Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods is amazing...

Yea, well Nicklaus also played at a time when only a handful of golfers were serious contenders, and while his 18 Majors are a record, tiger is fast on his tail, has NEVER lost a major after leading through 54. Oh yea he also holds these distinctions.

MOST PGA TOUR WINS PRIOR TO 25TH BIRTHDAY: Tiger Woods holds record with 24. Horton Smith is second with 17 (1933).
    MOST PGA TOUR WINS BETWEEN AGES 20-29: Tiger Woods holds record with 34. Jack Nicklaus had 30.
    MOST PGA TOUR WINS AFTER 25 STARTS: Tiger Woods holds record with 6. Ken Venturi is second with 5.
    MOST PGA TOUR WINS AFTER 50 STARTS: Jack Nicklaus holds record with 8. Tiger Woods tied in second with Ken Venturi (7).
    MOST PGA TOUR WINS AFTER 75 STARTS: Tiger Woods holds record with 17. Jack Nicklaus is second with 12.
    MOST PGA TOUR WINS AFTER 100 STARTS: Tiger Woods holds record with 28. Jack Nicklaus is second with 17.
    YOUNGEST PLAYER TO WIN 5 PGA TOUR EVENTS: Record held by Horton Smith (20 years, 10 months, one day) in 1929. Tiger Woods is second youngest (21 years, four months, 20 days).
    YOUNGEST PLAYER TO ACHIEVE #1 WORLD RANK: Tiger Woods at 21 years, 24 weeks. Previously held by Bernhard Langer (29 years, 31 weeks) in 1986.
    LOWEST 72-HOLE SCORE: 259 (21 under par) in 2000 WGC NEC Invitational.
    LOWEST 72-HOLE SCORE IN RELATION TO PAR: 25 under par (263) in 2000 Johnnie Walker Classic and 2002 WGC American Express Championship. PGA TOUR record is 28 under par (260) by John Huston in 1998 United Airlines Hawaiian Open and 28 under par (256) by Mark Calcavecchia in 2001 Phoenix Open.
    LOW 72-HOLE SCORE IN RELATION TO PAR IN MAJORS:
    1997 Masters Tournament 18 under par
    2000 U.S. Open Championship 12 under par
    2000 British Open Championship 19 under par
    2000 PGA Championship 18 under par (tied with Bob May)
    LOWEST FIRST 36 HOLES: 125 (64-61) in 2000 WGC NEC Invitational. Mark Calcavecchia tied PGA TOUR record with 125 (65-60) in 2001 Phoenix Open. Tom Lehman also tied this record 125 (63-62) in 2001 Invensys Classic in Las Vegas.
    LOWEST FIRST 54 HOLES: 192 in 2000 WGC NEC Invitational. PGA TOUR record is 189 by John Cook in 1996 Fed Ex St. Jude Classic and by Mark Calcavecchia in 2001 Phoenix Open.
    LOWEST 18-HOLE SCORE: 61 in 1999 GTE Byron Nelson Classic and 2000 WGC NEC Invitational. PGA TOUR record is 59 by Al Geiberger in 1977 Memphis Classic, Chip Beck in 1991 Las Vegas Invitational, and David Duval in 1999 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.
    LARGEST MARGIN OF VICTORY: 15 strokes in 2000 U.S. Open Championship. PGA TOUR record is 16 strokes by J.D. Edgar in 1919 Canadian Open, Joe Kirkwood, Sr. in 1924 Corpus Christi Open and Bobby Locke in 1948 Chicago Victory Championship.
    LARGEST MARGIN AFTER 54 HOLES: 10 strokes in 2000 U.S. Open Championship.
    LARGEST MARGIN AFTER 36 HOLES: 7 strokes in 2000 WGC NEC Invitational.
    MOST CONSECUTIVE EVENTS WITHOUT MISSING CUT: Tiger Woods has missed the cut in only one event in his career, 1997 Bell Canadian Open. He withdrew from 1998 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, because of postponement. Since then, Woods has made the cut in 96 consecutive events. PGA TOUR record is 113 events by Byron Nelson, followed by Jack Nicklaus with 105.
    LOWEST ADJUSTED SCORING AVERAGE: Tiger Woods’ adjusted scoring average of 67.79 in 2000 was the lowest in PGA TOUR history, exceeding his 68.43 average in 1999.
    LOWEST ACTUAL SCORING AVERAGE: Tiger Woods’ actual scoring average of 68.17 in 2000 was the lowest in PGA TOUR history, exceeding the 68.33 average by Byron Nelson in 1945.
    LOWEST CONSECUTIVE ROUNDS: 125 (64-61) in the first and second rounds of the 2000 NEC Invitational. Mark Calcaveccia broke this record 124 (60-64) in the 2001 Phoenix Open second and third rounds.

MOST CONSECUTIVE ROUNDS AT PAR OR BETTER: Tiger Woods' 52 consecutive rounds at par or better from the second round of 2000 GTE Byron Nelson Classic, through the first round of the 2001 Phoenix Open, was a PGA TOUR record. He had 66 consecutive rounds worldwide.
    MOST CONSECUTIVE EVENTS AT PAR OR BETTER: Tiger Woods' 35 consecutive events at par or better (stroke-play events only) on the PGA TOUR (all under par), starting with the 1999 PGA Championship, through the 2001 Memorial Tournament, was a PGA TOUR record. In 2000, Woods became the first to be under par in every event played on the PGA TOUR for an entire year.
    MOST CONSECUTIVE VICTORIES IN A SINGLE EVENT: Tiger Woods is one of three (possibly four) players to have three consecutive victories in two single events and is the first to do so in the same years. He won both Memorial Tournament and WGC NEC Invitational in 1999, 2000 and 2001. Walter Hagen won PGA Championship in four consecutive years (1924-27) and Metropolitan Open in three consecutive years (1916-20, no event in 1917-18 because of war). Arnold Palmer won Texas Open (1960-62) and Phoenix Open (1961-63). Some records keepers credit Gene Sarazen with three consecutive victories in two single events in 1920s and other records keepers dispute this. The records are inconclusive.
    MOST PRIZE MONEY FOR ONE YEAR AND FOR CAREER: Tiger Woods set PGA TOUR record with earnings of $9,188,321 for 2000 and $33,103,852 for his career through 2002. His worldwide total was $41,213,162 for his career through 2002.

mmmkay, argue all you want, his career ain't over yet, Nicklaus' is.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

If you've watched a large ammount of video of Nicklaus playing back in the day then you can make the statement, but if not you really can't. I personally don't know, cos all I've seen is Tiger as I'm not old enough to have watched Nicklaus in his heyday. You have to have seen equal ammounts of each at their best to say who's better.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    nicklaus had 73 top ten finishes. tiger has 28.
    What?????

Woods has won thirteen professional major golf championships, the second highest of any male player, and 64 PGA Tour events, tied for third all time. He has more career major wins and career PGA Tour wins than any other
    active golfer.

Where do you get your stats Wade? Your asshole?

Oh I see now, we're talking MAJOR finishes, well yes Nicklaus does have many more, but he also played 20 years longer.
    Last edited by brock; 06-15-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTheWonderDog View Post
    If you've watched a large ammount of video of Nicklaus playing back in the day then you can make the statement, but if not you really can't. I personally don't know, cos all I've seen is Tiger as I'm not old enough to have watched Nicklaus in his heyday. You have to have seen equal amounts of each at their best to say who's better.
    I grew up watching Nicklaus son, he was NEVER as clutch as Tiger. Tiger never choked in a major, Nicklaus did. See the 1960 US Open at Cherry Hills

How old are you Rock out of interest?

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

old enough.

Haha fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    What?????

Woods has won thirteen professional major golf championships, the second highest of any male player, and 64 PGA Tour events, tied for third all time. He has more career major wins and career PGA Tour wins than any other
    active golfer.

Where do you get your stats Wade? Your asshole?

Oh I see now, we're talking MAJOR finishes, well yes Nicklaus does have many more, but he also played 20 years longer.
    LOL,

you seriously need to calm down playa.

i make a comment on some numbers that were broadcasted during the tournament telecast on how many top 10s jack had and this dude puts up a research paper with all types of tiger stats.

take a deep breath...
    Christianity = White Supremacy

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

dude is lord of the gold course man and he did wit a 70-80% knee and after surgery without stretching it out that much wtf he's is a monster right now all he's gotta do is win this playoff and it's a wrap kiddos

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    LOL,

you seriously need to calm down playa.

i make a comment on some numbers that were broadcasted during the tournament telecast on how many top 10s jack had and this dude puts up a research paper with all types of tiger stats.

take a deep breath...

Why are you here? Does it give you pleasure to follow around people that don't like you commenting on each and every one of their posts? I know you don't know shit about golf. Why don't you go moderate something that doesn't need moderating like you always do. Useless.
    Last edited by brock; 06-16-2008 at 02:49 AM.

Tiger is doing good right now. I want to see if his knee gives him problems today
    BEZ
    Peace To New York

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Why are you here? Does it give you pleasure to follow around people that don't like you commenting on each and every one of their posts? I know you don't know shit about golf. Why don't you go moderate something that doesn't need moderating like you always do. Useless.
    LMAO,

who follows you around and comments on all your posts???

hell if anything you do that to me. i made a comment about something they showed during the golf program and you attacked me for no reason.

apprently you have emotional problems. i'll leave you alone. you csn continue to berate me, i wont respond.
    Last edited by THE W; 06-16-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

sorry, I won't berate you anymore as long as you promise not to be stupid, deal?

do u think tiger is the best athleste in the world right now?

I think we all know Rocco really deserved to win, considering he's the first to come back on Tiger down 3 in a Major like that. In all honesty I think I can say that..I think..I dunno..may be dissagreeres, but either way, the better man DID win...and not the better man for the day...which to me is a good thing too. Props to Tiger he's a dominant force I am glad I am able to say he played in my lifetime. Rocco's first two in sudden death really sucked, could feel that dude's pain.