Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fruity Loops... Help!

Default Re: Fruity Loops... Help!

Quote Originally Posted by The Eighth Sonn
    What are plugins?

Peace
    better yet where do you get them
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

PRODIGAL SUN

Thumbs up Re: Fruity Loops... Help!

What up! Its my 1st post on here. I am currently using Fruity Loops 5 Studio Producer Edition. I have been using FL for 5 yrs and this 1 is the best that i have used. Highly recommended.

Of Beatmivz Produkshun

Fruity Loops - even the producer edition is extremely basic , If you used it for even a week you would see how limited your creativity will be . Download the demo of reason 3.0 from propellerheads.se , it is a lot more expensive to buy a full version of but it is a full software studio and I doubt whether anyone will ever us it to a point where the their creativity is stiffled by the software , along with the rewire function which allows compatibility with a huge number of other programs (in addition to this you will almost definately need a midi controller , software interface "keyboards" are around but - they suck)
    The long and short of it is - if you just want to muck around FL might be the go , if you seriously want to make serious music , there are far better programs around , if anyone want any links to some good software feel free to hit me up.

[QUOTE=MithBeatz]Fruity Loops - even the producer edition is extremely basic , If you used it for even a week you would see how limited your creativity will be/QUOTE]

i don't agree at all its not limited if the person behind the equipment is creative u can make beats with anything ive been using it for years ive never been limited with it and i make 2 bar loops/cinematic style beats/slow trip hop. u can make anything with it use some vst plugins with it and u will be well away

Of Beatmivz Produkshun

Quote Originally Posted by dark side

i don't agree at all its not limited if the person behind the equipment is creative u can make beats with anything ive been using it for years ive never been limited with it and i make 2 bar loops/cinematic style beats/slow trip hop. u can make anything with it use some vst plugins with it and u will be well away
    Firstly , mad props for not jumpin down my throat - I should have pointed out that this is merely an opinion , the vst plugins are vital to creativity . My opinion is that using a few loops overlapped , synced , triggered in itself is limited . If you are familiar with reason , I can illustrate my point better in that using fruity loops is like making a song with the dr rex loop player and ignoring all the other points , and admittedly some of my better tracks have come from the simplicty of simply using loops or the very basic other options .
    When i make a track i know how i want it to sound with fruity loops I can't often do this and have to make sacrifices - the same goes for reason , kontact ,cubase etc. but far less often

cool man whatever works for u ive used reason as well and its dope

Of Beatmivz Produkshun

I just checked your sound click beats and they are very nice so i certainly wouldn't diss fruity loops.

PRODIGAL SUN

One thing about fruity loops that i dislike , that if u choose 8 bars, the whole song has to 8 bars(as far as i know u cant change it), knowatimsayin? It rlly fucks up whast i wanna do. cough

^^^^what do u mean exactly ?..........if u mean the bar length of each step sequence u can change that with the producer edition just choose how long u want each step sequence to be ner the top of each sequence

over rates mathematics

Quote Originally Posted by rzarazorrzarazorsharp
    thats bullshit....i use fruity loops...and my shit don't sound like just a loop.....you can do alot and you don't always need another program to chop stuff up. I've been using it for 3 years now and if your on a dsl modem i can send it to you through aim....I have Producers edition.

www.myspace.com/geothegodofdiction
    you missunderstood man. what I normally do is create a basic melody and loop it in another program so I can use that for another verse. BUT I don't just use that one melody for the whole song, I switch it up with another melody I did from fruity loops with the same basic drum pattern. basically when I normally make a beat it's around 2+ fruity loop saves that I transfer to cool edit to loop.
    now that's how I produce, I'm not saying your way of producing is bad or anything but I'm just telling you how I produce.

Geo the God Of Diction rzarazorrzarazorsharp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwak
    you missunderstood man. what I normally do is create a basic melody and loop it in another program so I can use that for another verse. BUT I don't just use that one melody for the whole song, I switch it up with another melody I did from fruity loops with the same basic drum pattern. basically when I normally make a beat it's around 2+ fruity loop saves that I transfer to cool edit to loop.
    now that's how I produce, I'm not saying your way of producing is bad or anything but I'm just telling you how I produce.
    oh my bad....i hope you didn't think i got mad or something....i tend to curse regularly and i understand that you might have interpreted that as me being upset

PEACE.

P.S. i would have to agree with darkside...theres a shitload you can do with fruity loops.

FRESH FISH

What's the best program to make beats? Fruity Loops seems like the easiest but the sounds seem more suited for techno/dance. I haven't really tested Acid and Reasons.

Some opinions would be nice.

over rates mathematics

I would still go for fl because of the import abilities.