Thread: Country music

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Default Country music

Someone school me.

I love Johnny Cash and own several of his albums on vinyl (Live at Folsom Prison & Live At San Quentin) as well as a greatest hits cd and American Recordings I & IV.

I don't own anything else by anyone country though and I'm starting to feel like the kid who has all the Tupac albums but no other hip-hop.

I'm gonna want it to be the darker Johnny Cash side of Country, not the more 'take your partner by the hand' type shit. Suggested listening?

Oh yeah, I've ordered Solomon Burke's recent Country Soul album called 'Nashville' after hearing excellent reviews.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Hank Williams (Sr.) is dope. There's a compilation called Alone And Forsaken that's a good place to start. You should also check out Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson & The Louvin Brothers. I don't know how comprehensive the Johnny Cash hits CD you have is, but all of his Sun Records era stuff is amazing. Things like "Train Of Love" and the original "Delia's Gone."

Nashville Skyline-Bob Dylan....love it.

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Country-ish...one of the best albums I've ever heard...not that dark tho' but really really worth the listen

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Yeah I'm down with Stills. Got some Willie Nelson too. Gonna check the others.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Harlan Howard - Pretty Good Shape

Hank Williams Jr. - Country Boy Can Survive (Awaken Remix)Beat Prod.by Chandler Bouldin

Angels in Heaven - Chris Rodrigues & the Spoon Lady