After winning the second installment of SOHH's beat battle competition "The Set," the production duo Wrightrax has inked a deal with Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music label.

The duo, consisting of first cousins Deuce and B. Wright, were victorious after prevailing in the DJ Toomp-judged beat battle. After garnering notoriety from their appearance, they signed a production deal with G.O.O.D. and credit "The Set" with getting the ball rolling.

"I saw the first episode of "The Set" and thought it was dope and thought that it would be a good look if we could get on there so I submitted the music and we got the call," Deuce told SOHH exclusively. "We were blessed. It really opened up a lot of doors for us," added B. Wright.

After emerging victorious, Wrightrax continued to grind, placing beats on projects for several artists including SlumVillage, Willie Northpole of Disturbing Tha Peace and R&B artist Darien Brockington. But working with G.O.O.D. Music artist Big Sean allowed the pair to meet Kanye.

"From working with Big Sean, we got a chance to get in the studio with Kanye while he was making the Graduation album and he said he wanted to sign us," said Wright.

"We were in Atlanta and he was just playing some of our tracks and in the first ten minutes, he was like 'I wanna sign ya'll'," Deuce recalls. "He was listening to our stuff and he turned it down and was like, 'how did you think to do this?' I was just in awe. I mean, it was Kanye West asking me how did I do this."

With an as-yet-untitled mixtape on the way featuring several top secret major label artists over their production, Wrightrax feels that it will be their formal introduction to the game. The duo also has their hand in the advertising world, having done music for a Daimler Chrysler campaign and also working on a spot for retail giant Wal-Mart. But even though the two have options outside of just hip-hop, they still want to make waves in the music world.

"We just wanna be one of those staple powerhouses in music. We want to be spoken of in the same sentence as Timbaland, Quincy Jones or, of course, Kanye West," says Deuce. B. Wright continued, "If it's dope, we want people to say Wrightrax made that. Not necessarily because of how the drums sound or because of some signature sound. We got bangers, head crackers, R&B baby makers. We're all over the place."
http://www.streethop.com/forums/articles/116889.html