Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Euro 2008 Thread.

Default Official Euro 2008 Thread.

discuss all about the upcoming tournament here.

heres my introduction:

Group A:
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Portugal
    Turkey

My predictions:
    although i would love for Turkey to go through with the sqaud we got thats gonna be a miracle. Same could be said for Switzerland, the co-hosts just dnt seem to have what it takes to beat the top teams.
    So like everyone else predicts Portugal and Czech Republic will go through. but ofcourse the 2 other teams shouldnt be counted out. never count out the hosts, and Turkey are practically hosts to with the mass amount of Turks that live in the area. expect the stadiums to be packed.

Group B:
    Austria
    Croatia
    Germany
    Poland

My predictions:
    Germany are very strong coming into this tournament they have a great mix of youth and talent. They will always play with that German discipline and efficiency. Croatia knocked out England, they cannot be underestimated. real strong side. I believe Germany will top the group, but im not gonna say Croatia have 2nd locked up. Poland will stir up some trouble in this group. Them being the groups underdog will be an advantage for them. As for Austria, well they are the worst team in the tournament. nuff said.

Group C: Da fuk!!!
    France
    Italy
    Holland
    Romania

My predictions:
    well first, every game in this group is gonna be awesome. i mean every team has the potential to win the whole tournament. yes Romania can win it, you have to see them play. they are awesome. great passing team. then you have a French team packed with talent. Ribery has been awesome as of late. Holland have one of the best squads in the world. Italy are World Champs. i aint predicting this group. thats jus madness.

Group D:
    Greece
    Russia
    Spain
    Sweden

My predictions:
    A question asked every tournament is, can Spain do it?? well if they can this is the tournament. no Raul, can Spain cope without their king. Torres has been a gem for liverpool. they have the best squad in the tournament. i believe their only weakness is them being perennial choke artists and coach Aragones. As for the rest of the group, Greece are reigning champs, but they are old and vunerable to fast paced teams. Sweden have an Ibrahimovic whose on top form. and Russia, if you watched any Zenit St petersburg game you would know about Andrei Arshavin. guys a golden playmaker. and with him playing like he is, Russia can qualify. reason why i believe Spain and Russia will advance from this group.

Drop your thoughts guys, only 2 days left until the opening games. May the best playing team win.

Wu Vatican

Group A:
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Portugal
    Turkey

My predictions:
    Portugal obviously going through. Second place, I honestly think Turkey can go through. If I had to pick between the two, I would give the CR a 51% to 49% chance going through over turkey. I feel turkey can be dangerous. CR has some big players out that I think will hurt them.

Group B:
    Austria
    Croatia
    Germany
    Poland

My predictions:
    Germany going through as 1. The second seed is a lot like the first group. I think poland can cause some problems. Although Croatia came out above England, I dont think that says a whole lot. In this I wouldn't be suprised if Croatia went through, but Im going with a little bit of an upset with Poland.

Group C:
    France
    Italy
    Holland
    Romania

My predictions:
    Italy, my boys, cant dog em, there going through as 1. Tons of talent on the attacking end. Great goalie. Great mid. Cannavaro out in the back hurts a little, but they still have a lot of talent back there. France I think if they get through will be because of Ribery. Henry is not the same player at international level as he is/was at club. Romania is dangerous and I feel they will nip some points away I dont think they will go through. I will take Holland as the 2.

Group D:
    Greece
    Russia
    Spain
    Sweden

My predictions:
    Out of this group I feel Spain and Russia will be the 2. Although either one could be 1 or 2. Sweden although has talent, just doesn't have enough. Zlatan cant do it all. And Greece is butt to me so I dont really see them doing anything.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

only a couple hours away now.

first game predictions.

the Czechs will beat the Swiss.

Portugal will dismantle Turkey.

i cant fukin believe Turkeys starting 11 for the Portugal game, it just got announced. the fukin entire squads shokin this starting 11 is jus filled up with bench warmers and unknowns. da fuks the manager thinking. this is fukin sabotage, i still dnt get how a guy named Kazim Kazim who aint even a Turk gets to start.

teams a joke.

My predictions for Poland Vs. Germany:
    we're gonna loose, it's quite obvious

'Section 9'

Good thread, hope it gets publicity.

I'm for Spain. I think they deserve a title after so many years of talented squads. They have a great squad and players that were in perfect form during the season (Fabregas,Torres,Reina,Ramos...). The problems I've heard about Torres I think are just rubbish. He adapted to Liverpool and scored 30+ goals in his first season in England, I mean that's really something. I think he will be just fine.

I hope Spain goes semi-final or further.

Other than that, I think Holland is the silent assassin of the cup. They are in a tough group, but I think they could, with a run of luck, go far,quarters or semis...

Quote Originally Posted by Prim0 View Post
    My predictions for Poland Vs. Germany:
    we're gonna loose, it's quite obvious
    Germany are tournament favourites, funny the last goal they scored in a european championship was back in 96. they should obviously do better now. Poland do have a serious chance of making it out of the group though.

i think what separates Germany and Italy from teams like spain, holland and portugal is the ability to grind out a victory. basically they dnt choke in big games while the others do.

Yeah we got chances to make out of the group no doubt, but the point is that we ain't got no chances to win with Germany

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Overall I'm going for Croatia...and then Spain.

Group A:

Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Portugal
    Turkey

My predictions:

1. Portugal
    2. Czech Republic
    3. Turkey
    4. Switzerland

Group B:

Austria
    Croatia
    Germany
    Poland

My predictions:

1. Germany
    2. Croatia
    3. Poland
    4. Austria

Group C:

France
    Italy
    Holland
    Romania

My predictions:

1. Italy
    2. Holland
    3. France
    4. Romania

Group D:

Greece
    Russia
    Spain
    Sweden

My predictions:

1. Spain
    2. Sweden
    3. Russia
    4. Greece
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 06-11-2008 at 10:46 AM.

i feel like throwing up after watching this game. fukin disgusted, i swear to god Fatih Terim is sabotaging this team. Nihat upfront on his own is just suicide. forcing Altintop an attacking midfielder to defend Ronaldo is ridiculous. FUK THIS TEAM THEY DIDNT EVEN SHOW ANY EFFORT. PATHETIC. THIS IS NOT MY NATIONAL TEAM. THEY SHOULD ALL BE BANNED FROM THE NATIONAL TEAM.

wats even more shoking is the best players on our team aint even Turkish. oh the fukin shame.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

I must admit HAN...Turkey could have lost that game 4 or 5 though...
    I agree with you about Turkey's tactics...

DrunkenMasta303

wow i didnt even see that there was a euro thread, this is what ive posted in the football thread

i have very much faith in germany this time, we have a good mixture of experienced and young players, a very good coach, and in my opinion the best midfield in europe, the only problem is our defence, sometimes we are a little sleepy there, but in overall i think we're good prepared for this tournament and after the worldcup 06 we have the confident and the hunger to win it all, you better protect ya neck italy

plus our team chemistry is also good because 80% percent of our players are in the same club (just bayern and werder bremen) so they play and practice with each other everyday

Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post
    I must admit HAN...Turkey could have lost that game 4 or 5 though...
    I agree with you about Turkey's tactics...
    its just really frustrating cause its soo clear to see. the tactics and squad is jus plain wrong.

eversince i saw the squad i knew this was gonna be a horrible tournament. we can field a team that can be considered as one of the tournaments favourites. but the politics of turkish football and Terims head up his ass wont allow this.

it was over before it started.

Germany look very good. they played very calmly and opened up Poland relatively easily.

Croatia didnt seem very comfortable at all. they only played well for 30 minutes, Austria deserved a draw. played very well, jus didnt have a goalscorer.