Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lil Wayne - The carter 3 sold 527,928 copies first day

i agree with TSA........hey.....nas isn't lost........

LW had a great marketing scheme (props for that)...but i have to say that his music is garbage, he is faggot, and his flow sux.

i aint really been a wayne fan of his songs after he stopped fuckin wit Mannie Fresh but u gotta give him props he worked hard for those sales he put out hundreds of original songs for free between Carter 2 and Carter 3

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

most backpackers (including myself) think that hip-hop has only four elements, when infact the 5th element is MOST DEFINITELY marketing, as it is with any music genre,..
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

Wayne did his thing right... mad mixtape exposure...free songs... commercialness...street (not mad at him), although I think he sucks!!! 50 is hating right now lol.

I really don't understand his appeal. Why do people love him so much? I just find him reaaaally irritating. Whatever though... whatever makes people happy and congratulations to him I suppose. 500k on one day? God damn

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I really don't understand his appeal. Why do people love him so much? I just find him reaaaally irritating. Whatever though... whatever makes people happy and congratulations to him I suppose. 500k on one day? God damn

co-sign, big up to Weezy, i might not like his music personally, but Gold sales in the first day, thats an accomplishment, how often you see that happen with your favourite rapper ?? Nas do that ?? Ghost do that ?? nah, dont be jealous of dude....

and to dude that said Weezy will fade out soon, i doubt it, he's been making hits for more than 10 years now, he obviously aint a one hit wonder, as long as he can put words together over decent-ish beats, i think he'll be around for a while...

^ It's almost always like that though, the actual good artists with some substance to their music and not just "we up in the club" never do as well commercially, and I don't really expect them to either. Most people just buy whatever lame shit is on the radio

Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    Rock stars always did make more money - he is a rock star/rapper now.
    no hes not

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLIION JENSEN View Post

and to dude that said Weezy will fade out soon, i doubt it, he's been making hits for more than 10 years now, he obviously aint a one hit wonder, as long as he can put words together over decent-ish beats, i think he'll be around for a while...
    Hes actually been in the game for 15 years since 1993. Hes recorded and released 1000 verses in the last 2 years alone.

This man DESERVES everything he is getting now. Hardest worker in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Hes actually been in the game for 15 years since 1993. Hes recorded and released 1000 verses in the last 2 years alone.

exactly, he might not be in my top 20 favourite rappers, he might have sexual tendancies that i (along with God & nature) find repulsive, but respect the fuck outta his hustle...

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    u gotta give him props he worked hard for those sales he put out hundreds of original songs for free between Carter 2 and Carter 3
    that's the key. hip hop nowadays is about staying relevant and keeping your name in people's heads. weezy did just that. way too many rappers try to protect their projects in a terribly annoying way, telling you to not to download but to buy, crying about the current state of hip hop, how hard they work etc. that's the wrong approach if you want to be successful.

just look at wale. dude just put out a mixtape for free. I'm sure he'll sign a major contract (def jam) soon. you gotta give the fans something for free, so the anticipation for an upcoming project (the artist wants money for) is even bigger.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

I respect his grind but I really aint a fan most of the songs by him that I do care for are because of other things...i.e. another rapper on the cut or the beat is just that hot...etc...etc

but I gotta respect the grind, Sun been puttin in mad work

click the sig if you vatican status

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post

Why should he be glorified for 1000 half-assed verses? Every single MC can do what he does, but what Wayne does is take maybe 5 minutes for each verse babling about similies of himself and similies of his "haters", etc. There is no substance in any of his verses so saying he deserves credit for less work is kind of stupid. Think of it as your math homework. Lets say, little Johnny who does 50 math problems on a worksheet and gets 45 out of 50 problems correct because he TRIED! Now there is little Bobby who has a 100 problems on his worksheet and rushes through it only to get 30 out of 100 correct. Who did better? Little Johnny who did less problems but actually tried on those? Or little Bobby who had more problems but didn't try as hard and got less correct?

For those who are blind,
    little Johnny = MC
    little Bobby = rapper
    Lil Wayne = rapper

Do ya'll get it?

And don't give me that shit like "Oh he just makin' money, respect the hustle", 'cause that shit is just played out.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    Nas Lost
    how'd he lose when he hasn't even dropped his album all's Nas did was drop a mixtape and the only reason people copped it was because they've been brainwashed like pure idiots who'll buy anything corperate america sells them
    i buy good music not dumb music made for stupid people

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The GFX View Post
    that's the key. hip hop nowadays is about staying relevant and keeping your name in people's heads. weezy did just that. way too many rappers try to protect their projects in a terribly annoying way, telling you to not to download but to buy, crying about the current state of hip hop, how hard they work etc. that's the wrong approach if you want to be successful.

just look at wale. dude just put out a mixtape for free. I'm sure he'll sign a major contract (def jam) soon. you gotta give the fans something for free, so the anticipation for an upcoming project (the artist wants money for) is even bigger.
    Wale already signed a deal with Mark Ronson's company and interscope