Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMX arrested for drugs, animal cruelity

Default DMX arrested for drugs, animal cruelity

Rapper DMX arrested for drugs, animal cruelty

May 9, 2008, 3:42 pm PDT

Associated Press

PHOENIX - DMX was arrested on drug and animal-cruelty charges following an overnight raid on the rapper's house Friday, authorities said. The 37-year-old rapper, whose given name is Earl Simmons, initially tried to barricade himself in his bedroom but emerged when a SWAT team entered his north Phoenix home during the 3 a.m. raid, sheriff's spokesman Capt. Paul Chagolla said.

The arrest and search warrants stemmed from indictments for felony drug possession and misdemeanor animal cruelty charges. He made an initial court appearance Friday where bail was sent at $7,500, said his local attorney, Cameron Morgan. Morgan said he expected bail to be posted quickly.

The indictment stems from an August search of the rapper's home prompted by reports of dogs being abused on his property. Detectives seized 12 pit bull dogs, dug up remains of three others and found marijuana on the rural property.

During Friday's raid, officials said more drugs were found and weapons seized and additional charges were possible.

Simmons' New York lawyer, Murray Richman, said he told his client to expect such a raid after his efforts to make DMX available to law enforcement were rebuffed.

"I anticipated it, I explained to my client what was going to happen," Richman said. He said he believed evidence did not support the charges of animal cruelty, which has been a major focus of Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

"I think that the animal cruelty is not going to be able to be established," Richman said, "and I think that this is Sheriff Joe's moment."

A statement from Arpaio said someone of DMX means "has no excuse for not providing proper care for his animals."

Sheriff's deputies made a series of visits to the rapper's home in August after receiving reports of neglected pit bulls. They found a caretaker who had been hired to look after the animals.

Richman said DMX was not in Arizona in the weeks leading up to the initial raid.

The rapper has had previous run-ins with the law, including an arrest Tuesday by the Arizona Department of Public Safety after speed-enforcement cameras captured him going 114 mph on a suburban Phoenix freeway.

In June 2006, Scottsdale police cited him for carrying a concealed handgun outside a nightclub.

He also served 70 days in jail in 2005 for violating his parole following a 2004 incident in which he posed as an undercover federal agent and crashed his sport utility vehicle through a security gate at Kennedy International Airport.

DMX recorded the 1999 hit single "Party Up (Up in Here)." His last album, "Year of the Dog ... Again," was released last year.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Cunt.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Nice mugshot.

Wu Vatican

that dude could use a long stint in the pen.

get him to clean his ass the fuck up.

cracked out in that pic for shore.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

VZA

X has gone down hill.

But The Stove Was Off... 6² Chambaz's Avatar

Rappaz R 'N Dainja. HELL NO!! Rappers are idiots

the world is so stupid , u all believe everything u read .
    thats why i dont give a shit about anybody this days
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

Nah not everything we read, no one believes a word you say.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

I think you guys oughta read a book entitled EARL by DMX. It really shows how messed his life is. I talks about his experiences with drugs, the battle with K-Solo. His first time robbing and how he met his wife. Personally i think X needs a positive influence in his life. Because after his grandmother die it went downhill from there.

X is an idiot.

TheWolf

He may have had a hard childhood?

But what did dogs do to him? Did he step in some shit, wearing his fresh Reebok Pumps in fromt of the cool kids at school?

^^^^Not to mention hard life or not the guy became one of the biggest hip hop stars of all time respected by both commerical and underground heads for awhile and threw it all away, he's a straight up moron.

again....probly been done by the pigs more times than he had hot meals
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

its dark and hell is hot, and flesh of my flesh are still classics. so i dnt care wat X does now.

Are you saying he can be cruel to animals as he made some good albums? How far would your freedom pass to him extend?