Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost & Rae performing Cuban Linx this MONDAY

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Ghost & Rae performing Cuban Linx this MONDAY

dudududu
    Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 02-10-2009 at 06:51 PM.

miha

please post some vids if possible.
    i was really planning to go to this concert, but the upcoming week got filled up with exams at my faculty.

SikoCeLL

Can't wait... and don't worry miha there will plenty of vids of this on youtube like there was with the Gza event.

A friend of mine saw them last night at ATP - said the show is really good and that both Ghost and Rae showed up (which is always nice to know with Wu).

He said there were loads of hypemen as well so im guessing Theodore and Ice water are over to!

Quote Originally Posted by slight View Post
    A friend of mine saw them last night at ATP - said the show is really good and that both Ghost and Rae showed up (which is always nice to know with Wu).

He said there were loads of hypemen as well so im guessing Theodore and Ice water are over to!
    yeah in fact my sister was there last night (and today) too. she said it was real good Ghost was really entertaining but T Unit started to do alot of his rhymes for him, and when T unit got a load of white middle class girls on stage for the song greedy bitches it was a comedy moment. Ghostface thought he was at the London gig, he kept saying "we in Camden right?" hahahahaa.

also she had Raekwon walk right past her, he was supposedly looking fresh in a camo top and shit,!!

Veteran Member

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to this, but I was there for the GZA event, which was off the hook. This one should also have some classic youtube clips to come.

Magnum

as a stand alone rae/ghost show it was good, but as far as what was advertised...well, they didnt play all the tracks from the album, parts of it i'm pretty sure were in the wrong order and the stuff they DID play, you couldnt actually hear because of the shitty shitty sound. plus they interupted the set a bunch of times for a freestyle session, and some classic wu medlies and stuff like that...which is all good stuff if done after the set, but i dont think it should of been done in the middle and all over the place when they were supposed to be performing an album.

overall i'm quite disapointed, maybe i'm just tired, but i did an 18 hour round trip for this and have been awake for 24 hours, and i don't think they delivered.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I had to miss this one, but went to GZA's Liquid Swords performance. I reckon he did it perfectly - he did the whole LS album in order, then Priest did Bible, then GZA did a 45 minutes or so set of other non LS tracks.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

SikoCeLL

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    as a stand alone rae/ghost show it was good, but as far as what was advertised...well, they didnt play all the tracks from the album, parts of it i'm pretty sure were in the wrong order and the stuff they DID play, you couldnt actually hear because of the shitty shitty sound. plus they interupted the set a bunch of times for a freestyle session, and some classic wu medlies and stuff like that...which is all good stuff if done after the set, but i dont think it should of been done in the middle and all over the place when they were supposed to be performing an album.

overall i'm quite disapointed, maybe i'm just tired, but i did an 18 hour round trip for this and have been awake for 24 hours, and i don't think they delivered.
    I agree with you 100% man, they didn't do the album in order like Gza did, and the sound quality was fucking terrible, i was actually pretty dissapointed to...

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I gotta say that the sound seems to be shit at Koko quite regularly. I thought it was the sound engineer for a specific show at first, but it seems to be pretty poor most of the time. They need to sort it out.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Im glad i didn't go now.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I thought the show was totally off the hook. I was front row all night and the energy was insane. First time seeing GFK in the flesh and its made me even more of a stan now. This man is insane. I got to see another side of him too, hes real good people, you can tell by the way he treats people. It was like a mosh pit at a heavy metal gig for the first 20 mins. The noise when GFK came out was huge. OK, they didnt perform CL all night, but who cares? They did most of the songs from it (verbal int, rainy dayz, knuckleheadz, ice water, ice cream, heaven and hell, criminolgy, glaciers of ice, incarcerated scars plus some more) but the crowd was going madder for the old 36 chamber bangerz. GFK was really putting the effort in, until maybe the last 15 minutes he got tired it seemed. There werent many people on stage, just J Love on the decks.

The place was packed out, even up to the 3rd tier. De La Soul came on stage with ALOT of love from Ghost. Ghost took the time to tell the fans how he grew up on 3 feet high rising etc

Ill do a better write up with some videos later when im back from owning the 5 a side court.

yeah i thought it was a great show. Sound was no where near as bad as it was at GZA last year. Glad to see De la soul and Ghostface have made up - they had a bit of a business 'mis understanding' a few years back.

Odd they didn't play the album as advertised but they did most of it (in the wrong order).

£20 for a wu towel and £30 for a tshirt was a bit steep i thought. I managed to resist even though Rae kind of begged me haha. I don't think i could ever feel clean knowing i spent £20 on a towel!

great show i thought.

(not mine), just look at how the crowd get when Aint Nuttin TO fuck with kicks in. great night.

I thought the t shirts were £40, bought just the towel for want of a souvenir, I thought the gig was amazing, was at the front as well, altho ppl were pushing thru to the front (as always) so I spent most of the time squished. I guess u had to b at the front to hear the tracks well, I found myself struggling to work out what certain songs were until I heard the odd lines that I knew.

They did all the tracks except Wu Gambinos and North Star.

All in all it was grand, even chatted to Shawn Wigz for a bit.

Lol at:
    Raekwon: "There's no good pussy in London???? Damn!!"
    Raekwon: "What is that, crack? Big up Amy Winehouse!"
    Ghostface's reaction when the crowd booed those guys who went up stage to rhyme, as well as him grinnin at this one lass dancin next to him on stage.

They showed love to Amy Winehouse and Corrine Baily Rae, and mentioned her husband's passing.

Also they played that G Hide song at the end, so it's very likely going to end up on CL2, perhaps the Aug release date is definite.

Likewise I wud'v prefered it if they did the whole album in order but I was still happy with how it went down. I just wish some of the songs they raced thru at the end were played longer. Ghostface did 4 lines off Fish, then it cut to The Watch, then half way thru his verse straight to next song.

All in all I say it was worth my money, glad I went.
    Last edited by Deen; 05-20-2008 at 08:04 PM.