Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Euro 2008 Thread.

DrunkenMasta303

DEEUUTSCHLAAANDDEEUUTSCHLAAND, good start for our team the first step is done and looked really promising, 2 goals by podolski against his birth country brought the W, poland was not bad too they had good chances and played very physical, lets see if we can continue against croatia on friday because that game is really important, sorry primO

'Section 9'

I was surprised by both Austria and Poland. Poland played very tough and competitive football,even I think they've played better in certain periods. That Krzynowek dude had a sitter.I really liked Poland, I really think they have serious chance of passing the group. I'm supporting them along with Spain as of tonight.

I liked Croatia's first half, although Austria was slightly timid out there. But the roles switched in the second half. Austria became more dominant,more serious shots,on and off goal. Tougher play,better backline. I really think if Croatia's players weren't so determined (almost fanatic), they could have easily lost those 3 points. And big congrats to Modric. He's a really young player, yet he kept calm on that spot.

And as for the man of the match, I say Pletikosa. He made some key direct saves, rushed out pretty well and was secure, just as a experienced goalkeeper should be in this level of competition.

Next stop is a couple of killer matches. Killer matches

Romania - France ... my call is a tough France win, Romania may have quality, and I can't deny that, but France is France. It's just the better team that wins.

Netherlands - Italy ... here I call for Netherlands, as I said at the start, they will be the silent killers of the Cup. I may be risking with this call,but fuck it, that's a tough squad that has been in good form during the whole season. Not to mention Babel.

watch out for Romanis Marica. i seen him play a couple times a real quality player.

i dnt kno about France. theres still a question mark over them. this is the first tournament without Zidane for this team. how will they cope. i still dnt think Domenech is the right guy to manage this team.

for that game i say a draw. Romania will hold out

Italy vs Holland. again holland are jus a team with loads of talent but i think they jus lack the ability to break down italy.

it really depends on the way the teams approach the game. whichever team forces their own style of play upon the other will have the advantage in the game. because of that i think Italy have the slight advantage.

told ya'll that we're gonna loose... Thank God that Kubica was first in Canada (f1)

'Section 9'

Yeah Kubica was the winner of the weekend. He just sat back,held his position,and watched Hamilton and Raikonen knock the shit out of each other, and came out as the winner.

Go Poland!

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Holland went deep....

Best game so far by a landslide.

But The Stove Was Off... 6² Chambaz's Avatar

Go Holland ! In fact go France & Romania. Time for Italy to face reality

'Section 9'

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    Netherlands - Italy ... here I call for Netherlands, as I said at the start, they will be the silent killers of the Cup. I may be risking with this call,but fuck it, that's a tough squad that has been in good form during the whole season. Not to mention Babel.
    Who was right?

'Section 9'

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    Other than that, I think Holland is the silent assassin of the cup. They are in a tough group, but I think they could, with a run of luck, go far,quarters or semis...
    Prophecy

Italy actualy didnt play bad. it jus wasnt their day. couldnt score for shit.

Holland though wow, jus wow, amazing counter attacking football. the passing was jus too good.

France looked shit against Romania. didnt really threaten Romania was comfortable playing their own game. they will play like this in their other games to.

Holland-Italy match best soo far. even though Italy lost 3-0 i think they will go through in this group.

DrunkenMasta303

daaamn today i was in holland (visiting my parents there) and people on the street went just craaazy, blocking all the streets, throwing fireworks, running over cars n shit hahaha, that was when i knew holland just won the game

Wu Vatican

i still think italy can move on. they just need some tweeking. de rossi needs to be on the pitch. grosso needs to be on the pitch. del peiro and or cassono should see more of the next game.

france didnt impress and romania can be beaten as well.

that first goal was offsides. and the other 2 goals were superb counter attacks. but they go from almost tieing than down 2-0. than almost bringing it back to 2-1 to down 3-0, within seconds of italys chance. it was a goal the other way. that shit is just a back breaker.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

The first goal was not offside, there was a player from italy on the ground outside the field. And the rule is that he remains the last man, that's why it wasn't offside.. But it looked offside, i agree with that.
    "Hip hop is not what it is today.."

Veteran Member mic-cord-strangler's Avatar

yes the goal was 100% legit. i thought it was offside too when i saw the goal happen, but i didnt realize there was an italian defender on the floor behind the goal line. he had not left the field with permission by referee or anything like that, so he was still active in the game.
    1st king

France weren't bad at all. I was actually impressed by their fast pace attacks. It's just that Romania played so defensive and basically went for the draw that the French couldn't score.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi