Thread: Alicia Keys Talks About Her Conspiracy Theories

Default Alicia Keys Talks About Her Conspiracy Theories

NEW YORK - There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist. The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "`Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. `Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: That the bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin'" and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080411/...le_alicia_keys

-

I agree with Alicia's theories about gangsta rap and 2Pac and The Notorious Big's deaths. 2Pac was on his way to being a leader for blacks because he was political earlier in his career. If you listen to his songs like Brenda's Got A Baby, Trapped, Soulja's Story, Violent, Words Of Wisdom, Part Time Mutha, Keep Ya Head Up, Papa'z Song, you can see that he was political. He got away from that when he got with Death Row and Suge Knight's ignorant fat ass. And because of 2Pac's ignorance, that's what lead to his death. If he hadn't ran his damn mouth so much dissing rappers and getting in trouble with the law, he would still be alive. That's a nice picture of Alicia above with her cute self. I'm not a fan of her music because it's boring but i wanna fuck her LOL.

The HighMindedLowLife SilvaFistz's Avatar

^^ i agree with you that if pac wouldnt have gotten with death row and stayed in jail he would have came out of there a better man. he may have continued to bless us with real messages in his music like he did before, but shit happens and now we will never know what could have been.

and damn that picture really show the beauty of ms. Alicia Keys

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

shes beautiful as hell son like charles jones im not a big fan of her music but she does have beauty son

I think Common is gettin in her head...

::listens to I Want You feat. Will.I.Am

So the whole East Coast vs. West Coast feud was fueled by the government, or just the 2 Pac vs. Biggie Smalls feud? lol