Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike D'antoni fired.

Bryon Scott is laughin' his ass off right now, Take that Kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    so who's out there who's gonna do a better job than avery?
    IDK...someone who is more offensive oriented...Maybe Mike D'Antoni if he gets fired. If not then I can't think of anyone who can make that team better. I think Mark Cuban was just looking for someone to blame for their first round exit. =/

I think that Donn Nelson will get the head coaching job.

^^^ Don Nelson's Son, not the Head Coach of the Warriors.

they've lost because of lack of defense, they have enough offense. hiring MD isnt gonna give them what they need.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

It's complete bullshit.

You know why the Suns lost? (and usual always do?)

Because Steve Nash once again in a big game faded in to nothingness. Steve Nash jacked up a 4/16 that would've made Danny Ferry proud. 1/6 from downtown. ONE Steal... ONE Assist... And FIVE Turnovers. Not just Five Turnovers. But Three with 6:31 to go (two of which were turned over with 1:31 to go) and those 5 turnovers don't include the pass he missed from Raja Bell that he clearly got a hand on when Bruce Bowen came in the game with about 25 seconds left.

On a night where neither big man could dominate (and Shaq getting hacked for 20 FT's), Steve Nash had the perfect opportunity to go off. But he couldn't, because he can't, and the Spurs locked his ass down like they have twice in the past, and the Mavs did in 05-06. This guy should've never been MVP of this league.

If Dirk's a choker and is the scapegoat of Dallas -- this guy Nash needs to be held to the same standards. Two time MVP we're talking about here. And the Suns ARE Nash's team.

I feel Avery got fucked in the ass with no lube either. He's got a choker (and a toker) on his team too. But now Mavs fans will forget the past few years (as will Suns fans) because ``the coachs were the problem the entire time``...

Having Shaq in the roster took away Phoenix's full court run-n-gun offense, they resorted to a slow-paced half-court offense to fit Shaq's "abilties".

Rick Pitino? He's trash in the NBA, and Boston fans would vouch for me on this. Mark Cuban better not even dial the first digit.

Veteran Member

knicks need him + derrick rose
    The, U. NY Knicks. NY Jets. NY Mets. > Ur teams = The Truth

it would be dumb for D'antoni or avery to get fired now. they both went up against teams that were just flatout better than they were. hardly a reason to blow the teams up. both teams have new mid season acquisitions and had good regular seasons. give it another year to see if it can gel and get better.
    You obviously know nothing of NBA basketball or its politics. Both of those teams were in the top end of the playoff bracket in the last few years, give both those coaches another year and their playoff runs are over. Dallas is just a big mess period, and the Suns are a speed-boat with a 200-ton anchor. This isn't the NCAA, you don't give coaches an extra year to see if they can turn it around especially if they were already good and have gotten progressively worse over the past three years.

D'antoni will probably go to Dallas, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kerr himself coaches the Suns.

But D'antoni has not gotten fired... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    You obviously know nothing of NBA basketball or its politics. Both of those teams were in the top end of the playoff bracket in the last few years, give both those coaches another year and their playoff runs are over. Dallas is just a big mess period, and the Suns are a speed-boat with a 200-ton anchor. This isn't the NCAA, you don't give coaches an extra year to see if they can turn it around especially if they were already good and have gotten progressively worse over the past three years.
    you obvious dont know what just happened. they went up against teams that were just better than they were. they werent gonna beat the teams they faced.

who's gonna do a better job with what these teams have? steve kerr???? mike D'antoni will have dallas be what they already are, an offensive minded team that cant defend.

you dont make changes just to say you did, you do it if its actually gonna make you better.
    Last edited by THE W; 04-30-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

you obvious dont know what just happened. they went up against teams that were just better than they were. they werent gonna beat the teams they faced.

who's gonna do a better job with what these teams have? steve kerr???? mike D'antoni will have dallas be what they already are, an offensive minded team that cant defend.

you dont make changes just to say you did, you do it if its actually gonna make you better.
    I think I DO know what just happened, I picked the Suns and Mavs to win their series just based on experience alone. Let me ask you, do you remember a few years back (probably not) Rick Carlisle got fired after winning the Eastern Conference? That's NBA politics. You are thinking of NCAA politics. These coaches have a very small window to prove themselves and an even shorter window to stay on top.

The one thing you are actually right about is the fact that nobody will do a better job, but this is because these are franchises with the doom switch flipped, only Dallas with Cuban's bottomless pockets can turn it around quickly. The Suns traded their future away in Marion as Nash and Shaq are clearly ready for the retirement home.

The year the Pistons won the Eastern Conference, they won the Championship. So that was Larry Brown, not Carlisle.