Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You know why ghost is the best member of wu

Default You know why ghost is the best member of wu

he gets it.

which has sadly been the bane of his career, but ghost understands, more so then other rappers that rap is more water and less brick. Ghost understands that rap isn't a way you act or a thing you do, but a medium to articulate the way you act and what you do if you chose to express that, and the rest of human thought if you also choose to express that. For that reason ghost's eye for what hip hop means is panoramic, where with almost all other rappers, it's fixed.

For instance, his career can paint out the picture im trying to explain far better then my words. On 36 Chambers, you can tell wutang were a group of friends that just loved to rhyme, that's what gave that album a timeless, cohesive feeling.

For some reason i always felt ghost was the weakest on the album. other then Bring Da Ruckus, his verses were supurb, but other members like Meth and ODB had mastered their niche so well that his rhymes and persona seems more like a stumbling toddler and less like an able figure like the rest of them sounded.

The advantage was, because he peaked later and sees wider he was able to grow when they were declining, and the amazing part about him is he continues to grow and full exploit rap as a medium of expression, meaning it can do whatever you want it to do, not just 'what rappers do with it'

look at Cobra Clutch

the man had visions in africa telling him to instead of expressing thoughts in rhyme form, express syllabes and how they work with each other to make a really nice sounding sentence.

abstract rap if you will. In the same way abstract art uses a play in tones, colors, themes, and shapes, abstract rap uses a play on syllabes, slang, cadance, and pace to create an almost shapeless picture that leaves the listener to see what his mind can make out of it while at the same massaging your brain with slang thats king

nobody has had that high a degree of left fielded mold breaking since rakim decided to rhyme more speech like and less announcement like

another reason is ghost is probably the best at expressing himself in the rap game to date.

listen to this song. he could be talking about eating funions and shitting in the public restroom then pausing when ppl walk in, but if he gave it the same delievery he does on this song, your still gonna think "damn god...they killed wise.."

He made a song like wise, and not just his words, but his heart, his thought, his voice, the way the words are coming out are all channeled perfectly in saying 'you betrayed god'

then when he ACUTALLY SAYS 'you betrayed god' that shit fucking hurt lol. when i first listened to this song..i felt like shit, i felt like they fucking killed wise.

i don't even know who wise is, but they fucking killed him, just cause i don't know another rapper that can express his feelings as bright, as honestly, and as intensely as ghost...biggie being the closest but still off by a long shot.

Then you listen to a song like this. i don't know if he was the first to do it, but the fact that he's simply rapping over an already masterful song is brilliant. With every album he challenges himself to revolutize what he can do with rap, instead of becoming bland and uninspired like the rest of wu, who peaked while was mastering baby steps.

Just the delievery of this song. There's few other rappers so honest with themselves that they can cry on a song and sound this vulnerable and less 'on top' and more 'on bottom'

like with having soul controller end ironman.

god.

damn.

that song is a defeat. he lost. that's what blows me mind about the album. he lost.

im gonna stop before this thread gets more antimidating to read. but still. the guy is a geeohdee.
    Last edited by TSA; 05-30-2008 at 02:06 PM.

*EXTENDS HAND*

*reads bit about colors*

*RETRACTS HAND*
    Last edited by Huggasaurus Sex; 05-29-2008 at 05:25 AM.

more akbar

'Section 9'

*extends cleaver*

^ *extends hand towards rza's crotch*

more akbar

Quote Originally Posted by Firm Handshakah View Post
    *EXTENDS HAND*

*reads bit about colors*

*RETRACTS HAND*
    Aren't the colors he is referring to, the colors that are already on the album covers? Its almost like Deja-Vu.
    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

that "Wise (in The Rain)" is a personal classic to me, although I don't like the remix you put up. check out the 2 first versions, (mixtape & album) in the media section.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

ghost is ok
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Well, I personally like ghost, and think that ghost rae duo is fuckin great.....
    I think those 2 should stick together like RZA & GZA do....
    Props to ghost for all his work with the wu...

I agree to the fullest..

rep !!!
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

Great thread man, one of the best ive rep in Wu chamber for a while

Default Great details

I just wanna say props for putting so much effort in the details, Even if I dont agree.

Banned

wise is general wise, killarmy's manager. ghost you to spend time down in steubenville, OH in the early days. ghost got shot down there while trying to snatch a gun from the dude (kind of like how he describes in Heart Gently Weeps). he had to be transported to pittsburgh to be treated

Banned

i understand what you are saying, TSA, but i think Gza is the best member of wu. i like his metaphorical rap better than Ghost's abstract rap. But when ghost tells a story, that shit is amazing. there is so much detail that you can pitcure the entire thing. you almost feel like you are there.

like on impossible, everyone probably pictures that shit differently, but everytime i hear that song the same "movie" pops into my head. i see what jamie looks like. i can see the panic of everybody. i see ghost holding him, his mother running to him. to me it's daytime. pronounced dead at 12:10 to me is right after noon. most people probably picture this as night time.

When i am listening to a rap song and reciting the words, that's all i am doing is reciting the words, but with ghost i always have a movie in my mind going along with the soundtrack. that's why ghost is crazy.

Gza is way too fixed, if you know what i mean, but he gets stuck saying the same shit or talking about the same shit, and when you compare catalogs, innovations among other things Ghost gets him on all aspects except metaphors. a 100 times more creative, though im not taking anything away from Gza

Quote Originally Posted by RzaRectum View Post
    Aren't the colors he is referring to, the colors that are already on the album covers? Its almost like Deja-Vu.
    yeah, which is what's cool about it cause it's like it was done on purpose
    but i said SOME PPL hear colors when they listen to music, some ppl hear seasons, some ppl hear reasons to touch rzas dick, eitherway, im offended by the retraction of the firmhand, expecially if he didn't rub he hand and give a light woo!
    Last edited by TSA; 05-29-2008 at 01:24 PM.

hahahha nah i's just kidding. on the real, those colors seem about right, especially SC being a bluish hue. and i think i would like FS even more if they'd went with that cover of ghost slicing up a big ass tuna or whatever that is

more akbar