Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Smith - Lost And Found

ur making it sound like he's the Cat's cum covered Pajamas....just because he wrote his old shit, doesnt mean he does now, and that takes ALOT away from the way i view a rapper because there is nothing u can say to justify having written ur lyrics before and not anymore...

JRoll

Your making it sound like every track on every solo album it was written. The majority of his tracks are done by him. Nas co-wrote like 3-4 tracks on his first album.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    you can't call yourself a real mc if u got writers. this ain't singin where u gotta have skill and people write songs for u. anybody can say a rap so the skill is in creating your own shit
    That's not true at all. There are quite a few "singers" who have can't sing. They sell records because of good marketing/promotion.

Not anyone can say a rap. To me, and I suspect quite a few other people, hip-hop songs are alot more than just random words that rhyme.

Furthermore, MOST rappers (and yes, I'm including the good/great ones) have co-writers for some of their tracks. Some readily admit it, while others don't.
    Last edited by hide1998; 06-09-2008 at 12:14 AM.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

^i hate hearing that type of stuff. you think that here's someone with true genius and it turns out they cheated on the test for 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    ^i hate hearing that type of stuff. you think that here's someone with true genius and it turns out they cheated on the test for 100%.
    Again...MOST MCs (and not only the wack ones) have co-writers for some of their tracks. Whether it be a hook, part of a bar, etc. Some readily admit to it (not a big a deal, this isn't Puffy or Dr.Dre having ENTIRE albums written FOR them, mind you), some don't.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

JRoll

Now that's the truth.

Maybe not as good as "Big Willie Style" but still really GREAT album. 9,5/10

-

All of Will Smith's albums are wack hahahahahahahahahahaha. I heard Lost And Found and i didn't like it. He's a good rapper but his beats suck.