13 36.11%

12 33.33%

5 13.89%

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prodigy - HNIC Part II

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Prodigy - HNIC Part II

Ironic...the problem in the past few years was that P's lyrics fell off...but he picked good beats. Nows it has turned the other way round, he has finally picked his content and lyrics up, but the beats on this album were dissapointing.
    ill get into the tracks straight away;

1.real power is people - like the message and lyrics in this song. The beat gets VERY annoying though...and its a very weak track to start the album with (mainly due to the beat)
    2.5/5

2. The life - again, good lyrics, weak beat. Prodigy talkin about the lust for power and wealth..and the shit that comes with it. Hook is good, lyrics nice, beat weak
    3/5

3. Young Veteranns - Great song. Hardcore lyrics, grimey, heavy beat. Shoulda opened with a song like this
    rating 4.5/5

4. Illuminati - finally a good beat! really catchy, and i like the recycled rhyme for the hook. Content is good, obviously its about the secret new world order...only fault is the continuous braggin P does doesnt fit with the knowledge he drops in the same verse
    4.5/5

5. new Yitty - grimey atmospheric beat. Lyrics arent anything spectacular but holds up. Has an 'infamous' type feel to it.
    rating 4/5

6. ABC - i always liked the vibe to this song...and the video makes it even better. Hook is kinda shit...but like the vibe and lyrics go with it well (but coulda been better)
    rating 3.5/5

7. Click Clack - a chilled beat, featuring Twin. Prodigy pretty much telling us how tough he is and how weak other people are. Twin comes nice on this. Track is abit too slow for me though
    3.5/5

8. Veterans memorial II - not as nice as the first. Has a soul vibe to it. Great story telling by prodigy though. Lol @ P telling us he did a bank job with his dad and drove the get away car when he was only 8 and out drove the cops. Good song though, would be better if the hook rhymed haha
    rating 4/5

9. Field marshal P - VERY boring...lyrics are kinda sick...but that beat is lame as shit
    rating 1/5

10. 3 stacks - again, another boring shit beat that sounds like it was made quickly on 'fruity loops'. Hook is average at best. Lyrics arent special. Twin almost saved this
    rating 2/5

11. When i see you - has a cool, grimey feel to is (beat). Prodigy bragging again, disses saigon (about running at the fight). Song really doesnt have much replay value to it
    rating 2.5/5

12. Its nothing - good to hear Noyd on another Mobb project. Beat is a little above average. What really saves this song is the hook...the beat kinda switches up and the violins come in nicely...prodogy sounds abit lazy on it though.
    rating 3.5/5

13. i want out - The intro to this beat makes you think its gona be crazy...but then it switches up and it dissapoints a lil. Not saying its horrible...but coulda been alot better. Lyrics on this are good..hav does well, pacino is ok and prodigy rips it, disses saigon again (says he woulda stabbed him if he wasnt on trial) also disses sai for dropping his watch when he ran away...also disses frank lucas. Song actually grows on you
    rating 4/5

bonus track
    my world is empty - nice fucken song. Love the beat...wish more had this style to it, Prodigy dropping some knowledge and getting abit personal about his beliefs and more shit on the illuminati
    4.5/5

conclusion
    all in all...wasnt a bad album...i wouldnt recommend spending money on it though (unless you found it for cheap). If it had some better beats (like return of the mac did)...it coulda been an amazing CD. I was dissapointed...but atleast P's lyrics had gotten better...the first HNIC was ALOT better...and return of the mac is even better than this

overall rating: i cant decide between giving this a 6.5/10 or a 7/10, so you choose.

I can't trust your review because you called the beat on "The Life" weak when that joint is fucking class A.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

PRODIGAL SUN

its not class A...beat is boring

IMO the best beat on that album^^

ok, any other opinions?

i wouldnt think of downloading it unless it got a few good reviews.

Click Clack is ill. My fav off the album - it's got that Summer feeling.
    My new lifestyle brand -http://www.viberael.com @viberael

I think from a production standpoint it's pretty good, almost on par with the original HNIC...but Lyrically Prodigy has fallen off. I don't know if it was just me but he just sounded so repetitive on every track that my mind just started to blur up his words to the point where I couldn't distinguish them apart.

If Prodigy had brought his A game with the lyrics this album would have had the makings of a future classic....shame really. It's a download only for me.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

man i don't know why but, i want a twin gambino album RIGHT FUCKING NOW ... listening to hnic 2 right now..

If you like grimey Alchemist beats and "I'll throw a TV at you, crazy" P lines, you should love this...

It's not as good as Return of the Mac or HNIC1 but it still has that same dark, menacing mood of those two albums... IMO, it's a good trilogy of albums...

And as for Prodigy's "lyrical content", yes yes he's not the same guy he was on Infamous or Hell on Earth but he hasn't been that guy in YEARS... Actually, P's lyrics started to decline after HNIC1... Just listen to Genesis on that album... Fuckin insane... Still, with that being said, the shit he says nowadays is hilarious...

“Don’t be mad at me, be mad at yourself
    For being so garbage, you need to be killed.”

I mean come on... How could you not be entertained by that???

I disagree with what you said about some of the beats, especially "The Life" which is the best beat on the album...but I agree with your overall rating of around 7/10. Solid release...I'm buyin it retail myself...

and word to the guy above me, how can you not love the crazy shit P says

First impression review"

Return of the Mac was alot better.

This album is alright. Prodigy's flow seems to have regressed again (he was semi-on point on return of the mac), The beats are decent. Mediocre joint with some bangers but is mostly brought down by Prodigy's dragging rhyme style. If youre going to say so few words in a bar make sure theyre more than cliched gun talk and braggadocio, and if it is at least make it somewhat witty for christs sake!

Id fall asleep listening to it from front to back again.

85 %ER

theres about 3 songs, 4 tops i'll listen to again.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Nice album. I like it better than Return of the Mac

Is that the real tracklist? thats the version I got but I remember this other P song that was awesome and there are 2 new videos for joints that arent even on that version.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/...ey-is-a-weapon
    Last edited by J-DON; 04-22-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Veteran Member

Theres a couple songs that didnt make the cut for HNIC2. My World Is Empty Without You, some other song that will be used for the GTAIV soundtrack