Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Euro 2008 Thread.

TheWolf

Quote Originally Posted by Shenkie View Post
    France weren't bad at all. I was actually impressed by their fast pace attacks. It's just that Romania played so defensive and basically went for the draw that the French couldn't score.
    As a 'top team', you've got to be able to break down smaller teams, who are going to be happy to play for a draw.

The French had no invention, creativity, or rythm.

Romania is a team that's not even half as shitty as some people are thinking, no matter what kind of top team is trying to break their defence, chances are little that they score. And I think the Dutch will have their hands full on France next Friday and I actually think the French will beat them.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Romania is a team that's not even half as shitty as some people are thinking, no matter what kind of top team is trying to break their defence, chances are little that they score. And I think the Dutch will have their hands full on France next Friday and I actually think the French will beat them.
    I agree with you that Romania are much better than what people give them credit for...
    But I don't know...France just seem like they have all their "Best Players"
    In the side...not the "Best Players That Compliment Eachother"
    Like the problem that England have only just learned about !!!!!!

I will be surprised if they beat Holland.

I think Holland and Italy will qualify.
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 06-10-2008 at 04:24 PM.

'Section 9'

So...how about that Spain? I told ya they were deadly. Russia played really good, even better in the first half of the first half, but that goal kinda downed them. I really like how Spain put 2 great passes into 2 great goals. Torres played better than I expected,but the cream of the crop was Iniesta with that pass.

Let's see how the second half turns out.

Wu Vatican

That goal was offside sons im telling you. Its if the defender goes off the pitch on purpose. Dude was clearly knocked off the pitch by buffon on the ground in a bit of pain.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Wu Vatican

Spain is looking good on O. A bit shaky on D. Russia is getting some stuff going just not crisp on the finish.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

But The Stove Was Off... 6² Chambaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    That goal was offside sons im telling you. Its if the defender goes off the pitch on purpose. Dude was clearly knocked off the pitch by buffon on the ground in a bit of pain.
    it wouldve been offside if the player left the pitch and informed the referee, if he hadn't, then it's the same as being off the pitch on the side

'Section 9'

Fuck yeah! 4:1... I really expect big things from them.

Man of the match was obviously Villa, three goals is a great achievement. Apart from that,Xavi, he was all over the field. Senna was solid too, surprised me.

You are not your job Tyler Durden's Avatar

Is anyone doing a sweep at there work place.
    If I win I get £90. Which isn't really too bad.

But I went and picked Croatia out the hat, they won their first match and will probably make it out of their group but I don't have a four-flavoured-fuckin' chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post

Man of the match was obviously Villa, three goals is a great achievement. Apart from that,Xavi, he was all over the field. Senna was solid too, surprised me.
    Wow, Russia was pathetic and this game could easily have ended in 8-2 for the Spainards. Spain had so many chances they botched, really, the Russian defence was nowhere, couldn't build up let alone keep possession. It was more due to the fact that the Russians played such an embarrassingly poor game than that Spain was playing so well that they won.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Wow, Russia was pathetic and this game could easily have ended in 8-2 for the Spainards. Spain had so many chances they botched, really, the Russian defence was nowhere, couldn't build up let alone keep possession. It was more due to the fact that the Russians played such an embarrassingly poor game than that Spain was playing so well that they won.
    The Russians just didnt seem bothered when they were attacking. no urgency in their offense. and with their shit defending it really didnt help. Spain played well going forward, Torres and Villa play well together. defensively though they lack organisation. they will struggle against the better offensive teams.

as for the sweden - greece game. Greece were shit. they are soo single minded in their play. i mean there was periods were the 3 centre backs were just passing to each other wasting time. Sweden were patient and Ibrahimovic scored a nice goal. the 2nd goal was just a joke. Greece are too old, so they cant defend as good as they did 4 years ago. and they got nothing going upfront so they are really fuked.

Wu Vatican

get those mules out of the tourny. that was terrible to watch. their midfielders weren't even checking down to get the ball. im glad they didnt get a draw or even sneak a win out of it.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post

I loved the way Torres set up Villa for the first goal...
    It's great when you see players being unselfish.

Spain look like they mean buisness...
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 06-11-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Spain to win the tournament, thats what im hoping for.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Those greezy spaniards dont have a defense. Marchena and Puyol are both not good enough to win a tournament. Russia are missing there star player for the first 2 games so without Arshavin they are really a different team. Arshavin wouldve ruled this tournament if he wasnt suspended.
    Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 06-10-2008 at 05:59 PM.