View Post
    and how you gonna learn feel when your clicking a mouse!were not dissin but on the real if you mouse clickin that shit is wack!If you cats wanna learn real production get ya self some hardware!theres reason the classic beats sound the way they do!alot of it has to do with limitaions in the gear,and the computer is not gonna give you that raw sound!go ask VARAN and PLEX why they got the SP!
    Everybody isnt starting out with SPs and MPCs... anybody can filter their tracks to give it REAL raw sounds.. that's nothing. It's all in HOW you make your beats, thats pretty much the problem up here but everytime I say something, it's always taken in offense.. my point is this, I've made ALOT of raw classic beats... no hardware, all FL Studio with a few plugins.. not just instrument samples unless I wanna add on and duplicate a melody.. but other than that, I will say this... HARDWARE is the original source and you probably will get a better raw feeling but SOFTWARE takes it to a different level... doesn't make sense to spend 100s to 1,000s of bucks on shit that limits your imagination... so, nevertheless, I respect what everyone does and I'm not knockin hardware but I prefer the BEGINNERS to start out with FL before they fuck with any hardware... it's much much more basic...

Anymore questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizo-Manic View Post
    Check out Acepincter on youtube all his videos are informative

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=AcePincter

Goood Search, Schizo lol... THAT said it all....

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    Everybody isnt starting out with SPs and MPCs... anybody can filter their tracks to give it REAL raw sounds.. that's nothing. It's all in HOW you make your beats, thats pretty much the problem up here but everytime I say something, it's always taken in offense.. my point is this, I've made ALOT of raw classic beats... no hardware, all FL Studio with a few plugins.. not just instrument samples unless I wanna add on and duplicate a melody.. but other than that, I will say this... HARDWARE is the original source and you probably will get a better raw feeling but SOFTWARE takes it to a different level... doesn't make sense to spend 100s to 1,000s of bucks on shit that limits your imagination... so, nevertheless, I respect what everyone does and I'm not knockin hardware but I prefer the BEGINNERS to start out with FL before they fuck with any hardware... it's much much more basic...
    ^^^ LOL.. you know they still gonna come at you.. wow @ "anybody can filter their tracks to give it REAL raw sounds.. that's nothing." smh.. but keep doing you..

"Yep"

Quote Originally Posted by MF Herbs View Post
    ^^^ LOL.. you know they still gonna come at you.. wow @ "anybody can filter their tracks to give it REAL raw sounds.. that's nothing." smh.. but keep doing you..
    LoL I know what to expect, Herbs... thanx... there's alot of ways to deliver a RAW sound, you can filter... you can make shit dark.. so much, but the creativity when its all said and done... ????? ... nevertheless, UPPIN for more questions...

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    LoL I know what to expect, Herbs... thanx... there's alot of ways to deliver a RAW sound, you can filter... you can make shit dark.. so much, but the creativity when its all said and done... ????? ... nevertheless, UPPIN for more questions...

no doubt..

"Yep"