Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official Prime Beatmaking Guide: BEGINNER to PROFESSIONAL

could u show us some of your raw classic beats?

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    could u show us some of your raw classic beats?

Listen to Bloody Mary's Horripilation on my myspace... the drums, hi-modulation sound going in and out, laced the drums with two different loops.. one cuts in for the other loop... the sample would be mistaken for something done out of simplicity.. listen close and at the end of the sample, you hear a full melody.. the sample came out sounding like an instrument itself...

Listen to the DMTA beat... midi sample all the way through with the hi-fi blend of drums, straight raw.. unmixed material.. nothing super special because I never release anything "so-called" superior unless I'm workin on an album for someone...

Pretty much plain examples..
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

prime sithesiza im gonna prolly chekk this out later im rly interested in learning this shud b stickied and also could you chekk out my thread in the audio booth

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Killgrave View Post
    prime sithesiza im gonna prolly chekk this out later im rly interested in learning this shud b stickied and also could you chekk out my thread in the audio booth
    Yeah yeah, I peep'd it.. you've got GOOD producers on your hand.. I wouldn't mind sendin you something, jus give me detail on what you want and I'll make it.. just PM me..

i pm'd you peace.

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    Lmao smh.. nowhere did I say I was teaching "Hip-Hop"... this thread was made to give pointers on people who are just making beats... I'm suggesting why to use FL Studio and if they have questions regarding what goes on in the process, they may ask me because I've been using it for ALL of my production... I'm not knockin hardware... but most cats, they buy their hardware and it's a waste just to call themselves "Producers".. never did I say I was a "Professional Musician"... but I'm a professional at what I know... whatever each beginner ends up using is their option. I'm jus giving them the basics as they use FL...
    you should have titled this "how to learn fruity loops"... Prime lemme ask you a question fam... i have seen you preach about how cats in here need to "compose" more beats, stop looping, ect.. How are you composing anything when u aint playing an instrument or even touching any equipment? to me clickin and draggin sounds aint composin shit... Being a professional at fruity loops is like being a professional at xbox 360, it aint that impressive...

I aint tryin to knock ya style because you seem knowledgable about music but if you really are serious I would think eventually you would take the next step with ya sound... This is just my opinion, no disrespect, keep doin you..

peace

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    you should have titled this "how to learn fruity loops"... Prime lemme ask you a question fam... i have seen you preach about how cats in here need to "compose" more beats, stop looping, ect.. How are you composing anything when u aint playing an instrument or even touching any equipment? to me clickin and draggin sounds aint composin shit... Being a professional at fruity loops is like being a professional at xbox 360, it aint that impressive...

I aint tryin to knock ya style because you seem knowledgable about music but if you really are serious I would think eventually you would take the next step with ya sound... This is just my opinion, no disrespect, keep doin you..

peace

Know this, Plex... composing isn't just "actual" composition done manually. Composing is setting originality with whatever you may have. Me? I have the exact keyboard Havoc has to make tunes and effects, so its not just green bars for me unless I'm sampling... as far as my style is concerned, you'll hear more unusual shit... be on the lookout, but I respect your openness... Keep It Cerebral...

Anymore questions?

9th Wonder took the words from my mouth lol... GOOD shit here..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3djx45kKvc

Everyone that wants to, go through this on your spare time and comprehend this...
    http://library.thinkquest.org/15413/

Still answering questions...

^let Me Get Ur Aim And A Free Version Of Fl

Quote Originally Posted by O-U-NONE View Post
    ^let Me Get Ur Aim And A Free Version Of Fl

AIM: brooklynsquire

www.tucows.com/preview/209204 (the new FL studio, just download from there)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    Everybody isnt starting out with SPs and MPCs... anybody can filter their tracks to give it REAL raw sounds.. that's nothing. It's all in HOW you make your beats, thats pretty much the problem up here but everytime I say something, it's always taken in offense.. my point is this, I've made ALOT of raw classic beats... no hardware, all FL Studio with a few plugins.. not just instrument samples unless I wanna add on and duplicate a melody.. but other than that, I will say this... HARDWARE is the original source and you probably will get a better raw feeling but SOFTWARE takes it to a different level... doesn't make sense to spend 100s to 1,000s of bucks on shit that limits your imagination... so, nevertheless, I respect what everyone does and I'm not knockin hardware but I prefer the BEGINNERS to start out with FL before they fuck with any hardware... it's much much more basic...
    Theres more to gettin a raw sound then usin filters!we respect what you trying!But what you fail to realize is that limitaions is what sets you free!You think al we do is add filters to make our tracks sound raw?please fam we dont even see wave files when we chop are samples!there is no visual screen to see when you chop on the SP!plus theres no swing quantize on the SP-303 so its all how you play it!And trust me we have used software(FL and REASON)they dope but what im sayin is the limitations in gear is what forces you to be more creative!Why do you think all the old BOOM BAP shit sounds the way it does?Cuz those cats were forced to push the limits of there gear!We respsect you fam but you kinda of come across like your some master producer and we dont respsect that!We are HUMBLE in knowing that we are not any where near the best THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE THAT IS BETTER THAN YOU!!And shit i can name 3 cats on here that will eat you alive!

Quote Originally Posted by LORDS OF THE LO-FI View Post
    Theres more to gettin a raw sound then usin filters!we respect what you trying!But what you fail to realize is that limitaions is what sets you free!You think al we do is add filters to make our tracks sound raw?please fam we dont even see wave files when we chop are samples!there is no visual screen to see when you chop on the SP!plus theres no swing quantize on the SP-303 so its all how you play it!And trust me we have used software(FL and REASON)they dope but what im sayin is the limitations in gear is what forces you to be more creative!Why do you think all the old BOOM BAP shit sounds the way it does?Cuz those cats were forced to push the limits of there gear!We respsect you fam but you kinda of come across like your some master producer and we dont respsect that!We are HUMBLE in knowing that we are not any where near the best THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE THAT IS BETTER THAN YOU!!And shit i can name 3 cats on here that will eat you alive!
    Never did I say anyone just uses filters, its more to it than that.... and thats the problem up here, catz make TOOO many Boom-Bap records and everybody's altogether. Everybody's looking out for the next man, dick-riding... always coming at me like "Prime, fall back... Prime this, Prime that. I'm gonna be straight out honest. Alot of the shit I hear has been strictly bullshit. I'm not a perfectionist. I'm not the ILLEST in the world. But you couldn't even name 2 cats up here that REALLY could bring it to me, all A-Game to the table. Secondly, I barely see anyone being truthful about alot of the shit that gets dropped up here. Everybody's sayin "that was dope.. hot banga.. ill banga".... get REAL... you wonder why alot of people stopped coming on here? They hear the same shit OVER and OVER and OVER... it's like nothing changes with the beats up here. I come off COCKY because thats me. I'm not like you dudes along with Beatjitzu and A WHOLE LOT OF OTHERS who marinate all over RZA's dick... I say the shit I say because I wanna hear some better shit. This is the illest crew in the entire world, right?.... SHOW IT!!! It's cats like Ozmosis that keep me around, because everytime I hear his new shit, it always amazes me and he FURTHERS his craft. He's not stuck in a world of kung-fu flicks and chamber music, he's not just Jazz samples and the ordinary. Lol and you wanna talk about be humble... smh.. As a member of the crew, I'm addressing alot of shit that MANY are afraid to say... I can come off as a MASTER PRODUCER because I know alot more shit than you. I don't brag about being the illest with a FL Studio like the SP users do. I'm not with that shit... I'm here to better dudes, kiddo...not to argue with a bunch of "follow the general" mothafuckaz... understood? Its about being HARD and AGGRESSIVE on everyone because most reviews I read seem bitchy to me...nevertheless.. End of discussion...
    You can hate me after this... be to yourselves and say "naahh, I'm not fuckin with prime anymore"... doesnt matter to me... the crew's jus coming straight out on some bullshit like married men that let woman wear the pants... lol fuck outta here

ANYMORE QUESTIONS...
    Last edited by The Prime Sithesizah; 04-08-2008 at 11:22 AM.

im not hatin fam just dont like cocky cats!And if you think you know more than we do you foolin yaself!have youever used hardware?Ya we stuck in kung fu land where its warm and cozy!im snuggling up next to RZA he told me to tell you BONG BONG!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LORDS OF THE LO-FI View Post
    im not hatin fam just dont like cocky cats!And if you think you know more than we do you foolin yaself!have youever used hardware?Ya we stuck in kung fu land where its warm and cozy!im snuggling up next to RZA he told me to tell you BONG BONG!!!!!!
    Never needed to use hardware, pointless to me. But thats what everyone is using to make their shit. Thats not what this thread is for. Im heavy on software so I'm guiding new cats rather than letting them fall victim to everything else up here. Lol.. everyone can proceed and do them, I'll handle my shit.. as I said before, don't like what I say? Exit my threads or avoid what I say lol thats all....

ANYMORE QUESTIONS?....

Prime U Gotta Be The Corniest Annoyin Cat On Here In All Honesty.. Just Fall Back And Let People Do What They Do Dun U Aint No God Beatmaker So Chill