Page 1 of 67 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA 08 Playoffs

Default The NBA 08 Playoffs

CELTICS

VS

LAKERS

It All Comes Down To This
    Last edited by Visionz; 05-31-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Support the Real. Click HERE

I was bout to make a thread just like this! I guess you beat me to it! lol

Anyways here are my predictions...

(1) Boston VS. (8) Atlanta- Boston in 4 (No Comment)

(4) Cleveland VS. (5) Washington- Washington in 7...This is gonna be the best first round series in the East)

(3) Orlando VS. (6) Toronto-Orlando in 5... Raptors are too soft

(2) Detroit VS.(7) Philadelphia- Detroit in 4... Philly been on a roll...but Detroit is way too talented to let the Hawks make this competitive

Western Conference

(1) LA Lakers VS. (8) Denver- Lakers in 5...They swept the season series against the Nuggets, but Nuggets offense should be enough to win atleast one game

(4) Utah VS. (5) Houston- Houston in 7! T-mac has homecourt advantage and Jazz have a shitty road record. Plus I wanna see T-Mac finally get outta the first round

(3) San Antonio VS. (6) Phoenix- Shit IDK about this one... This is gonna be a very close series! But I think I'mma have to go with Phoenix in 7..Spurs age finally catches up to them.

(2) New Orleans VS. (7) Dallas- New Orleans in 6...Dallas has no go to guy in the fourth and they ain't gonna get far.

Easter conference
    Boston - Atlanta = Boston in 4 it would be huge if Atlanta can win 1 game.
    Detroit - Philidelphia = Detroit in 4, they starters have rested well they should explode
    Orlando - Toronto = the raptors are a good matchup for the magic, i say magic in 6.
    Cleveland - Wizards = Lebron in 7

Western Conference
    LA - Denver = LA in 5.
    NO - Dallas = Dallas in 7, they got more experience especially with j-kidd on the team.
    SA - Phoenix = one hell of a game. spurs in 6.
    Houston - Utah = if Jazz had homecourt this was all to easy for them, but they dnt and the jazz suk on the road. Houston in 7.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

The western conference is going to be bananas. A lot of good matchups here. Suns and Spurs is going to be a dog fight. I just hope the Suns beat them this time. I can't stand the Spurs. If the Nuggets can play any defense...that series should be interesting but the Lakers will prevail in the end with Kobe winning his first MVP. Boston will be the team to come out of the east. That conference wont get interesting until the second round.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

My picks so far:

Boston over Atlanta (sweep)

Cleveland over Washington (barely)

Toronto over Orlando

The Big D over Philly (easy)

LA over Denver (7 Games, I see Denver getting emotional when they loose)

Utah over Houston (I know, I know!!!! But I got a feeling Houston is gonna need Yao for the extra push and he wont be there. Plus Utah is a good well rounded team and they're hungry)

Phoenix over San Antonio (The Spurs are gonna fold on this one, though they are coming in favorable)

Dallas over New Orleans (Chris Paul can't handle the pressure)
    Last edited by HarlemDiplomat; 04-17-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Utah can beat Houston, i mean there road record does suck but their record on the road against .500 + teams is actually pretty good. but after seeing them play against the spurs yesterday they got routed badly. thats not the best way to enter the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    Utah can beat Houston, i mean there road record does suck but their record on the road against .500 + teams is actually pretty good. but after seeing them play against the spurs yesterday they got routed badly. thats not the best way to enter the playoffs.
    Its all good... The Spurs aren't in the same Western conference as last year... plus they gotta get up to par with Boston who are starting to work the bench more.

-

LOL@some of ya'll saying Cleveland is gonna beat Washington hahahahahahahahahahaha. Cleveland doesn't have anybody that can defend Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler, Antwan Jamison. The Wizards are gonna win the series because Cleveland sucks. Lebron's teammates are terrible. I think the Wizards are gonna win 4-1. Cleveland can't even beat the Bulls LOL. They lost to the Bulls twice the last few weeks. They barely beat Miami without Dwayne Wade last week hahahahahahahahahaha. So tell me how are they gonna beat the Wizards? Boston is gonna sweep Atlanta. I'm happy that Joe Johnson made the playoffs because he's one of my favorite players. I think Chicago would've been a better opponent for Boston than Atlanta because the series might've been a little tougher for Boston because Chicago has several guys that are good scorers. I was disappointed that Chicago didn't make the playoffs this year. Orlando is gonna beat Toronto. Detroit is gonna beat Philadelphia. Lakers are gonna beat Denver but don't sleep on Denver ya'll. Carmelo, Iverson, Kenyon Martin, Marcus Camby, JR Smith are gonna be tough for the Lakers to handle so i wouldn't be surprised if the series went 6 or 7 games. Utah is gonna beat Houston because Tracy's teammates aren't that good. I don't see how Houston had a 22 game winning streak. New Orleans is gonna beat Dallas because the Hornets have lots of good players such as Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler, David West, Bonzi Wells, Pargo, Mike James(i wonder why he doesn't play that much because he's pretty good. You see what he did when he played with Toronto, Milwaukee, Houston.), Peja Stojakovic. Dallas still doesn't play defense and they're gonna miss Desagana Diop's shot blocking and Devin Harris's scoring. I don't see how the Spurs have been champions several times because their offense at times is shitty. Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili are very good but i think Phoenix is gonna beat them. At least i hope so(LOL)because just when you think the Spurs are gonna lose, they will surprise you and win.

^ That's quite a rant you got there, but I agree with most, if not all of it. I don't see Cleveland escaping the first round either, Orlando vs Toronto is what I'm looking forward to in the East. Bosh vs Howard. I also like Joe Johnson, and has proven to be the only one that left Phoenix and maintained his game. Jamal Crawford, Eddie House, Quentin Richardson, Tim Thomas, just to name a few. These cats almost made it seem like they could've placed anybody in that position and they'd be making solid 3's. As long as San Antonio or Phoenix don't make it to the Conference finals, I'll be happy.

-

Jamal Crawford played with Phoenix before? I don't think he did. I wish Joe Johnson was still with Phoenix. My father asked me who's starting at shooting guard for the Cavs and i told him Devin Brown. He said Devin Brown? He said you joking right? Hahahahahahahahahaha. I guess my dad doesn't think Devin should be starting. He's a decent player but he should be coming off the bench.

Oh yeah, my bad I was thinkin of Quentin Richardson, which I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by DeShawn Stevenson
    Devin Brown is Overrated.
    ^^ I'm pretty sure this will be said before game 1.

Banned

WIth all the shit the Wizards have been talking, they better win that series. Stevenson calling LBJ 'overrated' and what not.

I dont see the Cavs losing to them. I think the Cavs are going to play much better in the playoffs than they have been. LeBron has kinda laid back as far as attacking the basket the last month of the season and i dont blaim him. We werent getting the 3 spot and we prolly werent losing the 4.

That being said, i dont think they get past Boston although if Wally and Boobie and DJones are hitting their shots, they can. Its all about knocking down open shots cuz LeBron will command attention. Ben Lebron and West gotta step up on D.
    Detroit has an easy road to the Conference Finals if Toronto somehow upsets Orlando, but I dont see it happening.

I think Orlando beats Detroit in the Second round. I just think that Detroit has BEEN past its playoff prime for about two years now. Howard will dominate them in the paint if he is focused.

I dont really care about the west...anyone can win it. The Lakers are the sexy pick, but fuck it, I'll go with the Hornets. I like the way they spread you out and can go inside and Paul can break down the D.

-

LOL@NickyTooch thinks Orlando can beat Detroit and Cleveland will beat Washington and Boston if they play well hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your predictions aren't gonna happen so keep dreaming. Wally's field goal percentage has been in the 30's since he came to Cleveland LOL. So his shooting isn't gonna improve in the playoffs. Damon Jones will be lucky if he plays in the playoffs LOL. Isn't Eric Snow still with the Cavs? LOL. I saw him sitting on the bench in a suit recently. I think Eric will make a good NBA coach.

did Stevenson call Lebron overrated??? oh wow thats just abit retarded innit. i bet Lebron is mad now, he gonna drop 50 on the wizards on saturday.