0 0%

4 11.11%

13 36.11%

12 33.33%

5 13.89%

2 5.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prodigy - HNIC Part II

this album was a disappointment... how could he not put dirty new yorker and my world is empty...??? like seriously... prodigy can be dope at times... but hnic 2 definitely didn't deliver like hnic... and the album is horrendous with the beats.. after track 5-6 the album falls apart... dont be hard.. dissing niggaz if your shit isnt as correct as it should.... he should of name this album return of the .22 or something... definitely disappointed wit the contetnt.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Not feeling it as much. I have to agree with almost everyone in this room on he had the chance to shine on these beats, but his lyrics were average.

Top 5: The Life, Young Veterans, ABC (the chorus almost fucked this up), Click Clack, Veterans Memorial Part 2

Overall Grade: (2.5/5) C

Young Veterans is a fuckin awesome beat..I voted 7..I like this album....
    https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

-

I figured this new album was gonna suck because of the beats. I'll check it out later but Prodigy has disappointed me lately with his solo stuff. I didn't like Return Of The Mac. Was that a mixtape or a album?

^Official mixtape haha

I just expected the lyrics to be whatever. This is straight goon music, tough talk over tough beats and im not mad at it one bit. Still bump some joints

Quote Originally Posted by J-DON View Post
    I just expected the lyrics to be whatever. This is straight goon music, tough talk over tough beats and im not mad at it one bit. Still bump some joints
    word this shit is slamming, not as ill as the first but on the same level as "Return of the Mac" imo. slightly improved lyrics and flow on P's behalf though and i gotta say that Alchemist, Sid Roams, Havoc and Apex really came through and made a well-rounded but balanced sound for the album. real raw LP, dark grimey ish drenched in soul - NICE!!

only thing i'm fucking mad about is that i didn't get the 5-6 bonus tracks on my CD when i copped cuz they all really dope, i threw them on the iPod tho so it's all good.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

wordwordword!!!

claa7 you exactly right sun this album is pure deathly... P as usual does a immaculate job at putting across an atmosphere in his raps even if he isnt as crazy with it like he used to be, hes a different rapper now and i appreciate this style too!

he still spits his bars ill like that though, no one sounds as comfortble on the beat than P for real

This album is so fucking morbid thugh you better have some intoxicants near by to get you through the whole thing in a happily grimey mood, otherwise the you might be gasping for air half way in

-

Finally heard HNIC 2 and it sucks just like i expected.

noob. go listen to it once again.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

The Life is a hood banger...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Let me get those Bonus Cuts...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.