Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Older God's Comic Book Thread

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post

dayum! logan got his ass handed... literally.

dude got ripped litterally ha ha this was a good fight too bad wolverine couldn't be the hulk and i doubt anybody could i mean the hulk handled superman back in the day during the DC vs. Marvel crossover even though The Hulk eventually lost via the battle was tossed up to the fans to decide the outcome
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 07-11-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

^^ Yeah the decision to let readers vote on the outcome of the battles in DC vs Marvel was stupid. Wolverine beat Lobo for fuck's sake. Lobo fights evenly with Superman, how would Wolverine not just get a beating?

I just read the first Batman R.I.P. tie in - Detective Comics #846 - and it's clear that the story will not be too close to the R.I.P. events. It appears to be a side story that is far from essential to the R.I.P. plot (wasn't great either to be honest). It's hard to see how the Nightwing and Robin tie-ins could be this distant though as the characters are so caught up in the R.I.P. story, but the fact that the collected R.I.P. book due out in January only collects the six parts written by Morrison suggests that they aren't essential to the plot.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Lucky you like DC like that?

click the sig if you vatican status

I love stuff from DC, Marvel, Vertigo, Wildstorm....

I love the mainstream comics from both Marvel and DC but I also really love the more indie/less mainstream stuff like Preacher, Promethea, The Invisibles, Sandman, Ex Machina, Y: The Last Man....

My favourite character has to be Batman though. So far the R.I.P. story has blown me away. I strongly suggest everyone who hasn't already, reads the Grant Morrison run I upped and then reads R.I.P.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

I love the Authority, Stormwatch And W.I.L.D.Cats...I heard Ex Machina was good...

I have started reading something called Casey Blue and Anna Mercury...here are the #1 covers...:

they are only two issues in but that Casey Blue is interesting and Anna Mercury just kicks some serious ass

Default The-Falcon-1983 4 part mini series

Falcon (4 issue miniseries)
    November 1983 – February 1984
    Writer: Jim Owsley
    Artists: Paul Smith/Vince Colletta, Mark Bright/Mike Gustovich

I was first attracted to this miniseries because of the wonderful Paul Smith cover. And then when I saw that he was doing the interior art as well, I was sold on it. Unfortunately, Smith’s art was heavily inked by Vince Colletta which managed to smother Smith’s great pencils.

This miniseries was written by Jim Owsley, the man who would go on to be known as (Christopher) Priest. In 1983, he was also the first published African American comic book writer.

The first issue focused on the Falcon’s alter ego, Sam Wilson, and his role as a social worker in the ghetto dealing with low-income housing and gang violence. Owsley does a solid job with the script and pulls off a relevant story that as applicable today as it was twenty-one years ago.

This story was written years before the other three issues and circulated around the Marvel offices for quite some time. The first issue was then originally slated for Marvel Fanfare, but Jim Shooter wanted to push new idea of limited series, and decided that a Falcon limited series would be a perfect fit.

Since Paul Smith was already committed to the Uncanny X-Men, the other three issues’s pencils were handled by Mark Bright, Owsley’s partner-in-crime for many other works like Quantum and Woody and Power Man & Iron Fist.

The Falcon miniseries introduced Police Sergeant Turk who would become a popular secondary character in the Marvel Universe.

Issue #2 revealed that the Falcon is a mutant and spends the issue fending off a Sentinel. He’s able to destroy the Sentinel, but he’s unable to intervene to stop a gang war and loses the trust of a gang leader. Both the story and art excel in this issue. There several great action sequences juxtaposed with the gang war bubbling over. Good pacing establishes the story’s tension and really makes you feel how the Falcon is pulled in both directions.

In issue #3, the Falcon deals with last issue’s fallout and is reminded of his days as “Snap” Wilson when he sold drugs, ran numbers, and operated ‘protection’ operations. And for the record, Snap Wilson did go on trial and was released into Captain America’s custody.

Issue #4 has the Falcon trying to rescue the President of the United States of America who’s being held hostage by a street gang and runs into Electro. The Falcon was the former Captain America sidekick and as the character matured he was putting some distance between himself and Captain America. Captain America co-stars in this issue, but doesn’t take the spotlight from the Falcon. The Falcon actually comes to Captain America’s rescue and even convinces the gang leaders to release the President and start up a dialog about improving their ghetto’s conditions.

Issues #3 and #4 are bit weaker than the initial two issues. The idea that some street gang could kidnap the President of the United States didn’t sit right with me. Neither did the marshmellowy ending where Reagan sits down with the gang leaders for a chat.

The Falcon is next seen in Captain America as a supporting character and runs for a seat in Congress.
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129033901/The_Falcon.rar

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTheWonderDog View Post
    I love stuff from DC, Marvel, Vertigo, Wildstorm....

I love the mainstream comics from both Marvel and DC but I also really love the more indie/less mainstream stuff like Preacher, Promethea, The Invisibles, Sandman, Ex Machina, Y: The Last Man....

My favourite character has to be Batman though. So far the R.I.P. story has blown me away. I strongly suggest everyone who hasn't already, reads the Grant Morrison run I upped and then reads R.I.P.
    idk about blown away, but i enjoy it, especially the BDC that just came out with Hush...that was very well done; brilliant cover.

Default Superman Batman-Generations Vol 2

Generations 2

The second series, rather than dealing with a decade jump between stories like the original, takes jumps of 11 years. Starting in 1942, each issue again tells two stories, ending in the year 2019 at the end of the fourth issue. While the first series focused on the Batman and Superman families, the second features other characters from the DC Universe, especially from the Justice Society and Justice League.
    • 1942: Battlefields--Hawkman and the Blackhawks attempt to stop a giant Nazi robot. Green Lantern arrives to help, but exhausts his power ring saving Hawkman. The robot launches a rocket, which Blackhawk member Chuck stops at the cost of his life. Superman and the Spectre arrive, and make short work of the robot. Superman rips open the machine to reveal its operator, the Ultra-Humanite, who uses a chunk of kryptonite to hold off the Man of Steel and make his escape. Back in Gotham City, Lois Lane discovers that Lex Luthor developed the robot and sold the plans to the Nazis. She is captured and held captive with Robin, but the two are saved by Batman, disguised as one of Luthor's henchmen.
    • 1953: Absent Friends---A long missing Commissioner Gordon collapses in the doorway of Wayne Manor. He tells Bruce he knows his secret identity, and warns him of a new threat--a mysterious criminal known as "The Head of the Demon". Meawhile, Wonder Girl (a mystical projection of Wonder Woman) flies to North Korea in search of Steve Trevor's downed plane, while the real Diana Prince Trevor goes into labor. Wonder Girl finds Trevor, but he dies en route to Paradise Island. At the same moment Diana gives birth to a baby girl, Lois Kent gives birth to her daughter, Kara Kent. Clark arrives late; as Superman, he had been stranded on a planet with a red sun until he manages to send a signal and attract the attention of Green Lantern Abin Sur.
    • 1964: Children's Hour--Bruce Wayne Jr. is stopped by his mother from going out as Robin with Batman II, while Kara Kent tries on her Supergirl costume for the first time. She flies to Wayne Manor to see BJ, who is unhappy with his situation. Supergirl points out that he promised not be Robin with Batman; he didn't say anthing about Supergirl. The teens fly off and find Kid Flash, who is facing the Weather Wizard and the Mirror Master. When Kid Flash is knocked unconscious, Supergirl and Robin drop in and defeat the criminals, only to be knocked out by Gorilla Grodd. Meanwhile, Barry Allen calls Diana Trevor looking for Kid Flash. Diana's daughter Stevie decides to go looking for Wally as the new Wonder Girl. She is drawn to a warehouse in Central City, where Gorilla Grodd is preparing to transfer the teens' superpowers into his body. Supergirl, who had been playing possum, rips aparts the machines holding the teens, and the four young heroes subdue the criminals. Supergirl and Wonder Girl realize that they share a special bond due to being born at the same moment; the bond is what drew Wonder Girl to the right location. The teens decide to form a crime fighting team and, after rejecting the name "Junior Justice Society", decide to call themselves the Justice League.
    • 1975: Troubled Souls---Batman III is summoned to Arkham Asylum, where he is told that the Joker is acting strangely. After reviewing the surveillance tapes from the Joker's room, Batman realizes that the Joker is being slowly killed by the ghost of Dick Grayson. With the help of Doctor Occult, Deadman, and the spirit of Alfred Pennyworth, Grayson's spirit is convinced not to murder the Joker, and goes into the light with Alfred. Bruce Wayne, in his Batman costume, visits the dying Joker, whose last request is to know the Batman's identity. Batman replies that, with all the pain the Joker has caused, he deserves nothing, and leaves. In a subplot, test pilot Hal Jordan barely survives the flight of an experimental rocket plane, and decides to retire and go into politics.
    • 1986: To Hunt the Hunter---Superman tracks Luthor down to one of his hideouts, but discovers it is a computer simulation. The faux Luthor plays a hologram of Joel Kent killing Supergirl (from the first series) just to torment the Man of Steel. Meanwhile Wonder Woman II, Kid Flash II, and Green Lantern discuss Batman III. Since the death of Supergirl, Batman's actions have become increasingly violent and dangerous. The JLA reluctantly decide they have to stop Batman. The three heroes track down Batman and try to restrain him, but he manages to overpower them. While fighting, Batman becomes enraged and begins savagely beating a helpless Green Lantern. When Kid Flash screams that he is killing the Lantern, Batman snaps out of his rage and flees to his home. There, he collapses in front of his wife Mei-Lei, crying for help.
    • 1997: Turning Points---Batman III, preparing to leave in search of Ra's al Ghul, tells his son Clark Wayne that he must be Batman now. Clark reveals that he known for some time he is adopted, and that only a true Wayne can be Batman. Clark instead takes the identity Knightwing. On patrol in the new Batmobile, Knightwing comes across a rampaging robot that had been used by the villain Ransak. Knightwing struggles with the robot, while Superman watches helplessly from the Phantom Zone. At the last minute, Superman manages to briefly appear before Ransak, causing a distraction that allows Knightwing to short out the robot. He finds a young girl, the daughter of the real Ransak, inside the suit. Meanwhile President Barbara Gordon and former President Hal Jordan meet to discuss a major threat. The renegade Green Lantern Sinestro has vowed to kill Jordan, who had turned down Alan Scott's offer to become Earth's new Green Lantern. Kid Flash II, Green Lantern Kyle Rayner, and Blackhawk try to stop Sinestro, but are unsuccessful. Kyle flees to the White House with Sinestro in hot pursuit. Sinestro arrives and blasts Scott, then prepares to kill Jordan. Jordan takes Kyle's ring and, reasoning that the ring's weaknesses are in the mind of the user, manages to defeat Sinestro. Jordan and his wife Carol Ferris are taken to Oa, where Jordan is once again offered the role of Green Lantern.
    • 2008: This Ancient Evil---Knightwing faces a threat from the past, a robot with the brain of Lex Luthor. He manages to defeat Luthor with the aid of Cyborg, the fifth Flash, and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan, his youth restored by the power ring). Clark Wayne then leaves to marry Amanda Mason, the young girl that had once faced him as Ransak. Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne and Bruce Jr. visit the dying Mrs. Wayne in the hospital, where she tells them a secret (which is not revealed until Generations 3).
    • 2019: Father to the Man---Batman and Knightwing arrive at the Fortress of Solitude, where Superman shows them the Chroniscope, a Kryptonian device that can view the past and future. Knightwing plays a message from Jonathan Kent recorded 99 years ago. Pa Kent tells how he had used the Chroniscope and had accidentally seen the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. As the Waynes were scheduled to visit the county seat that week, Pa Kent decides to warn the Waynes. Before this can happen, the Waynes are kidnapped by the Ultra-Humanite. Young Bruce Wayne escapes and, disguising himself with a fox head, helps Superboy stop the kidnappers. Kent then shows Thomas Wayne the Chroniscope. Several weeks later, Pa Kent is shocked to read that the Waynes were murdered. Using the Chroniscope, he learns that the Waynes decided not to change the future, as their death was responsible for creating the Batman. In 2019, Superman consoles a stunned Bruce Wayne with the knowledge that his parents realized they were creating a great force for good.
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129535156/Vol_2.rar

Generations 3

Generations 3 starts in the year 1925, with each following issue jumping forward a century, except issues #7 and #8, who both partially dealt with the 26th century as well the 19th century. The story features characters from the future timelines of the DC Universe, especially Jack Kirby's New Gods.
    • Century 20: Crosstime Crisis---In 1925, Clark Kent, Pete Ross, and Lana Lang are surprised when Saturn Girl bursts into the Kent home looking for Superboy. A spaceship has crashlanded near Smallville, filled with strange armored creatures. Superboy investigates and is attacked. The army, commanded by Captain Sam Lane arrives. Young Bruce Wayne learns of the crash and flies to Smallville to help, while Lana and a young Lois Lane enter Saturn Girl's time machine. Superboy destroys the aliens with a device provided by Bruce. Near death, Saturn Girl uses her powers to erase knowledge of the event from everyone's mind. Upon Saturn Girl's death, the time machine returns to the 30th century, with Lois and Lana aboard.
    • Century 21: Doomsday Minus 1---As Knightwing introduces his twin daughters Supergirl Red and Supergirl Blue, the robotic brain of Lex Luthor escapes. Superman is troubled by memories of an alien invasion in 1925 that no one remembers. He travels to New Genesis to confer with Highfather, but when he arrives he sees the fire pits of Apokalips go out. The Supergirls and Omac fight Luthor and his mysterious allies, but he soon gains the upper hand and neutralizes Omac. Knightwing arrives, but Luthor's allies vanish before they can be apprehended. Luthor tells Knightwing this is the day the world ends.
    • Century 22: Out of the Ashes---Thanks to Luthor, all power sources on Earth have been neutralized. Civilization is in ruins, and the survivors, led by Batman and his descendants, live in an underground complex. The surface is left to mutant animals and a few humans, including a boy named Kamandi. Superman has not been seen in nearly a century. Knightwing, now posing as Superman, and the Supergirls are all that are left to face attacks by Parademons. Batman manages to revive the dormant Brother Eye satellite. He has been keeping tabs on Kamandi, who is a descendant of Buddy Blank, aka Omac, and plans to revive the One-Man Army Corps as a weapon against the Parademons.
    • Century 23: Return of the Warrior---Stephanie Trevor, the second Wonder Woman, is fatally injured while fighting Parademons, and the Supergirls take her to Paradise Island. Her mother, now Queen of the Amazons, unsuccessfully attempts to revive Stephanie with the Purple Ray. Angered over her daughter's death, Wonder Woman returns to Smallville to fight the Parademons before they can destroy the OMACs. Meanwhile, stranded on New Genesis, Superman suffers from terrible nightmares. His wife Beautiful Dreamer probes his thoughts and is able to unlock the memory of the 1925 invasion that Saturn Girl had repressed 300 years earlier.
    • Century 24: Family Secrets---As Bruce Wayne, Jr. lays dying, Batman tells Wonder Woman the reason for his son's longevity. As seen at the end of Generations 2, the dying Mrs. Wayne giver her son and ex-husband a tape to play after she dies that reveals Bruce is not BJ's father. From sounds on the tape, they deduce it was recorded in London. BJ uses the Lazarus Pit to become young enough to help Batman. The two travel to London and meet Cyril Sheldrake, the former Squire. Cyril takes them to a recording studio where they are attacked by one of the many roving gangs infesting London. They manage to subdue the gang and listen to the tape. It reveals that BJ is Bruce's son; Mrs. Wayne lied to trick BJ into using the Lazarus Pit to become young (something he had refused to do before). As BJ dies, the spirit of Kara Kent appears, and takes the spirit of BJ to the afterlife.
    • Century 25: Love in the Time of Apocalypse---On Apokalips, Desaad and other members of Darkseid's elite guard open an incubating chamber, revealing the revived Darkseid. On Earth, Supergirl Blue is in love with Green Lantern Ator, but since her body has been stuck at the physical age of 11 for 300 years, Ator is uncomfortable continuing the relationship. Several other Green Lanterns uncover the buried robot body of Lex Luthor, who immediately goes on a rampage. While the Green Lanterns fight Luthor, Supergirl Blue retrieves a sample of gold Kryptonite, which she uses to remove her powers, allowing her to age. She flies back to Gotham City with Batman in his jet, where Ator has managed to contain Luthor. Luthor uploads his mind into the city's computer, and leaves Ator with an atomic bomb. Ator contains the explosion with his power ring, but is trapped inside with the radiation. The now powerless Supergirl Blue is unable to save her lover, and must stand by and watch him die.
    • Century 26: History Lesson (Part 1)---Metron of the New Gods opens a portal that allows Superman to return to Earth. There he is attacked by Supergirl Blue and a superpowered Batman. Eventually, Superman convinces Batman he is the real thing, and Batman tells what has happened. In addition to the Parademons returning every 100 years to attack Smallville, civilization had been destroyed by Lex Luthor. At one point he blanketed the Earth in green Kryptonite radiation, killing Clark Wayne and Supergirl Red. Luthor manages to destroy all the OMAC soldiers, including the original Buddy Blank. Supergirl Blue uses Luthor's serum to restore her powers, and convinces Batman to use it as well. The two find they are unaffected by Kryptonite, and are finally able to defeat Luthor. Superman takes Batman and Supergirl to Smallville, where they find the body of Saturn Girl. He tells them the answer to the Parademon attacks lie in the future, and flies off to reach the 30th century.
    • Century 19: History Lesson (Part 2)---Seconds after Superman breaks the time barrier, Supergirl hears a signal from underground. She digs up a box which contains Superman. He reveals that his attempt to reach the future was blocked, and he was hurled into the late 19th century. There he meets Mister Miracle (who is the sheriff of Smallville) and Metron, as well as a young Jonathan Kent. Kent has come to seek revenge against Jonah Hex, a bounty hunter who Kent claims killed fourteen innocent men. A young Martha Clark begs Kent not to face Hex, but Kent is determined. The two meet in a showdown, and Hex easily disarms Kent. He then breaks Kent's glasses instead of killing him. Just then the criminal that Hex was hunting appears and fires at Hex. Hex guns down the criminal, but the shot meant for Hex hits Martha instead. Superman forces Metron to bring a doctor to save Martha's life; however, her injuries mean she will never have children. A humbled Jonathan tells Martha they will get married as soon as she is well. Metron tells Superman he cannot reach the future under his own power, and places him in a suspended animation chamber underground. Meanwhile, Darkseid reveals his greatest weapon--Parademons with the power of independent thought.
    • Century 27: A Soldier's Story---During an attack by the Parademons, one soldier is separated from his troop and lost on Earth. He finds shelter in a small house, where he meets the owner, an elderly blind woman. The Parademon tells her his history. Centuries ago, Apokalips was destroyed in the final battle between Orion and Darkseid. Darkseid's essence was preserved by special machinery hidden in the heart of the planet. Eventually, Darkseid was revived, and he developed new Parademons with the ability to think for themselves. Their mission is to travel back in time to defeat the heroes of Earth. The old woman reveals herself to be Supergirl Blue, who kills the Parademon so that no one will realize they are sentient. In the future, the time machine with Lois and Lana finally materializes.
    • Century 28: Gods and Monsters---On Earth, Batman and Supergirl Blue bury their son Thomas. A dying Metron appears and gives Superman a device that will allow him one round trip to New Genesis. He activates the device, and is met by Lar-el and Vara, the children he had with Beautiful Dreamer. Parademons attack, followed by Darkseid. All the New Gods are killed, leaving only Superman and his children. Darkseid captures Beautiful Dreamer, and kills the two superchildren when they try to rescue her. Darkseid leaves, but not before breaking Beautiful Dreamer's neck. Superman returns to Earth to tell Batman what has happened.
    • Century 29: Little Girls Lost---Lana Lang and Lois Lane find themselves in Smallville in the year 2825. In a museum dedicated to Superman they discover that Clark Kent is Superman (and that Lois will one day marry him). Leaving the museum, they stumble across Superman fighting a troop of Parademons. They are almost attacked by one, but are saved by Supergirl Blue. Batman realizes they can use the time bubble to travel to the final Parademon attack in 2925. The heroes first return the two girls to 1925 and rescue Saturn Girl. Superman has Saturn Girl wipe the memories of everyone for a thousand miles before taking the time machine to the future. They land in 2925 as energy beams strike the ground all around them.
    • Century 30: Time and Time Again---With Darkseid's forces decimating the Earth, the heroes fan out. Supergirl Blue destroys a weapon called the Sky Scorcher, but is fatally injured in the subsequent blast. When Batman finds the dying Supergirl, she tells him the only way to defeat Darkseid is to destroy him just after his resurrection, changing the timeline. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern Jordan Kelley go back several centuries to Darkseid's space station. In the battle, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman are killed, but Batman causes Granny Goodness to overload the station's power supplies, starting a chain reaction. Superman bursts in on Darkseid, who fires his Omega Beams at the Man of Steel. Superman throws Desaad into the beams, killing him, and begins pummeling Darkseid. The space station explodes, and the resulting energy wave destroys the timeline. The new timeline is similar to that at the end of the first Generations, with no sign of Darkseid and the Earth at peace. Batman and Superman briefly remember Supergirl Blue, but the thought fades away.
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D80V9DF4
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129536983/Vol_3.part2.rar

Default Fantastic Four Visionaries Vol 2

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DO5JWUXI
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129573735/Fantastic_Four_Visionaries.part2.rar

Default Fantastic Four Visionaries Vol 1

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7YWBYEJ
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129580437/Fantastic_Four_Visionaries_vol_1.part2.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    idk about blown away, but i enjoy it, especially the BDC that just came out with Hush...that was very well done; brilliant cover.
    I think the second and third parts of R.I.P. are brilliant, but I was disappointed with part 1 of the Hush story in Detective Comics. I thought it was alright, but nothing special.

Default Fantastic Four Visionaries v3

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZIW5WZU8
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129819740/Fantastic_Four_Visionaries_v3_John_Byrne_TPB__Bchry-DCP_.part2.rar

Default Fantastic Four Visionaries v4

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AIIXEKXF
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129827230/Fantastic_Four_Visionaries_v4_John_Byrne_TPB__Bchry-DCP_.part2.rar

Default Fantastic Four Visionaries v5

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XQ8ZKKW8
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129834184/Fantastic_Four_Visionaries_v5_John_Byrne_TPB__Bchry-DCP_.part2.rar