Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Smith - Lost And Found

JRoll

Default Will Smith - Lost And Found

This is Will's 4th solo released in 2005. It features a more angrier approach to the music as he speaks on a number of topics ranging from the state of hip-hop to being dissed by a few people.

TRACKS

1. Here He Comes (5/5)

The beat is a hip-hop version of the spiderman theme song and was produced by DJ Jazzy Jeff and ATOJ productions. Talks about how he's coming back. Very good opener track.

2. Party Starter (5/5)

Co-written with Ludacris. My second favorite track on the album. Song content is self explanitory. Second single for the album.

3. Switch (5/5) Great party track. First single off the album.

4. Mr. Niceguy (5/5) This song is about how no matter how nice and humble Will is he is always getting dissed and blasted by fellow hip-hoppers and the media. In this song he gets back at Eminem, Larry Elder, and Wendy Williams. It has a great guitar riff, and the lyrics are on point..."Sometimes y'all mistake nice for soft, so before I go off..."

5. Ms. Holy Roller (5/5) This is one of the heavy hitters. Will talks about his ex-wife and how she became an extremist Christian but it is too late. He believes that extremist Christians are just as bad as the terrorists that made the 9/11 attacks. Once again another beat produced by the freshmen.

6. Lost & Found (5/5) My absolute favorite track off of the album. Will talks about the rap game and how everyone sounds the same. This song contains my favorite lines..."I spit heatrock and I ain't talking rollin
    Soon as the beat knock I'm crowd controlling
    When I hear ya'll that a awful sound
    I don't ride beats I take them off the ground
    Land them somewhere show them the town
    Even on foreign ground I let them know I'm around
    I don't follow everybody when it's time to rap
    At one time everybody thought the world was flat
    Sounds like you that was my intention
    I paid dues now dudes pay attention
    I live for it even though the flicks is hittin'
    Cribs sick you can see the booth from the kitchen
    Speak on it cause I saw it happen
    This is hip hop dawg
    I ain't just rappin
    Ya'll looking at a real MC
    Man you couldn't check a mic for me"

And... "Truck wit rims (check) throw back jersey (check)
    champagne bottles (check) lot's of models (check)
    Damn that's the list for 90 percent of ya'll videos and songs
    Am I wrong?!"

7. Tell Me Why (5/5) Featuring Mary J Blige on the chorus. This is the most emotional song on the album. It was supposed to be the second single but the produces decided to pick Party Starter. This is the first time Will says fuck in a song that he did except it is bleeped out. You can feel the anger in this song, especially at the end verse. He wants to know how is he supposed to explain to his kids why the world is crazy and why human life is always denied just to have money.

8. I Wish I Made That/Swagga (3/5) This is the first track to drop off, and really this track is two short songs put into one. The first half Will is sarcastically saying how he wish he made all the hits so the media would love him. Second half is self explanitory.

9. Pump Ya Brakes (5/5) Featuring Snoop Dogg with scratches done by Jazzy Jeff. 3 hip-hop icons in one track. This one has a good beat.

10. If You Can't Dance (Slide) (2/5) Featuring that Nicole girl from the Pussycat dolls. I skip this one often, and it is not very good. Scratches by Jazzy Jeff.

11. Could U Love Me (5/5) Great song about how Will wonders if he would still have all the fans he has now if he wasn't famous. Beat is amazing. Very catchy song. One of my favorites.

12. Loretta (5/5) Another great song. Talks about a true story about how far a young lady went to marry Will, in other words a crazy lunatic fan. Contagious beat.

13. Wave Em Off (5/5) Definatly one of my favorites. Great beat. Song is about how instead of resorting to violence, you ahould just ignore all the haters and enemies, just be yourself, and focus on what your doing instead of being caught up in fighting. Very good message as opposed to your current day wannabe thugs who think pulling the trigger solves everything in life.

14. Scary Story (5/5) Basically the story about how Will became an emcee in the beginning, telling the story to his kid. Good track.

15. Switch (R & B Remix) Featuring Robin Thicke. Technically this is Switch with a different beat, and it has one extra verse. I'm not going to rate it, but If I could it would be a 4/5, because it's the same song but the new beat is really good.

16. Switch (Reggae Remix) Featuring Elephant Man. Again will not rate. Reggaeton beat, that is tied with "If You Can't Dance (Slide)" for worst track on the album.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a SOLID album. It challenges BWS IMO for his best, but it's not quite the best. As far as track picks, really the whole album is good except for the songs I mentioned were no good.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by JRoll; 07-01-2008 at 03:15 PM.

It's aight

fav tracks

Tell me why
    Pump ya brakes with snoop
    and I wish I made that

I liked it. It's definitely overlooked. Lost and Found is true shit

"Why SHOULD I try to sound like yall sound?
    That's what's wrong with the rap game right now!"

One of those albums I'm embarassed to enjoy haha.

Favorite tracks:

Lost and Found
    Could U Love Me
    Wish I Made That/Swagga
    Ms. Holy Roller

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

dope album

but he will always be the fresh prince to me son!!!!

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Excellent album. Will is a top-notch rapper after all those years. A counter-proof for haters that say everyone falls off.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I just remembered his diss to Wendy Williams

"Wendy Williams, you don't know me
    I'm not your punching bag, you won't blow me up
    Girl, you'd better leave me alone
    Before I buy your radio station and send you home"

hahaha

This was a really dope album. Some people front on it because it's Will Smith though.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

lol at the thread starter, how can one track be 3/5 and it's not very good?

it's a 1.5/5
    Trent <3 =)

JRoll

It's still a listenable song asshole. It's just not up to par with the rest. You gave me a laugh there.

---------------------

On a side note I ordered Code Red it should come in like the next week or 2 and I'll have a review.

no one finds it weird that he's talking about not following other rappers...yet he has had other rappers WRITE for him? ELOELS!!!!!!!!

JRoll

Co-Writers. Not full verse writers.

^^^^

dude, ud let another rapper write a verse with you? why dont u just write the whole thing ur self?...and im not talking about co-writers.......

you can't call yourself a real mc if u got writers. this ain't singin where u gotta have skill and people write songs for u. anybody can say a rap so the skill is in creating your own shit

exactly....seems as though he hasnt found shit.

JRoll

Have you listened to any of his Fresh Prince material from back in the day? He wrote all of that by himself, while Jeff pretty much produced every track. Were talking about his solo stuff with co-writers. You're making it sound like he never wrote anything in his career for himself.