Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How did WuLatino- MANGANI become a mod?

Thumbs up

That's besides the point. I didn't make mention of people not supporting Wu Latino- I could give a fuck. I'll get my respect either way- whether it's from internet geeks in Scotland who think they know hip hop, or from the street. What I'm referring to is the blatant racism represented on this website. Not liking the idea of Wu Latino is one thing, talkin shit about Latinos in general and expressing your hate is something else.

Believe me, it takes more than a clown with some ninja turtles on his avatar to stir me up, but when these same little boys are on here decrying aspects of hip hop as if it is #1- their culture, and #2- as if they really "know" or as if their opinion "really" matters in the greater hip hop culture. I was born and raised into this, I didn't learn it by listening to and become a superfanatic of one or two representatives of the overall culture and music. What I am seeing here is a self-proclaimed ownership of something that is more of a part of the lives of those with a more open mind, than the comic book fanatics I find on here criticizing everything from what Rza does with his free time, to how ODB is a dumbass for dying, and what color panties their momma wore when they were conceived.

I could give a fuck if the WuLatino subforum was deleted. What I don't like is the fact that if any of you met any of us in person you'd tuck your dick between your legs before you had the nuts to express the same ignorance you express from the security of your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by WuLatino- MANGANI View Post
    When I joined this website, I did not foresee the rampant racism and ignorance that saturates it's members minds. I am about my music, and that is what I joined to represent. Unfortunately some people feel some sort of empowerment in belittling that which they do not identify with, understand, and/or "like". This isn't the sort of ignorance that one expects to encounter by being associated with the Wu. Here I have read the most defaming remarks regarding members of the Wu Tang Clan, their music, their personal lives, Wu Tang Latino, our music, our ethnicity, and our association with the Wu. Seriously I expected more from "fans" of the greatest (and only) Hip Hop conglomerate on the planet...

That's besides the point. I didn't make mention of people not supporting Wu Latino- I could give a fuck. I'll get my respect either way- whether it's from internet geeks in Scotland who think they know hip hop, or from the street. What I'm referring to is the blatant racism represented on this website. Not liking the idea of Wu Latino is one thing, talkin shit about Latinos in general and expressing your hate is something else.

Believe me, it takes more than a clown with some ninja turtles on his avatar to stir me up, but when these same little boys are on here decrying aspects of hip hop as if it is #1- their culture, and #2- as if they really "know" or as if their opinion "really" matters in the greater hip hop culture. I was born and raised into this, I didn't learn it by listening to and become a superfanatic of one or two representatives of the overall culture and music. What I am seeing here is a self-proclaimed ownership of something that is more of a part of the lives of those with a more open mind, than the comic book fanatics I find on here criticizing everything from what Rza does with his free time, to how ODB is a dumbass for dying, and what color panties their momma wore when they were conceived.

I could give a fuck if the WuLatino subforum was deleted. What I don't like is the fact that if any of you met any of us in person you'd tuck your dick between your legs before you had the nuts to express the same ignorance you express from the security of your PC.
    truth.
    weep for lost babylon,
    the bleeding god, the forgotten sheep slaughtered in a forest of evil fog
    bordered by a sea of faults,
    fleeing mobs turn to see the holocaust and become kings and queens of salt
    screaming shots, police and chalk,
    wingless fallen demons walking among us as people...

-.5Kut

'

The Euro kids have fucked up this site with adding their two cents to everything as if they are experts. Although RZA branching out to every continent and culture could be to blame. I dont even know what to think at this point.

Mangani if you want a serious audience I recommend ChamberMusik. This site and that one are like night and day with the content and feedback from users.

Mangani has been a mod of that forum since the middle of February. At least they have a representative, thats a good start.

I'm getting tired of reading the issues discussed above. I'm dropping a sticky thread in the wu-chamber in the near future that should cover on all the bullshit going back and forth like this all the time. Not about mods but about artists and discussions about artists and their work.

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my thinking...

I never been to Chambermusik, nor did I find this site lookin for an audience. I did a search on "wu latino", like I do almost everyday cause I want to know what people on the net are saying and/or hearing about us. I gotta keep tabs on the label cause I got my own funding, and they say they want to do the marketing. When I found the Wu Latino forum in here and read all the misrepresentations, misconceptions, and criticisms I reached out to Tomb so there'd be someone to set the record straight and keep the forum on topic and in our favor... which I believe is the purpose of a dedicated forum.

I brought in some other cats from the label, including the VP of Operations who posted a few comments, but they all left when they realized this was just not a friendly environment for the Wu, let alone Wu Latino. I'm a stubborn muthafucka so it's gonna take more than a few uneducated remarks to get me off the site, especially when, in the very least, the admin (Tomb) supports the label with news, etc.

Funny thing is I think Wu Latino has had more recent interactions with the Rza, and other members of the Clan, than the Clan has with each other. The Needlebreakers DJ Squad, started by Wu Latino, is the only DJ Squad presently representing Wu Tang/Wu Tang Latino. We are breaking their music (and I say we because I write reports, emails, etc. for them), collaborating with Clan members, placing their music in mixtapes, doing remixes, etc. They are showing us love, and we show it back. I thought this site was just an extension of that collaboration, and the members of this site would at least embrace the entrepeneurship of the label, if not the music itself... but like I said- instead what I have found is outright rejection of our music not for the content or quality, but because we are Latino.

Another funny ass thing about that is I am Afro-Latino. I'm from Loiza, PR where we still play congas, climb palm trees, fish for lobster and conch, and do other crazy jungle ass nigga type shit (hence the name "Mangani"... look it up). I am black as any nigga in here dissing latinos, and to some effect "blacker" in the sense that I still hold the traditions of the slaves that were brought to Puerto Rico (to some extent). None of my posts try to gain fans by convincing- if anyone needs any convincing it's only because you haven't heard my music, or you don't understand it. I have been very clear about my objectives on this site, and that is to keep ignorant niggas informed. I could care less if you listen to my music, dislike it, and talk shit about me- as long as you listen. I have called out wack ass rappers on this site that have dissed my music, and they just disappeared (not callin no names, but if you check the sub-forum you'll see exactly what I mean). Others have become friends, and we have plans for projects together. But overall all I have seen is hatred for the Wu Tang Clan and almost everyone affiliated. How can I take this personal??? I have had some interesting conversations with "people" about this site...

Glad you could make it. Welcome aboard
    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

Thanks. Love the video!

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

We All must be more responsive to certain antagonists

I'm here to support the Clan and its affiliates.

'

I do find it strange that we have members who don't support or know anything wu posting here. Its puzzling, how they've ended up here.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

hhahaha...maybe them war meetings led them here

*Must delete

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Wu-Tang Scotia.
    hahahaha now that would be funny

When I joined this website, I did not foresee the rampant racism and ignorance that saturates it's members minds. I am about my music, and that is what I joined to represent. Unfortunately some people feel some sort of empowerment in belittling that which they do not identify with, understand, and/or "like". This isn't the sort of ignorance that one expects to encounter by being associated with the Wu. Here I have read the most defaming remarks regarding members of the Wu Tang Clan, their music, their personal lives, Wu Tang Latino, our music, our ethnicity, and our association with the Wu. Seriously I expected more from "fans" of the greatest (and only) Hip Hop conglomerate on the planet...
    I have'nt been racist to ya once mangani, i only asked how you became a mod. I then posted a funny comment about wu-scotsman so don't tar everyone with the same brush...you seem to have a superiority complex bro.

theres two types of wu-forum users...ones who take the piss, have a laugh and enjoy wu-tang...the others ones are over-anxious, whiney, bla bla bla people who think cos they have a serious point, we all should listen.

I have to laugh when I see people who think because their black, that they have the right to understand hip/hop more...your basically doing the same as the white racists from the 50's so your just as bad...

ok this conversation is done...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Fermi Paradox View Post
    I have'nt been racist to ya once mangani, i only asked how you became a mod. I then posted a funny comment about wu-scotsman so don't tar everyone with the same brush...you seem to have a superiority complex bro.
    -Noone says you have. If you read the forums (or paid attention to what you were reading) you would know exactly what I was talking about. Funny how you were the only one who took the comment to mean themselves when I was obviously referring to people on the WuLatino sub-forum, and OTHER posts besides on this thread. The comments I made about THIS thread are obviously about this thread, and others about others. You are the only one confused, and how do I have a superiority complex by pointing out YOUR ignorant remarks?

Quote Originally Posted by Fermi Paradox View Post
    I have to laugh when I see people who think because their black, that they have the right to understand hip/hop more...your basically doing the same as the white racists from the 50's so your just as bad...
    -It's funny to read the opinion of comic book reading internet euro-geeks who think they have a valid opinion on American culture, hip hop, or Latin American culture. You obviously have no idea what I was trying to say because rather than reading and understanding what I said you immediately put up your defense mechanisms and took what I said as a personal attack. You and I already had a conversation about why I am a mod, and I was mostly attacking those who responded negatively, besides your OWN ignorant remarks even after our conversation, and those of other people who have questioned the existence of Wu Latino, and have leveled other attacks against me, my label, and my music for anything BUT the music. If you took the "uneducated" remarks personally, it is because you tend to make uneducated remarks. Noone singled you out, yet you singled yourself out. Get the point?

And since you brought it up, you claiming blacks don't have a predisposition to understand hip hop culture is tantamount to saying whites aren't more likely to understand celtic culture. Of course one is predisposed to understand a culture which sprung from their own peoples, and it is completely insulting to anyone's intelligence to imply otherwise. Furthermore, I wasn't comparing "blacks" in general to being predisposed over "whites" in general, rather myself- as being BORN INTO the culture, an active part of the culture since an early age, and an artist of that culture in comparison to an internet geek from Scotland... if you don't see my predisposition for "understanding" the culture, it is only because... well, you don't understand the culture...
    Last edited by WuLatino- MANGANI; 05-27-2008 at 05:19 AM.

ehm im new to this forum so i cant say about the latino racism on here but can someone explain whats the prob with 'euro geeks' reading comics and doin hiphop? Im Italian and I drawed comics when i lived in the states, and im obviously on this site coz i like the W style, so it would be nice not to generalize. Most of the American people on another forum didnt even listen to my shit coz im 'european', so ignorance is everywhere...whatever skin color you have

peace

g from jtag

^^ Peace to Italy..
    https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

Quote Originally Posted by JTag View Post
    can someone explain whats the prob with 'euro geeks' reading comics and doin hiphop?
    -Sure, I'm the one that said it. There's nothing wrong with "internet euro geek comic book fans of hip hop", what I have beef with is "racist internet euro geek pseudo hip hop expert wu tang hating comic book fans". The ones that dominate this site and make everyone relevant IRRELEVANT in their own book, all the while being irrelevant to the overall hip hop culture.

There are many more things I said, and I will not apologize for being made sick to my stomach by euro geeks claiming to be hip hop experts. You took my comments out of context, but even out of context they make perfect sense. When you find me someone with some street cred that respects the opinion of an internet euro geek as a hip hop expert, then I may rescind that comment. I did not mean to offend anyone in particular, but it's hard for a group to want others to accept reality when they won't accept reality themselves when it is thrown in their face...