View Poll Results: RZA's "Digi Snacks" is a...

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Masterpiece

21 9.86%
  • 9 - Superior

34 15.96%
  • 8 - Banger

46 21.60%
  • 7 - Good

41 19.25%
  • 6 - Average

23 10.80%
  • 5 - Nothing Special

17 7.98%
  • 4 - Boring

10 4.69%
  • 3 - Weak

7 3.29%
  • 2 - Weaker

0 0%
  • 1 - Wack

14 6.57%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RZA as Bobby Digital - Digi Snacks

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
    Ok I'm gonna give a full review. Rza really did a good job with this. Just as he said, he was having FUN making this album. Some people might bitch bc of certain sounds but overall it comes off well.

Digi Snax Intro: Nice intro, with a short rhyme over a good beat

Long Time Coming: Really like this song. Rza has the voice double going on this. 2nd verse is one I always loved it's from a 'freestyle" over the Rocky song. Think it's on the WAR DVD. All verses are really nice Rza not Bobby verses.

You Can't Stop Me: We've all heard it. I like it, think Deck's verse is fine.

Str8 Up the Block: Ha this is just weird bc when you listen to the album it works for some reason. Is this a little jab at Cap though? Talking about the big dick and then saying in Maryland he bought the cab stand...ha

Booby Trap: I LOVE this beat. If this is one the Clan rejected, well man they are dumb. Wiggles on the chorus doesn't add or subtract from the song. Rza's flow is really smooth

Try Ya Ya: Average slow track. ok verse, I think it's Monk on the second but I could be wrong, I never paid attention to the Black Knights

Good Night: Really nice chill song

No Regrets: Another track that seems to be getting some hate. It's an average track

Money Don't Own Me: There are a lot of tracks that are slow but they sound good. Really like this one. Smooth

Creep: Man, the only bad thing about this song is that it makes you think how it would sound with the Clan on it. The Knights have average acceptable verses, Rza's back to gutter lyrics, but this is a beat that should be reserved for the heavy hitters

Drama: We've all heard this one, people bitch it's Gza's song, but if he wants to up the Gza by redoing a song it's not a crime.

Up Again: Love the intro piano on this. Has high pitched piano loop on most of it with some addition guitars in the background and some addition pianos come in. Really good track

Put Your Guns Down: I forgot the name of the original song and artist sampled and am too lazy too look, but it was used by Royce on his song Life. Rza uses it well, great track, great verses

Love Is Digi 2: This one just grows on me everytime. Would have been better with someone besides Thea. Where's Tekitha

O Day: Nice lyrics, beat is eh. It does have a lot of subtle changes and a big change at the end, but overall not impressive

Dont Be Afraid: This track is just great, the beat, the guitars at the end, the rhymes.

This is a high quality album. Period. It's not a straight banger, it's slower, with atmosphere. It has some elements of some things you wouldn't expect on a Wu album, but Rza makes it work. Even straight up the block makes sense somehow as part of the whole. Just about every track is good, with really good music. Rza really answered his critics with this one. Also there seems to be more Rza than Bobby. Fans stuck on grimey old shit might not like it but they really hate on everything else anyway.

This may make Rae really look like the idiot he is if CL2 doesn't hold up.
    Agree with your review

11th Chamber: I thought about it but I figured that it would have appeared anyway maybe tomorrow so why not. most of the latest Wu-albums have had a review-thread before the official release.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

DAMN, did y'all hear that beat-switch on "O'Day"?? that's what's up, easily the best RZA album since "In Stereo".. review coming soon.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

D-Infinite

RZA's sample for Put Your Guns Down is "I Forgot To Be Your Lover" by William Bell, i think, the same one used on:

- Killah Priest - One Step
    - Dilated Peoples - Worst Comes To Worst

as well as Jay-Z, Scarface, and many others...

i have to admit that after first listen the album is a lot better than i expected it would be. this is partly because i assumed rza had used up all his best beats on 8 diagrams and that turned out not to be true and partly because the 2 singles he had released seemed decidedly uninspired. so i set an extremely low bar with my expectations and he's definitely exceeded them. but it remains to be seen whether i'll tire of his lyrics quickly as he's just not all that interesting to me on the mic.

more akbar

Guardian of the 1st house Hellspawn's Avatar

At first I found it wack, I hope it'll grow on me but I'm afraid I'll end up hatin it like 8 Diagrams.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
    Ok I'm gonna give a full review. Rza really did a good job with this. Just as he said, he was having FUN making this album. Some people might bitch bc of certain sounds but overall it comes off well.

Digi Snax Intro: Nice intro, with a short rhyme over a good beat

Long Time Coming: Really like this song. Rza has the voice double going on this. 2nd verse is one I always loved it's from a 'freestyle" over the Rocky song. Think it's on the WAR DVD. All verses are really nice Rza not Bobby verses.

You Can't Stop Me: We've all heard it. I like it, think Deck's verse is fine.

Str8 Up the Block: Ha this is just weird bc when you listen to the album it works for some reason. Is this a little jab at Cap though? Talking about the big dick and then saying in Maryland he bought the cab stand...ha

Booby Trap: I LOVE this beat. If this is one the Clan rejected, well man they are dumb. Wiggles on the chorus doesn't add or subtract from the song. Rza's flow is really smooth

Try Ya Ya: Average slow track. ok verse, I think it's Monk on the second but I could be wrong, I never paid attention to the Black Knights

Good Night: Really nice chill song

No Regrets: Another track that seems to be getting some hate. It's an average track

Money Don't Own Me: There are a lot of tracks that are slow but they sound good. Really like this one. Smooth

Creep: Man, the only bad thing about this song is that it makes you think how it would sound with the Clan on it. The Knights have average acceptable verses, Rza's back to gutter lyrics, but this is a beat that should be reserved for the heavy hitters

Drama: We've all heard this one, people bitch it's Gza's song, but if he wants to up the Gza by redoing a song it's not a crime.

Up Again: Love the intro piano on this. Has high pitched piano loop on most of it with some addition guitars in the background and some addition pianos come in. Really good track

Put Your Guns Down: I forgot the name of the original song and artist sampled and am too lazy too look, but it was used by Royce on his song Life. Rza uses it well, great track, great verses

Love Is Digi 2: This one just grows on me everytime. Would have been better with someone besides Thea. Where's Tekitha

O Day: Nice lyrics, beat is eh. It does have a lot of subtle changes and a big change at the end, but overall not impressive

Dont Be Afraid: This track is just great, the beat, the guitars at the end, the rhymes.

This is a high quality album. Period. It's not a straight banger, it's slower, with atmosphere. It has some elements of some things you wouldn't expect on a Wu album, but Rza makes it work. Even straight up the block makes sense somehow as part of the whole. Just about every track is good, with really good music. Rza really answered his critics with this one. Also there seems to be more Rza than Bobby. Fans stuck on grimey old shit might not like it but they really hate on everything else anyway.

This may make Rae really look like the idiot he is if CL2 doesn't hold up.
    Wow I pretty much agree with everything you said, except I think Try Ya Ya Ya is a banger and No Regrets shoulda never been conceived. LOL @ this weird album, but I'm feelin it
    Last edited by CYENCE; 06-18-2008 at 08:57 AM.

FRESH FISH

Damn... this album impressed me. When i heard the snippets i wasn't feeling them, but now that i heard the full album i gotta say that it's pretty good.

the album fucking sucks...rza lost both lost his productionskills and his flow. It's garbage poops

Yall must REALLY luv the Rza... This some bullshit... I cant believe this... What has happened to him... SERIOUSLY... Its like he doesnt care about the quality of his music or his listeners.. As a beatsmith it hurts to hear this.. RZA is one of my ALL time favorites... I understand change.. but WTF... And cats have MAD respect for Rza including myself.. Its like he is shittin on us for real yo..

"Yep"

WuTang4Life

After reading all the comments about this album i thought it was gonna be really wack.

I've listened to the whole album today twice on the way to and from work and i do think its good.

I'm gonna have to have a few more listens to it before i make my mind up but i can say that i'm not disappointed at all.

"i'm engaged to a shotgun and it gets jelous"

i really want to know what kind of drugs rza took for producing digi snax...
    it's unique
    no track is compareable to each other or to any other track i've heard till now... and thats the quality on rza... he has so many faces and different producing styles...

lovin' digi snax...

9/10 ....

peace and respect to da abbot....

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

it's a dope album, the biggest problem with the album are lyrics - but fuck it - I'm enjoying this shit more than any 50 Cent, Game or wtw album

propz to RZA
    bring back begongo!!

bonus track is nice

an mfherbs , i hear what ur saying. I think this is way better than Digi bullets though.

this album is pretty good, did not expect any more collaboration with Wu-Tang Members, regarding the tracks, i'm with You Can't Stop Me Now, Drama, O'Day, Bobby Trap, Love Is Digi Part II....i'm wait cuban linx part II is excelente album too!!