Thread: Mtume's Juicy Fruit And You Me And He songs

-

Default Mtume's Juicy Fruit And You Me And He songs

Classic 80's songs by r&b group Mtume. Juicy Fruit is the shit. I love that jam. You Me And He is a nice love song. Ya'll should check out Juicy Fruit and You Me And He albums because they're very good. Those are the only albums they did LOL. I wonder why they disappeared. James Mtume produced some songs for Stephanie Mills and Phyllis Hyman(RIP). Peace to Notorious Big for sampling Juicy Fruit on Juicy song. I remember in Notorious movie when Derek Luke was playing Juicy Fruit for Jamal Woolard and Jamal was looking at Mtume's album cover and he said these dudes look like Rick James hahahahahahahahahahaha.

my good friend and musical partner is mtume's nephew.
    mtume lives in east orange NJ and we went to visit in 2006.
    dude got mad plaques from his music as well as for BIGs shit.
    he was also the musical director for NY Undercover which always had a dope score and soundtrack.

he is a really cool cat.he was down to earth, real, humble and was more than happy to give us plenty of advice about music, the biz and life in general. it was an awesome experience.

-

Well i'm glad you got a chance to meet him. Next time you see him, ask him how come he stopped doing albums with Mtume after only 2 albums hahahahahahahahaha. His group got a lot of good jams on Juicy Fruit and You Me And He albums.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Yes, great song, I love the singing and rhythm. Something about that 80's era where artists poured messages and feelings of love so well into songs makes Mtume and others real memorable & classic, I feel the same in some ways with the golden era of hip hop. Such standout female vocalists and unique arrangements.

Juicy Fruit is one of my earliest memories as a child which sparked my total appreciation for the sound and feeling of music in general, along with the sounds of MJ, SW, Prince & QJ. I look forward to meeting some 80's musicians, I'm keeping an updated calendar of touring artists from that era up on my blog.