Thread: The Game Breaks Down In Interview, Reveals Suicidal Thoughts

Default The Game Breaks Down In Interview, Reveals Suicidal Thoughts

Rapper The Game contemplated suicide in the days leading up to his March jail term, because he couldn’t handle the pressures of fame.

The "Dreams" hitmaker, real name Jayceon Taylor, was sentenced to 60 days behind bars in February, after pleading guilty to felony gun charges relating to an incident at a 2007 basketball game.

He eventually served just eight days of the sentence and was released on March 10th.

But his legal woes weren’t the only thing bothering the MC - in the upcoming June issue of XXL magazine, he reveals he was in such a dark place emotionally and physically, he almost chose to end his life.

He tells the American publication, "My life is f**ked up right now. I’m in a f**ked up place. My fans love me, and I know what they want but in a minute, I’m not gonna be physically capable of pleasing the world with music. Because my mind isn’t right. People are driving me under God’s good earth."

Later on, he adds, "Sometimes I wanna be at peace so bad that I wish myself off of the earth." And according to AOL’s The Boombox, the interview - which took place just a few days before he checked into California’s Twin Towers Correctional Facility - ends with The Game breaking down, but the tears were for both the turmoil in his personal life and the apparent demise of the rap industry.

He explains, "The tears coming from my left eye are from my s**t that I’m dealing with in my life, and the tears down my right cheek are tears for hip-hop."
    http://www.streethop.com/forums/articles/117144.html

-

Is his albums any good? I haven't heard them. I wasn't feeling the corny singles i heard from his first album so i never bothered to listen to his albums. I think he's a decent rapper but i'm guessing since he was with Interscope that most of his beats are gonna be wack. Since he's a gangsta rapper, he needs to have street hard beats and not corny beats like the 2 singles he had with 50 Cent from his first album. That's messed up he wants to commit suicide because he was afraid of going to prison. I guess prison will scare anybody and make you wanna kill yourself because prison is a ugly place with a lot of ignorant criminals who don't care about nothing. He should be glad that he's a rapper and making good money because most black men in the hood that have nothing wanna be in his shoes. Maybe his life wouldn't be so bad if he stopped hanging in the hood and stopped dealing with ignorant thugs. Rappers need to learn to learn some job careers that pay good in case their rap career doesn't last long. If they don't wanna learn other job careers, then they need to learn the music business so they can get a job working for a record company. I'm sure record company employees get paid pretty good.

The HighMindedLowLife SilvaFistz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I I think he's a decent rapper but i'm guessing since he was with Interscope that most of his beats are gonna be wack.
    i agree there is songs on mixtapes that are better than his commercial stuff.

game is a corny gimmick

TheWolf

The tears coming from my left eye are because I had to sit through Games first album, and the tears down my right cheek are because I had to sit through his second album.

Game fucking sucks.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Is his albums any good?
    Both his two albums were good(beats, etc.) but lyrically he always dumbs his album shit down for some reason.

He goes real hard on mixtapes, thats why thats my dude