are needs?
    are wants?
    are sacrifices?

y is price going up?
    who is to Blame?

the consumer
    the government
    the ones that are selling it

is it the u.s ..week dollar taking it to effect here?

what will be like later in life?

will the earth run out?

some are now saying in 5 years or so water will be the next black gold

not to run are cars

but it will be scarce
    as towns city's states grow

when oil is 300$ a barrel and water is gonna cost us every time we wanna make tea
    or take a shower
    what will u do..

i dont know about u but i think i need a new job to prepare me for what will happen down the road?

ur thoughts

facts

debate this

one thing i dont see is a variety of hybrid cars

there is a very small selection

its becouse peeps are now starting to buy them...next year their will be 4 like prius type cars..one fron honda..one from lexus the new prius wich will be like 120 hp with 50 some odd mpg

and their is a supper car in production that gets over 200 mpg....
    and its fast as a lambo

some new battery cell and using dessil or some shit..but will cost near a mill
    and they made a mini for 60 grand that runs on just batterys

hybrid trucks are in the makings aswell and suv's but still suck the gas
    with only 25 to 26 mpg..aint to bad for something that heavy

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    lets talk ....dirty...
    lets talk oil, fuel, gas ,what ever

are needs?
    are wants?
    are sacrifices?

y is price going up?
    Increased demand from developing countries, speculators making a profit from wars and international trade disputes

who is to Blame?

the consumer
    the government
    the ones that are selling it
    combination of the above. Mainly speculators profiteering from war. The US and China using too much oil is also a problem.

is it the u.s ..week dollar taking it to effect here?
    That would be the case in the US but the problem is greater than that as prices have also had a sharp increase in Europe and their economy has improved against the US$

what will be like later in life?

will the earth run out?
    It will run out. All resources are finite on this earth. I would say that the price of oil would not see future drop in price back to pre 2003 unless there is new oil field find that is larger than anything before or a dramatic change in engine development.

some are now saying in 5 years or so water will be the next black gold

not to run are cars

but it will be scarce
    as towns city's states grow
    Come to Australia! Our damn levels are down across the entire continent and water restrictions have been in place for years now.

when oil is 300$ a barrel and water is gonna cost us every time we wanna make tea
    or take a shower
    what will u do..

i dont know about u but i think i need a new job to prepare me for what will happen down the road?

ur thoughts

facts

debate this

Inflationary pressure from Oil prices have been dramatic over the past 2-3 years. In Australia the cost of living has increased but the average wage has not risen to match costs. I'm lucky enough that at the moment I earn enough to cover my needs, but I live a fairly simple existence by Western standards.

Prices this week for petrol in Australia reached $1.60 per litre. That would equate to $6.06 per gallon and with the difference in currency 1 A$ = US$ 0.9556 it would equate to Americans paying $5.79 at the pump. ($6.06 x 0.9556) which by my estimate would be around $1.70 to $1.79 higher than in the US in your currency.

Not good at all and very high excise taxes. Remember that Australia has huge cities that are sprawling in terms of size and have poor public transport structures compared to the US, Asia and Europe.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petro...home_page.html

http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/price...ch_results.cfm

ethanol will cause a skyrocket in food prices, we consume too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    ethanol will cause a skyrocket in food prices, we consume too much.
    Very true. It is already proving a problem in some countries at the moment and seems silly that we are feeding our cars when are not feeding the people who need the food.

yes the using of land to produce bio-fuel is the main cause in the global food shortages. i know this all too well.

for now the solution is to use hybrids. there are loads of new hybrid cars being made. some are less efficient then others but what can you do.

oil is running out, but there are still very large reserves. and if it didnt cost soo much you could just make oil. theres this gigantic compression machine in Germany which in a few days can make oil. only in small amounts though. so at the moment its kinda useless. the demand for its too high though, main blame is on China and India. these 2 countries are just buying up oil like its no ones business.

I say Hydrogen is the way forward, we are very close with solving the issues with it.

Battery cells are another option, although they cost alot. i think its the Lithium Ion Cell which is the main one being developed. i seen it at a motorshow once. this long slim battery which cost a good £1million. not sure if thats the one 100proof mentioned.

sad this is oil isnt running out, its just being produced minimally so that the price ill be high

a lot of it gets burnt on the spot cause there's too much coming out at one time to keep prices where they're at.

if we have a combination of mass plant cloning, and bio fuels in the right countries then the problem could be solved and ethanol will be good ta go.