Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Hamann BMW M3 Info & Pics...

that porsche panamera is soo fukin sexy from the front. but right at this moment im writing a letter to Porsche so they can change the back. i mean did they get 2 different guys to design it. da fuk. the front is a highjack of the carrera Gt, which is in my top 5 most beautiful cars. and the back jus looks like some sort of mitsubishi.

GENERAL WISE

i like the back, and the front reminds me of the CGT. Will probably be realy expensive...like 100+ grand.

Porsche has done the 911 design for a while now, i think they really perfected it with the 996 and 997. It is reliable (even compared to ordinary cars), efficient in power, and good mpg/eco-friendlier than rivals. The only problem, 80grand for an optioned 997 is a lot.

armynavyairforcemarines Sgt Holly Wood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post

the front.
    whoooo!! that shit is fuckin fire man!

Why is Porsche making a 4 door saloon. they are totally destroying their brand name with these new cars. its not the right direction.

When i work with Honda F1 on my university final year project. im gonna see if i can get some inside info on if they will release a new NSX. i gonna use their tools to build a new NSX. Honda are gay for cutting that car out.

Prince Rai

Han, u soo should have come to Brunel!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
    Han, u soo should have come to Brunel!!! :P
    Im happy with Imperial man. the only problem is that there is an overload of posh kids who drive range rovers, and arab kids who drive bentleys. while i got an oyster card.

GENERAL WISE

This fucker is gonna be the next american dream.
    ZR-1
    6.2 liter @ 640hp, that 100+ hp/liter is a rarity in american cars...

and it's gonna cost $100k which is nothing in the super car bracket.

they say it can do a 7:20 Nuringburgring time which blows a lot of competition away.

GENERAL WISE

Awards for 2008's best engines...
    From e90post.com

"Sub 1-Liter: Toyota 1.0L three-cylinder
    1.0L - 1.4L: VW 1.4L TSI Twincharger
    1.4L - 1.8L: BMW-PSA 1.6L Turbo
    1.8L - 2.0L: VW/Audi 2.0L Turbo FSI
    2.0L - 2.5L: Subaru 2.5L Turbo
    2.5L - 3.0L: BMW 3.0L twin-turbo inline-six
    3.0L - 4.0L: BMW 4.0L V8
    Above 4.0L : BMW 5.0L V10

Link to the complete results and point tally: http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/categories.html

Best New Engine of 2008 went to BMW’s 2.0L twin-turbo diesel (123d). Green Engine of the Year 2008 was awarded to Toyota 1.5L Hybrid Synergy Drive (Prius). But perhaps the most surprising was Nissan’s absence from the ceremony, with rival Porsche stamping its authority on the awards. The new GT-R’s motor was overlooked, in favour of the Porsche 3.6L Turbo (911 Turbo, 911 GT2), which picked up Best Performance Engine 2008.

For ten years now, the BMW Group has led the world’s most prestigious engine competition. The result in 2008: Awards for four BMW engines and a MINI power unit.

Munich / Stuttgart. With six awards for five engines gained at this year’s “International Engine of the Year Awards”, BMW has successfully defended its position as the world’s leading manufacturer of efficient high-performance power units. For the second time in succession, the 3-liter inline six engine with Twin Turbo and High Precision Injection has won the overall ranking in this most significant international engine competition. In addition, the 300 hp engine employed in the BMW 3 Series and 5 Series, the BMW 1 Series Coupe and Convertible, as well as the new BMW X6, repeated last year’s victory in the 2.5 to 3-liter engine category.

Only one engine had previously ever succeeded in repeating overall victory at the “International Engine of the Year Awards”: the 5-litre V10 high-revving engine employed in the BMW M5 Sedan, M6 Coupe and M6 Convertible received top honors in 2005 and 2006. This year the 500 hp high-end power unit won the “Above 4-liter” category. BMW M GmbH was successful in posting another winner: the 414 hp V8 engine in the new BMW M3 won the category for engines in the 3 to 4 liter category. Furthermore, the 2-liter four-cylinder diesel with Variable Twin Turbo technology employed in the BMW 123d received the award for “Best New Engine” of the 2008. And the 1.6-liter four cylinder with Twin Scroll Turbocharger and direct gas injection employed in the MINI Cooper S managed to repeat last year’s win in the 1.4 to 1.8 liter class.

For the first time in the history of the competition, the title “Best New Engine of the Year” has been awarded to a diesel engine. The 204 hp four-cylinder diesel with Variable Twin Turbo has earned this award due to a unique combination of performance and efficiency. As the world’s first full-aluminum diesel engine, it delivers specific output of more than 100 hp per liter of displacement. At the same time, in the BMW 123d, it delivers average fuel consumption of 5.2 liters/100 km in an EU test cycle, equivalent to 45 miles/US gallon, and a CO2 emission level of 138 grams per km. This renders it a fine example of the BMW EfficientDynamics development strategy in action.

With its current win of six trophies, the BMW Group continues to dominate the engine competition which has been held now for ten years. The repeated success of the Twin Turbo inline six engine is the sixth overall victory for the company since the foundation of the “International Engine of the Year Awards” in 1999. The bandwidth of the BMW Group’s currently successful engines is also remarkable. They range from the 172 hp four cylinder of the MINI Cooper S to the two high-revving power units produced by the BMW M GmbH."

^BMW really deserves its huge market share among luxury cars and performance cars.

Dat Bmw, Porche.....err, nvm da 4 door porche....big fuck up, And Vette Is Fuckin Sickness!!
    *goes To Supercars.net To See What I Been Missing Out On*

cheers for the input guys...

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL WISE View Post

This fucker is gonna be the next american dream.
    ZR-1
    6.2 liter @ 640hp, that 100+ hp/liter is a rarity in american cars...

and it's gonna cost $100k which is nothing in the super car bracket.

they say it can do a 7:20 Nuringburgring time which blows a lot of competition away.
    id be impressed with the engine if it didnt have a turbo charger or a supercharger.

only a few car companies can make 100+ hp/litre without using a turbo charger. variable valve timing technology is really hard and expensive. BMW, Ferrari, Toyota and Honda are the only companies who can do it. BMW engines own all though. I mean ppl forget the Mclaren F1 engine is BMW. that car was designed to do 180 mph. no other company could make an engine that met that specification. then BMW come up with a gold plated 627bhp monster. they can easily make a 1000 bhp engine. but BMW are becoming too conservative.

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    BMW are becoming too conservative.
    thats true.

if we look at the market, there has been less veyronesque type bhp motors and cars because the market is trapped in this environment and "fuel is too expensive" mode. its a shame.

ahh that BM is dope.. you all seen the new 1 series on the road yet?