Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Most overrated producer?

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Post some examples of Em production you think is top notch.
    Great thread bump.
    The Way I Am, Pistol Pistol, American Psycho,
    Devil's Night, Girls, Soldier, When The Music Stops, Sing For The Moment, Superman, Love Me, Patiently Waiting, Don't Push Me, Go To Sleep, We All Die One Day, Cheers Outro, Warrior Part II, Welcome To D Block, Loyalty, Six In The Morning, Get My Gun, I'm Supposed To Die Tonight, Fack, Wake Up, Violent, Lay Down, Jamaican Girl, Kill Me A Mutha, There They Go, You Don't Know, Trapped, That Nigga A Gangsta, Gun Rule, Miss Jenkins, Lac Motion, Pistol Poppin, Beautiful, Throw It Up, Venom.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Devil's Night, Girls, Soldier, When The Music Stops, Sing For The Moment, Superman, Love Me, Patiently Waiting, Don't Push Me, Go To Sleep, We All Die One Day, Cheers Outro, Warrior Part II, Welcome To D Block, Loyalty, Six In The Morning, Get My Gun, I'm Supposed To Die Tonight, Fack, Wake Up, Violent, Lay Down, Jamaican Girl, Kill Me A Mutha, There They Go, You Don't Know, Trapped, That Nigga A Gangsta, Gun Rule, Miss Jenkins, Lac Motion, Pistol Poppin, Beautiful, Throw It Up, Venom.
    That's too many. Give me your top 5. The only track I know he produced was The cross from Nas God Son. It was decent. Have never really followed Em as you can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Patiently Waiting and We All Die One Day : bangers!! Then there's the production on some of his own great songs that's good too

There's a lot of songs in your list I either don't recall or must have never heard. I'll check some of 'em out on YT, thanks.
    Retired.

A lot of credit is due to the Bass bros as well.

I don't think Em is totally wack as a producer, but he definitely made some very mid to wack beats over the years, and on some songs he went for a completely cheesy pop sound. You can hear that he obviously learnt a lot from Dre but his instincts lean towards dinky toy box melodies, cheap ass drums and 80s pop rock samples.

Kanye West.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Patiently Waiting and We All Die One Day : bangers!! Then there's the production on some of his own great songs that's good too

There's a lot of songs in your list I either don't recall or must have never heard. I'll check some of 'em out on YT, thanks.
    I always thought Muggs produced We All Die One Day. Em earned a few points on the production side with that one...that's one of my favorite posse cuts.

Add 2.0 Boys to the list, if partial production credits counts. That's s banger.

But to answer the original topic, I'd say Daringer is pretty overrated. And I really never got Hit Boy or JUSTICE League either

Hit-Boy

his beats are really boring.

that DJ Khaled idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    that DJ Khaled idiot

is he really a producer or just a guy that put the right people together??

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Have not purchased anything Terror Squad related since Remy Martin's debut album, but I liked those Temptations I and II joints.
    Those were from Fat Joe's All Or Nothing album. Ill street joints