7. Phone Home
    8. Tie My Hands (f/ Robin Thicke)
    9. Mrs. Officer (f/ Bobby Valentino)
    10. Let The Beat Build
    11. Shoot Me Down (f/ D. Smith)
    12. Lollipop (f/ Static Major)
    13. La La (f/ Brisco & Busta Rhymes)
    14. Playing With Fire (f/ Betty Wright)
    15. You Ain't Got Nuthin (f/ Fabolous & Juelz Santana)
    16. Dontgetit
    Last edited by RynMur; 06-13-2008 at 04:13 PM.

JRoll

My sister purchased this awful piece of garbage and all she does is blast it in the house and my freaking ears bleed.

theres a couple of good songs from what i heard. one being mr carter, mostly because of the beat and jay z.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Ill give it a 'D'

'Let the Beat Build' is my shit, other than that its nothing important. Such a stepdown from Carter II which was a pretty good album

i'll listen to it all via youtube cause i've been maining to and come thru wif duh review
    but ghost deni wanye killed Jay-z on the song(which is REALLY REALLY good, but for some reason feels a bit too long)

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

4/5

Wow I download it out of curiosity to see what was all the hype, even though I predicted it was bad... but I could not get through half of every song. Wow this guy has gotten so fuckin annying!!! He dint flow like this before, what the fuck happened?? I enjoyed his cash money days, I was a big fan of those guys, then I was feeling some of his solo work, even that "Go Dj" and "Fireman" crap, but this is pathetic.

This is not a haterish move but I give it an (F)

i'll post as i go so it's easier to read cause i have a tendancy to drag shit out.
    im at

Comfortable

so far the album has help me understand lil wanye cause it's him at his most confident and adventerous. What i've learned is that if your uptight it's gonna be hard to listen to him, therefore having a pretext of hate is gonna ruin it.

if you currently don't like lil wayne, there's no need in listening to the album, not cause it's that bad, but cause it's what you hate about him x3.

this is how you have to listen to lil wayne im learing: When he says he's a martian, he means it, and if you don't get it you won't like it. like cappadonna calling himself a slang prostitute. I thought donna triumph verse was wack. When i figured out he was prostituting slang, and understood the essense of that term you like him more cause you know what your getting. Anyways, wayne being a martin means he's a nut, or out of this world, and ppl think he's dope for the out of this world type, left field, play by a different set of rules attitude he brings to his rhyme. He's like a creature, and therefore the less of a fuck he gives on a rhyme the iller he is in that context. Just like the more non sensey a ghost verse, the better, or the more ridiculous a cappdonna term the iller (shit on your brain wipe my ass with your phenominems" "rhyme prostitute, slang slut" "I love you like i love my dick size" "22 outfits and a mic check" or even when he makes up nicknames from himself like saying Diggler on 8 diagrams, by understanding his unique context it gets doper.

3 peat was recycled verses, above average, not really that good as an intro

Mr. Carter is good as fuck, the first lil wayne song in years that listening to it isn't work for me. not cause of jay-z either, wayne killed him cause on energy, and jay-z was trying to sound like wayne reducing his prestige and upping wayne. one some the student has become the master shit

A Milli is good as fuck. Turns out Cory Gunz is on the original, but kill lil wayne so hard

he cut his verse out at the last minute before release lol. the verison with Gunz is on the internet, he honestly does kill the living shit out of wayne's life style and self dignity with what has to be some of the illest wordplay since Big Pun

Got Money sounds like everyone's T-Pain feature song. It helps reinforce a vibe that the album is not really about anything, just a lot of ideas throw together which will draw down the strength of the general cohesion of the album and all the songs themselves cause after a while it's gonna be an album your in the mood for this type of song, play that song, and skip the rest. like 421 judgement day (only this album is better)

Comfortable is real nice. REAL nice. great song to play with ya wimminz, turns out lil waynes voice turns them on according to one, but he's

"a ugly ass nigga that should stay in a closet and work for a phone sex line"-Chance.

Dr. Carter is THE FUCKING SHIT! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

THE BEAT! LISTEN TO THAT SHIT

THATS WHAT RAPPERS DON'T DO ANYMORE!

THAT RIGHT THERE, WHAT EVER THE FUCK IT IS, THAT! THAT RIGHT THERE IS WHAT RAPPERS DON'T DO ANYMORE, THAT BEAT!.

concept and lyrics are dope too. Hip Hop classic song. First song i've felt like replaying.

FUCK these lyrics are amazing. FUCK.

AHAHAhahahah! Phone home is exactly what im talking about. The album is a trip into a scatterminded imagination and personality. I'm learning the concept of this album as a whole is Lil wayne is a nut. Dude's an Alien like Gonzoles.

ill post more
    Last edited by TSA; 06-13-2008 at 08:15 PM.

ill eventually give it a listen being that i did like the carter 2 and some of his other shit...

PRODIGAL SUN

if you include the bonus tracks its a modern day classic.

The 2 disc deluxe is the version you should all be listening to.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

i voted 'c'.....

musically, this is garbage, but i respect his efforts.

LW has the worst flow in hip hop right now.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    i voted 'c'.....

musically, this is garbage, but i respect his efforts.

LW has the worst flow in hip hop right now.
    he has no flow and his lyrics are so homo

A lil' above average album. Besides Dr. Carter, he doesn't really have a track that stands out lyrically. However, the album is not as bad as some people are making it (6 Fs?). The thing is Wayne has great ideas for songs, but his lack of lyrics is what throws them off most of the time. It's a great produced album, but it doesn't really fit into any type of theme.

Top 5: Mr. Carter (even though they both come weak on their lyrics), Dr. Carter, Phone Home, Let The Beat Build, Shoot Me Down

Overall Grade: (2.7/5) C+