Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matrix fight choreographer directs Thai action star Tony Jaa

Default Matrix fight choreographer directs Thai action star Tony Jaa

Up-and-coming Thai martial arts film actor Tony Jaa may star in a Hong Kong action film directed by Yuen Woo-ping, a fight choreographer for two of the Matrix films, a newspaper reported on Thursday. The unnamed HK$50 million film, will pit Jaa against Wu Jing, a martial arts actor trained by Jet Li's teacher, in a Thai kickboxing versus Chinese kung fu martial arts extravaganza, Apple Daily reported, citing a spokeswoman for Hong Kong artist management company Gold Label. "A fight between the two [Jaa and Wu] will be fresh for the audience," the report quoted the spokeswoman, identified only as Chan, as saying.

Talks on the project, to be produced by Peter Chan Ho-sun, director of the 1999 US film The Love Letter, are still ongoing, the report said. The female star of the film could be Hong Kong pop singer Miriam Yeung, the report said. Jaa, who made his name in the Thai kickboxing film Ong-bak or Muay Thai Warrior and who is currently starring in Tom Yum Goong — a box-office hit in his native Thailand — has been given information on the project, Apple Daily said.

Peter Chan speaks Thai and will handle negotiations with Jaa, the report said. It was not clear if any of the artists named in the report have committed to the project. Calls to a Gold Label spokeswoman went unanswered on Thursday.

Yuen has directed and choreographed dozens of martial arts films over the past 30 years, but he received international recognition for his work on the groundbreaking The Matrix and its sequel, The Matrix: Reloaded.......................................... ......................

damn this movie sounds good...i would love to see both styles agains one onther nice

Default Re: Matrix fight choreographer directs Thai action star Tony Jaa

Mauy Thai vs Kung fu... Can't wait to see that! Im all for Kung fu!!

i know...2 good skills vs each other thats hard...never seen it done...like this...

I really like Jacky Wu Jing, & Tony Jaa is just sick wit it! These two in a martial arts movie has amazing potential!! This I gotta see!!!

i know cant wait to hear some more news on this

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f
    i know...2 good skills vs each other thats hard...never seen it done...like this...
    Well, so many styles of Kung fu and Mauy thai is just a single art(right?).. Say Tai chi(Like the name says, it's the ultimate, imo) vs Mauy thai.. Internal will always beat external. And there is San shou which is China's retaliation to Mauy thai.. And thousands of other styles.

Can't wait!

muay thai>kung fu

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    muay thai>kung fu
    Nonsense, I saw your other post saying that Kung fu was innefective, which was also nonsense, you need to do some research and stop being ignorant.

Neither are better than either, they're both effective and have been around for thousands of years. Plus there are thousands of styes of Kung fu, I'd definetely pick KF over MT.

Tai chi>All other MA's, imo.

rofl u have a go at my opinion then say yours is more valid

how many kung fu practicioners in mma?

shut the hell up, kf is traditionalist bullshit, bruce lee even showed the world this

rofl at all the people who beleive real fights are like the magical ones in the movies

Your opinion is ignorant, I never said my opinion was more valid. .

" how many kung fu practicioners in mma?"

I don't care, what's your point?

"kf is traditionalist bullshit"

Yeah sure.. MA's that have been around for 1000's of years are just innefective, yeah right. What's effective stays what's not gets thrown away. What's around to day is effective, so STFU and go learn.

" rofl at all the people who beleive real fights are like the magical ones in the movies"

You think I see it like that? You probably didn't even know what MT was until you saw Ong bak, and think it's invincible cause of the movie.

well kf is a good style..u havent seen shaolin kf from monks.............a 21 year old could brake the shins of a mauy thai fighter with just his fingers...lol....they streanthing thier whole body at age 5 - till they die......they can take blows ......they can sit with a rope around thier neck for 40 mins with out bieng chocked.....if u want i will give u the tittle of the documentary......on monks......im not saying mt isnt good but skf from monks.... is better..and only they can know they style.......they are not aloud in real fighting championships..couse they can kill with only one strick.....and also they only fight if attacked ....i beleve this is the best style.....u show me who els can do 2 finger push ups while in a handstand ...shit is nice

and lets stop ighting in here...make another thread about this......dont mess this one up thanks

peace

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f
    well kf is a good style..u havent seen shaolin kf from monks.............a 21 year old could brake the shins of a mauy thai fighter with just his fingers...lol....they streanthing thier whole body at age 5 - till they die......they can take blows ......they can sit with a rope around thier neck for 40 mins with out bieng chocked.....if u want i will give u the tittle of the documentary......on monks......im not saying mt isnt good but skf from monks.... is better..and only they can know they style.......they are not aloud in real fighting championships..couse they can kill with only one strick.....and also they only fight if attacked ....i beleve this is the best style.....u show me who els can do 2 finger push ups while in a handstand ...shit is nice
    Yeah, ish.

Dim Mak is deadly.

rofl, kung fu magic beleivers, just hope theres some cranes and ropes when u get into a fight to u can fly like jet li

shaolin monks are acrobats, u idiots

its like people who beleive nunchucks are amazing weapons cus bruce lee used them, its all for the image and mental atributes like concentration

i gaurentee fedor emanialenko would murder and shaolin monk