Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad concert experience last night

Veteran Member

-Something I noticed immediately is that Meth and RZA were not there. Perhpas they had their reasons, but if a show it to be advertised as "Wu-Tang Clan," I expect all living members to be there.

Its called Advertisement, its what they use on billboards & TV etc to pull you in for your money

Quote Originally Posted by mowbs View Post
    -The sound was FUCKING AWFUL!! I could barely hear the beat. My friends and I had to look at each other for a few seconds when a song came on to figure out which one it was. This was the most annoying element of all. On top of all that other shit, the whole night was just garbage. We were all very pissed off. We got ripped off and that's the truth.

Everyone's delivery, especially Rae's, sounded great. The voice mics weren't a problem. The system in the place was arranged poorly and the beats were barely audible.
    --the sound is always harsh fucked at nearly any hip hop show.!

FRESH FISH

The Wu can be hit or miss at concerts. I've been lucky that most of the ones I've been to have been exceptionally good. I've seen footage of a lot that looked and sounded horrible though. Of course there's the one's where some don't decide to show at all. There's only been two times I've been disappointed, At the Hammertsein in NYC this year the sound system was horrible and Ghost was pretty shitty when I saw him with Brother Ali and Rakim.

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonearm Terrorwrist View Post
    atleast you saw them period ... theyll never come out here

from what i read theyre one of the shittiest shows to see ... all i read is negative feed back ... anyone actually seen a GOOD wu show ??
    I've been too numerous Wu Clan shows and solo shows and they have always been good. They rocked Irving Plaza in New York just recently.

Probably the best hip hop show without all the fancy stage theatrics (i.e. Jay-z, Kanye West, etc)

TheWolf

I haven't actually read through this thread.

But, I watched arecent performance on YouTube.

It sucked.

No one wants to be there or put any effort in. If a rock band turned up and delivered the same level of energy and performance, they would get some serious hate!

i went to the rock the bells in mansfield, mass and the wu concert in worcester and they were both dope as hell..rock the bells ghost was absent and the one in worcester rza was but streetlife was there so it was dope..my only complaint about any of them is the overwhelming presence of long haired skateboarding kids and punk kids..that knew none of the words or the members..at one point in worcester ghost stepped up to do his verse on winter warz and the kid in front of me screamed to his buddy 'thats fuckin rza, i love that guy'

AIM = mbatLyricipher
    www.myspace.com/lyricipher