Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Miss Killarmy.

Default I Miss Killarmy.

For the past 3 days, I've been listening to "Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars" and these days, I appreciate this album a lot more than I did when I was in high school.

In those days, it was more about the sick beats and the "kill-em-all/fuck the government" attitude that they had.

Now, it's more about not only that, but the fact that a lot of those tracks have so much to say in them. Some are heart-felt, and others, though militant, still have an air of love for the people in them.

I guess I'm saying I want them to drop another album that's more in the vein of the first. Don't get me wrong, "Dirty Weaponry" was cool and "Fear, Love & War" was fuckin' amazing, but like Sade said, "It's never as good as the first time."
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

I too have come to appreciate Killarmy more after the fact, when I bought my first Killarmy album (dirty weaponry) back in 98/99 I never really appreciated it for what it was, I then bought Fear, Love & War when it came out and subsequently bought Silent Weapons shortly after. It hasn't really been until these last couple of years that I truly awoke to the rawness that was Killarmy, I truly hope we see the return of this group one day.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

when you re-visit the killarmy albums they are sik. hip-hop in its finest form.

like i get these moments when i jus solely listen to killarmy. you jus get addicted to it for a good week. then you drop off, then come back to it. the albums jus get even better.

^^ has they officially split up or anything?? ..also is 4th Disciple counted as a member of the group, I noticed chambermusik has him listed.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

smh @ this depressed ass nigga

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ has they officially split up or anything?? ..also is 4th Disciple counted as a member of the group, I noticed chambermusik has him listed.
    I think 4th Disciple is a member. He was listed as such on "Silent Weapons..."

I don't think they're dis-banded though. The last few albums I peeped from Dom Pachino and 9th Prince, they're still reppin' Killarmy.

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    There's a defining line between depression and contemplation.

Know it.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I feel you. I seen them perform years ago with Bobby Digital and the Black knights at the maritime hall here in SF

Killarmy was very good.. But they slipped with time.. all three albums were good, and their final song that I know of: Dancin' With Wolves was raw as hell.. But 9th's, baretta's, and shoguns styles devolved with time.. flows got mad sloppy, lyrics lost their passion... Killa Sin got locked up.. Dom Pachino tried to go solo, and Islord never had much talent... Don't see this group comin' back, and if they did, it's be weak, like wu-tang... Killa sin and dom pachino could work as a duo and put out quality material. Like Sunz Of Man.. They'd never drop a solid album together again.. But at least Hell Razah's back on his solo game.. He fell of for a while.. Killah Priest is still very good, but he needs to rehearse his shit more before he records, 'cause his flow and cadence have gotten sloppy...

Those who have something to fall back on, always do.

The army is the ONE Wu branch off that is hot, and has always spoke through the speakers in so many different ways that doesnt go over well with Top 40 but who gives a fuck, They're some of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by PsYkOsUs View Post
    Killarmy was very good.. But they slipped with time.. all three albums were good, and their final song that I know of: Dancin' With Wolves was raw as hell.. But 9th's, baretta's, and shoguns styles devolved with time.. flows got mad sloppy, lyrics lost their passion... Killa Sin got locked up.. Dom Pachino tried to go solo, and Islord never had much talent... Don't see this group comin' back, and if they did, it's be weak, like wu-tang... Killa sin and dom pachino could work as a duo and put out quality material. Like Sunz Of Man.. They'd never drop a solid album together again.. But at least Hell Razah's back on his solo game.. He fell of for a while.. Killah Priest is still very good, but he needs to rehearse his shit more before he records, 'cause his flow and cadence have gotten sloppy...
    Damn, I didn't know Sin got locked up. Do you know for what??

I know Islord practically STAYED locked up. He wasn't one of the best emcees in the group, but he could hold his own occasionally. Like on "Seems It Never Fails" he came off pretty decent imo.

No one expected The Fugees to re-group, or Rage Against The Machine, so, anything could happen.

If it DOES happen though, I really hope they continue to make shit from the soul.

I definitely feel you on that Sunz Of Man comment though. I hated their second album with a passion. Compared to "The Last Shall Be First", it was an insult to the very name of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    your sig is great..

Quote Originally Posted by PsYkOsUs View Post
    when they get together in studio again, they will push them against each other up... could be good for their flow and lyrics...

9th prince of n.y. was pretty good... ("KILLARMY, we never left. We never went no where we still here)

heard that killa sin and (i dont know exactly dom pachino) are recording a album with co-defendents (france)

hope they come back... still listin' to their albums...

Banned

shogun just got locked up a couple months ago. he just got hit with 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    Damn, I didn't know Sin got locked up. Do you know for what??

on the internet i found this

"He has been in-and-out of prison for the better part of his career and has been linked to several violent incidents within the Hip Hop community including one in which rapper Mase left with a broken jaw and another where associates of 50 Cent were robbed."

don't know if its 100 percent but don't see why not