• C

13 18.06%
  • D

9 12.50%
  • F

26 36.11%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter III

I decided I had to listen to this. I have always hated Wayne's voice, and flow, but decided to give it an honest listen. I did, and honestly, this is utter garbage in every way shape and form!!!! What a horrible rapper!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Crusadah View Post
    I decided I had to listen to this. I have always hated Wayne's voice, and flow, but decided to give it an honest listen. I did, and honestly, this is utter garbage in every way shape and form!!!! What a horrible rapper!!!!
    Serves you right for listening to someone you already made up your mind about.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Shaolin Master

One of my potnas likes Lil Wayne alot, and I have never really listened to him, because I usually don't listen to artists with a lil' in front of there names. I respect my potnas opinion so I gave this Carter 3 a spin, actually 2 spins. This album is just not good. The beats are sub-par and to commercial sounding, and this dude is nust not a good rapper. My opinion is that this album is great for teenage white girls and neandrathals, but everyone else should avoid. I wish I did.

Default Kongcrete Debut Album Is Available Now!!!

Tha Carter III is not that bad! There's some interesting hip hop on it. It's quite original.

Highly anticipated Kongcrete self-titled debut album is now available in stores!!! This is serious Ghetto Rock music straight from NYC streets! The album was mastered by the one and only Vlado Meller (Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Public Enemy, and more) of Universal Music Studios. Go to www.myspace.com/kongcrete to check out some music!!!
    Last edited by Kongcrete; 06-21-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

What a place to do advertisement.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    What a place to do advertisement.
    lmao

all the 'artists' on this forum are just too much

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Wink

For an album with so much sales expectation on it before it was released, its amazing for me that theres 5 songs on here without a hook and were basically just freestyled.

3 Peat
    (prod. Maestro)
    For me the highlight of the album, maybe. I just thought Wayne ripped this. Good example of his flow that everyone talks about.
    5/5

Mr. Carter
    After many listens, ive changed my opinion on who had the best verse, I think wayne took this now. On first listen you think Jigga murdered Wayne, but after a while Waynes charisma on this takes over and Jiggas gets a little boring.
    4.5/5

A Milli (prod. Bangladesh)
    2nd song without a hook. just pure playing with words.
    4/5

Got Money
    I skip this everytime. It doesnt sound mixed right and doesnt fit with the rest of the album.
    2/5

Comfortable
    (feat. Babyface, prod. Kanye West)
    LOVE this hook, Babyface did hsi thing here, this is so addictive.
    4.5/5

Dr. Carter
    (prod. Swizz Beatz)
    Cant front, Wayne ripped this, fresh concept, well executed.
    4/5

Phone Home
    (prod. Cool & Dre)
    PURE WEEZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shouldda been more songs like this. This beat is intense!
    5/5

Tie My Hands
    (feat. & prod. Robin Thicke)
    Real nice, the white mans D'Angelo elohel. Great verses from Weezy
    4/5

Mrs. Officer
    (feat. Bobby Valentino, prod. Deezle)
    ERRRRRRRRRRRRMMMM WTF
    2/5

Let the Beat Build (prod. Kanye West)
    Worst Kanye beat i ever heard. I dont get this song.
    2/5

Shoot Me Down (feat. & prod. D. Smith)
    Incredible. Wayne is supposed to be rapping at his reflection in the mirror, the concept is amazing.
    5/5

Lollipop (feat. Static Major, prod. Jim Jonsin & Deezle)
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, not actually as bad as everyone makes out, but i still skip it most times
    2/5

La La (feat. Brisco & Busta Rhymes, prod. David Banner)
    This is very close to being wack, but just about survives.
    2.25/5

Playing With Fire (feat. Betty Wright, prod. StreetRunner)
    Chorus is good, beat is too rock
    3/5

You Ain't Got Nuthin' (feat. Fabolous & Juelz Santana, prod. Alchemist)
    FAB TOOK THE BEST VERSE OF THE YEAR PRIZE RIGHT HERE
    4.5/5

Don'tGetIt (prod. Rodnae & Mousa)
    YAWN
    4/5

FINAL IMPRESSION

Considering this is actually the Carter 4, as the OG one got leaked last year, its a great effort. if you mix the best OG Carter 3 tracks with this Carter 3, you have a classic.

8.5/10. As an album.

10/10 for the influence this album wll have on the game.

wayne rambles on about nothing for the majority of the album...some nice beats here & there but shit was terrible & corny to me

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

check it wayne has a awful voice like he's been dome in birdman ha ha i cant stand this lame...saying hes the best m.c in the world ha ha ha fuck this lame fuck....fuck lil gayne

If you don't like the beat on Let the Beat Build, then you obviously aren't listening to it on a good system. That beat is hard.

I listen all my music on headphones. That beat ain't hard, it sounds too amateurish to be. Sad because it's Kanye, the king of polished beats.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

^^^ I love the way that sample is used tho. It's so smooth

I can't feel it, man. It sounds like one of my first FL sampled beats I threw away because it sounded too disjointed.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Yea it does sound like somthin that could be easily done on FL, but regardless I like it. The way its looped and overlaps itself works nice

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    I can't feel it, man. It sounds like one of my first FL sampled beats I threw away because it sounded too disjointed.
    Exactly, youre right, but Kanye didnt really produce that song. He just gave that vocal sample. Thats all he gave a vocal sample. It was on a CD of about 15 bare samples he gave to Wayne, unfinished, but Weezy liked that sample, and "Deezle" produced the track (i.e added the drums).