Thread: RZA news

Default RZA news

Although Wu-Tang Clan's Rza is best known for his unique brand of Hip Hop production, it appears he's ready branch out and work on a few other projects for the latter half of 2008. This year he will release at least two albums--Digi Snax, which will be released through Koch on June 24 and the Hip-Hop/Metal project Achozen with System of a Down bassist Shavo Odadjian. Rza gave HipHopDX some exclusive information about his upcoming projects during a recent phone call.

"I think the Achozen album is gonna come later this year," says Rza of the project which features himself, Odadjian, Kinetic 9 of Killarmy and Reverend William Burke. "We took a few years to do that album, and I did that album as a lead [vocalist]. I did a few productions on there, but Shavo produced most of the music." Rza says the unlikely pairing happened after he and Odadjian found they had similar interests and had overcome some of the same struggles.

"We came together because we had a common struggle--his people and the Armenian genocide," adds Rza. "Once I learned about his struggle, we became friends and began talking about different things in life. That allowed us to start making music together. The album is a super-conscious album. I think we've got a lot of good lyrics, but there's also some witty and fun stuff on there too. That's too early right now, though. We can't even put that out there like that." Achozen released their fist single, "Deuces," on April 22 through the website Ursession.com.

Although he has appeared in several movies and also scored the 2003 film Kill Bill, Rza has hopes of moving behind the camera. After working with both Quentin Tarantino and Jim Jarmusch, "The Abbot" hopes to have his directorial debut, The Man with the Iron Fist, finished and released before the end of 2008.

"You saw me studying with Mr. Tarantino for six years, and I want to be a movie director," says Rza. While he refused to give any details about the film, sources tell HipHopDX that the project will be related to Kung-fu, and the script has been reworked at least twice. There have also been rumors of martial arts master Lau Kar Leung, whose credits include The 36th Chamber and Master of the Flying Guillotine, being involved in some capacity.

Finally, Chesspark.com and Rza have successfully launched Wuchess.com. The site offers memberships for competitive chess players for $48 per month. Rza's chess skills have been well-documented, and he still holds the title as the holder of the 2007 Hip Hop Chess Federation belt. Members of Wuchess.com tell the New York Times that hundreds of free memberships will be given to school-age children and 10 to 20 percent of the revenue generated from the site will finance academic scholarships to be awarded through the Hip Hop Chess Federation.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...lm-albums-more

nothing new really but DAMN that fucking wu-chess site, i thought the 50 dollars was just a one-time thing for membership but once every month?? ..fuck that!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

yeaah i thought it will be for free but when i saw that you need to buy a membership for one month...better go and play yahoo.com for free
    Stay Off The F*&?%$' Flowers

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

First of all, I just can't fuckin wait for these albums...
    Second, do somebody knows anything bout this film...?! Release date or somethin like that...?! I have heard of it a while ago, but did not know it will come up till the end of this year..8-)
    Third, fuck wu-chess... members of wu chess told hip-hop...........haha what members. They r either from wu or killa beez, or some fucked up hard ppl.... Nothing third..

thanks for the info
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

........and yeah, I forgot, props for da info...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    nothing new really but DAMN that fucking wu-chess site, i thought the 50 dollars was just a one-time thing for membership but once every month?? ..fuck that!
    Think of the children.....!...............

RZA is doing big things... big pockets lol.

Constant Elevation Blaque_Ravage's Avatar

Cool

thanks for the news...but no way Im paying 50 monthly....thats pretty deep..what thats like 600 yearly...but I see some of it goes to a good cause.

"Those who havent learnt get returned you freaky ass niggas get burned some walk around like they aint concerned with the hell goin on inside the world. Why do grown men molest little girls it is because the girls breast has swelled to the size of a women,although shes 12.The whole world is sick,sick,sick trapped up in six,six,six "Sunshower~The Rza

Banned

$48 is for 12 months. The article is wrong.

^^ True, true..................