Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why dont these artists want to make money???

Wu-Veteran

Default why dont these artists want to make money???

why dont we see more collabos with legendary mc's/ producers...its like everybody wants to be the don...and do it all by themselves..while there's so much wack shit out there...any mc who has complained about the state of hip hop right now..needs to look in the mirror...the strong artists need to put personal feelings/business aside and do it purely for the sake of great music...only then will the sales rise..and the honor be restored...think of this

nas album produced solely by rza
    method man/redman vs busta rhymes/spliff star produced by dj scratch
    mobb deep vs dogg pound produced by havoc and daz exclusively
    sean price vs ghostface
    ludacris produced by solely by timbaland

if these albums were released..it would do great things for hip hop..oh well guess it s just a dream

FRESH FISH

nas album produced solely by PREMIER
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    why dont we see more collabos with legendary mc's/ producers...its like everybody wants to be the don...and do it all by themselves..while there's so much wack shit out there...any mc who has complained about the state of hip hop right now..needs to look in the mirror...the strong artists need to put personal feelings/business aside and do it purely for the sake of great music...only then will the sales rise..and the honor be restored...think of this

nas album produced solely by rza
    method man/redman vs busta rhymes/spliff star produced by dj scratch
    mobb deep vs dogg pound produced by havoc and daz exclusively
    sean price vs ghostface
    ludacris produced by solely by timbaland

if these albums were released..it would do great things for hip hop..oh well guess it s just a dream
    lol at wet dream album collabs

Rza sucks now btw, accept it.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Killah Priest & Nas should definatly make an album together.
    Always wanted to hear Eminem & Canibus together too.
    And a DJ Muggs produced Eminem album would be sick...
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 05-25-2008 at 05:21 PM.

yeah kp and nas would be crazy.
    I would also want to see Madlib produce some people's albums
    liberation with kweli was crazy and way different

but they'll keep going to producers their fans hate cause in truth the legendary mcs are actually the dumbest

lol this is a stupid thread, u dont understand the game and u dont understand the music , business politics,

its not the artists , its the consumers..... We make hiphop possible, the artists gonna make
    the music that the "consumers" want....

"why do these artists wanna make money" is the most pathetic question i have ever heard, CAUSE THEY GOT KIDS TO FEED U DUMB ASS EURO .
    Last edited by SaqurakiHanamichi; 05-25-2008 at 09:33 PM.
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

why dont we see more collabos with legendary mc's/ producers
    cuz they cost the most lmao.... an u talkin bout why dont they want to make money...... smarten up son

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SaqurakiHanamichi View Post
    lol this is a stupid thread, u dont understand the game and u dont understand the music , business politics,

its not the artists , its the consumers..... We make hiphop possible, the artists gonna make
    the music that the "consumers" want....

"why do these artists wanna make money" is the most pathetic question i have ever heard, CAUSE THEY GOT KIDS TO FEED U DUMB ASS EURO .
    your a fuckin clown..it says "dont" not "do" but ive got to admit...that was the weakest title ive ever had in a thread..i was smokin some good shit an got a little loose wit my wordplay so ill give you that...as far as being a euro and not knowin nuttin bout the industry or the music..U DONT FUCKIN KNOW ME ..i GAURANTEE id fuck you up on the mic...freestyle/written whatever...youre a fuckin nerd face it

and all i was sayin is ...these artists would sell alot more if they gave the people what they want...faggot

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    cuz they cost the most lmao.... an u talkin bout why dont they want to make money...... smarten up son

the fuckin producers would cake off it too....everybodys feelin themselves so fuckin much..chargin this this n that for their beats...well u know what..if nobody sellin albums anymore..then why would you pay and producer all that money up front when your album aint gonna generate enough dough to make it worthwhile in the long run anyway...thats what the fuck im sayin
    why dont these artists want to make money in the longrun...while improving the state of hip hop by constantly releasing classic music...cuz if thingz continue the way there going...its just gonna keep declining..think about it

your a fuckin clown..it says "dont" not "do" but ive got to admit...that was the weakest title ive ever had in a thread..i was smokin some good shit an got a little loose wit my wordplay so ill give you that...as far as being a euro and not knowin nuttin bout the industry or the music..U DONT FUCKIN KNOW ME ..i GAURANTEE id fuck you up on the mic...freestyle/written whatever...youre a fuckin nerd face it

and all i was sayin is ...these artists would sell alot more if they gave the people what they want...faggot
    lmao , i went hard on u on purpose,
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

'

u guys sound like a bunch of kids arguing on a school bus..

Wu-Veteran

easy...damn i get heated when people judge n shit...talk out their ass..its all good..its some ignorant shit...buts its real

-

Jem, i feel you. I agree with what your saying but it's not gonna happen because for some reason, most rappers don't make smart decisions. They're too busy smoking weed, getting drunk, hanging out at the club and fucking bitches. Then they complain that their financial situation is messed up and that rap music sucks now but i don't see them doing anything to change the rap game. For example, KRS One's albums the last 6-7 albums have been wack because of the beats. How come he won't let DJ Premier and his brother Kenny Parker do most of his beats anymore? Why does he think his albums Return Of The Boom Bap and KRS One were so good? Because of the beats. Some people on here like his I Got Next album but i didn't like it. Step Into A World is the best song on the album. I forgot who did that beat. Same thing with Nas. Nas should let DJ Premier and Pete Rock do all of his beats like on Illmatic album but for some reason he won't. If you were to ask legendary rappers why did they change their music, they would give you a excuse like you gotta change with the times which is bullshit to me. You don't have to change with the times. There's some veteran tight rappers who haven't changed like the Geto Boys, MC Eiht, Spice 1, Freddie Foxxx, M.O.P., Redman, AZ, CL Smooth. Only thing that has changed with these rappers is their beats which i don't like but their lyrics are still good.

I dont think that will raise their sales.