Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Taoism...Anyone?

I love taoism, to me its more of a school of thought/philosophy then religion, its concepts are logical, and there truest to the ultimate perception/plane of reality.

The view that human and nature are 1 an inseperable entity depending on each other to mantain the perfect balance of existence.

The view of ying and yang, the two opposing forces of nature and energy, negative-positive, light-dark and good-bad, and that these forces must be utilized evenly in order to keep balance in our souls and on earth.

Thew that chi/qi is the energy/lifeforce binds all humans and can be utilized to achieve human potential in all forms mental, physical and spiritual
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

^^^^
    i like how you phrase that.

i've been interested in taoism for a minute now. Sunny recommended a book by the name of Everyday Tao. I was wondering if you or anyone for that matter could recommend more books i have read tao te ching but the book that i read i believe is sort of the translator of the book own interpretation.

anyone interested in the understanding of the i ching get the book:

its superb

Where does the Yin Yang Symbol come from?

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/yinyang.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Allahs_Disciple View Post
    anyone here knows about taoism or studies it?
    ohh me me me

i'm one part Shintoist, one part taoist, one part shaminist, and one part Luciferic pagan

its about respecting the flow of nature and living with it not against it
    big ups to the homie Zhu Yin
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

care to contribute???

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Dane View Post
    ohh me me me

i'm one part Shintoist, one part taoist, one part shaminist, and one part Luciferic pagan

its about respecting the flow of nature and living with it not against it
    big ups to the homie Zhu Yin

Taoism consists of philosophy, religion, and practice. The Tao is the mysterious force that guides all things, it is what came before heaven and earth, and from it comes all of creation through the mixing of yin and yang or the male and female energies. It cannot be understood by the mind, but it can be experienced and known intuitively. Everything emerges from the Tao, and eventually everything returns to it - we are the waves and it is the ocean.

The philosophical side of Taoism is about understanding different ways in which we can live a more harmonious life, by flowing with life rather than against it. The Tao Te Ching emphasizes virtues such as humility, flexibility, softness, non competitiveness, limiting one's desires, and becoming like a child again -- which leads a person to living a content and happy life.

The practical side of Taoism includes things such as Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and Taoist Yoga. These are ways of getting in touch with the life force energy, Chi, which is present in each and every thing. Taoists believe that sickness is caused by blocked chi in the body, and that the optimal condition is to have our chi flowing through our body unobstructed, and the aim of Chi Kung is to guide and circulate this Chi through the body so the overall functioning of one's system is strengthened and enhanced. Tai Chi is considered a soft martial art applied with the internal power of Chi, which applies the laws of yin and yang in its actions. Taoist Yoga is concerned with attaining spiritual immortality/enlightenment and longevity.

I probably wouldn't go into the religious side of it, but I might mention the two common schools - Highest Clarity which was popular in the Tang dynasty who's emphasis was on personal cultivation and spiritual development, and the school of Complete Perfection which is a monastic school that synchronizes teachings of Daoist cultivation of the body, Buddhist meditation, and Confucist ethics, and practices Inner Alchemy to attain spiritual immortality.

Although that would all have to be said over a tea or coffee . In short, Taoism is about finding harmony and balance in one's life, and cultivating the qualities that help a person attain this balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Allahs_Disciple View Post
    Taoism consists of philosophy, religion, and practice. The Tao is the mysterious force that guides all things, it is what came before heaven and earth, and from it comes all of creation through the mixing of yin and yang or the male and female energies. It cannot be understood by the mind, but it can be experienced and known intuitively. Everything emerges from the Tao, and eventually everything returns to it - we are the waves and it is the ocean.

The philosophical side of Taoism is about understanding different ways in which we can live a more harmonious life, by flowing with life rather than against it. The Tao Te Ching emphasizes virtues such as humility, flexibility, softness, non competitiveness, limiting one's desires, and becoming like a child again -- which leads a person to living a content and happy life.

The practical side of Taoism includes things such as Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and Taoist Yoga. These are ways of getting in touch with the life force energy, Chi, which is present in each and every thing. Taoists believe that sickness is caused by blocked chi in the body, and that the optimal condition is to have our chi flowing through our body unobstructed, and the aim of Chi Kung is to guide and circulate this Chi through the body so the overall functioning of one's system is strengthened and enhanced. Tai Chi is considered a soft martial art applied with the internal power of Chi, which applies the laws of yin and yang in its actions. Taoist Yoga is concerned with attaining spiritual immortality/enlightenment and longevity.

I probably wouldn't go into the religious side of it, but I might mention the two common schools - Highest Clarity which was popular in the Tang dynasty who's emphasis was on personal cultivation and spiritual development, and the school of Complete Perfection which is a monastic school that synchronizes teachings of Daoist cultivation of the body, Buddhist meditation, and Confucist ethics, and practices Inner Alchemy to attain spiritual immortality.

Although that would all have to be said over a tea or coffee . In short, Taoism is about finding harmony and balance in one's life, and cultivating the qualities that help a person attain this balance.
    also true but who wants to type that much
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

lol i learn a tad bit from Sunny(cool ass brother) and alot about Taoism i learn from research

i study that and Buddhism for a short while haven't found a website where i can do a q&a for Confucianism like i want to

Confucianism is not a religion but a guideline to family values

Taoism is some of the greatest shit in the world. Seriously, it's so deep that most people can't even grasp it. I recommend not only the Tao Te Ching, but also, "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality".
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    Taoism is some of the greatest shit in the world. Seriously, it's so deep that most people can't even grasp it. I recommend not only the Tao Te Ching, but also, "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality".

echo that

tao te ching is one of my favorite books

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

I tink tao ism is dope !!!
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    mad Thanx Journalz,

Dope Thread Allahz Thanxz
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

Taoism, never heard of it before but I assume it's about the path one takes in life?